(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a weird monkeypaw angle to me. I'm on the side of support for the attraction as itself, and think it'll do absolutely amazing work to continue paving way of thematic inclusion for Virtual Reality.

That said, it's replacing a practical show. In a park filled with media-based attractions. Surely there needs to be a balance, and I really hope Villian-con is reconsidered in this case scenario, as it feels extremely problematic that USF is leaning too heavily into one aspect that it could be decreased on.

What if it is the British MoM complete with it's grand lobby.

The VR Broom attraction is Auror Training. You go into the the small Auror's Office where 8 "Brooms" are waiting. Hop on and put on the VR goggles. When it starts the wall in front of you magically dissolves, and off you go out of the building on a Death Eater treasure hunt through 8K London.

The second attraction would be The Trial of Fenrir Greyback and take place in Courtroom Ten. It would be the "puzzle theater" patent and basically be Universal's version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter but with a big scary werewolf AA in a cage in the middle. Of course something goes wrong and all hell breaks loose. It would be a mix of practical and lighting effects including some projection mapping.

The VR Broom attraction is Auror Training. You go into the the small Auror's Office where 8 "Brooms" are waiting. Hop on and put on the VR goggles. When it starts the wall in front of you magically dissolves, and off you go out of the building on a Death Eater treasure hunt through 8K London.

The second attraction would be The Trial of Fenrir Greyback and take place in Courtroom Ten. It would be the "puzzle theater" patent and basically be Universal's version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter but with a big scary werewolf AA in a cage in the middle. Of course something goes wrong and all hell breaks loose. It would be a mix of practical and lighting effects including some projection mapping.
If all this is coming to USF, then sure, I’m in. If the theatre and British Ministry stay in EU, VR ride will be fine but isn’t overly exciting.

Reactions: Frogki

Now that would work to help balance Studios' A partly practical ride plus the MoM theme. Then the VR attraction would just be an additional experience.

I would be so down for this, especially because I’d rather them build something other than more Potter for one of the EU lands. But I can’t see Universal building 2 more HP experiences in USF.

With the parks snapping back stronger than projected, I could see Comcast being even more bullish on Orlando Universal than they were pre covid. And with Epic opening probably being pushed back apx. one year,
I'm 'guessing' there might be a re evaluation of what they were going to do at USF. Also, with the way WDW dissed their AP's, there's an opportunity to pick up a decent percentage of those people and convert them into
Universal AP's. That said, it makes it plausible that they'd do a major expansion like @Disneyhead suggested, though the scope of that is probably after Epic opening construction. But shorter term,
it may be plausible they go with some smaller budget attractions like SLOP, and/or the DM Villains. And maybe a fairly low budget rework tweek of F&F or higher budget conversion to a Knight Bus attraction. It's obvious Universal Orlando is on a positive roll, and I expect Comcast to take advantage of it and give some jump to Studio's that wasn't in the works when Epic was on the open late 2023 or early 2024 time frame. A 2025 Epic opening kind of changes a lot, as does the very successful attendance snap back.

Last edited:
A 2025 Epic opening kind of changes a lot, as does the very successful attendance snap back.
Is it 2025 though? The NBCUniversal exec (I forget his name) said it would open in “a couple of years”. A couple seems a lot sooner than 2025. I think we will see a late 2023 or most likely a 2024 opening.

Reactions: anihilnation
With the parks snapping back stronger than projected, I could see Comcast being even more bullish on Orlando Universal than they were pre covid. And with Epic opening probably being pushed back apx. one year,
I'm 'guessing' there might be a re evaluation of what they were going to do at USF. Also, with the way WDW dissed their AP's, there's an opportunity to pick up a decent percentage of those people and convert them into
Universal AP's. That said, it makes it plausible that they'd do a major expansion like @Disneyhead suggested, though the scope of that is probably after Epic opening construction. But shorter term,
it may be plausible they go with some smaller budget attractions like SLOP, and/or the DM Villains. And maybe a fairly low budget rework tweek of F&F or higher budget conversion to a Knight Bus attraction. It's obvious Universal Orlando is on a positive roll, and I expect Comcast to take advantage of it and give some jump to Studio's that wasn't in the works when Epic was on the open late 2023 or early 2024 time frame. A 2025 Epic opening kind of changes a lot, as does the very successful attendance snap back.
I really wonder if we can get a kidzone replacement for 2024, would be a lot of construction but not very intrusive of the guests, plus a Potter attraction is sure to draw crowds and make them $$$, I wonder if they try to get really aggressive before and at EU. Could be interesting.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Is it 2025 though? The NBCUniversal exec (I forget his name) said it would open in “a couple of years”. A couple seems a lot sooner than 2025. I think we will see a late 2023 or most likely a 2024 opening.
That was the original date. But since construction that was supposed to start last fall hasn't started yet, presumably later this summer, it would be pretty tough to meet that timeline. Most likely 2025 or very late 2024
at the earliest.

Reactions: RFRees

This, plus SLOP replacing Shrek, is easily the best case scenario for USF in the near future.

Make it so DH, pull some strings.