Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Running Universal

Disney and Universal don't seem to want anyone to have a way to get a truly discounted admission anymore. Convention and evening rates are a joke if they exist at all.

Not sure if it's still the same or not, but I think only a few years ago, you could get same-day tickets to Disneyland for $50 if you were a part of the CHOC Walk (5K walk through DLR).

EDIT: I didn't participate in the CHOC Walk, but my wife's coworker did in 2016 and was able to get us tickets to Disneyland for $50 per person on select days in November that year (event was held on 10/30/16) so it wasn't same-day tickets as the event. We ended up going in late November that year.

Last edited:
My friend and I ran the Minions 5k and enjoyed it. My friend's son, who runs cross country, finished first in his age category (around age 12 or 13?).

I am thinking about signing up for the Jurassic 5k. I think the course will be slightly different because during the packet pickup a Universal employee was walking around asking us to take a poll about which additional parts of the Universal Studios tour we'd like to see in a future race, like New York Street.

My question is, what do people think Universal will include as photo opportunities for this race? Creatures like Blue (the raptor) or the triceratops people can see everyday at the theme park. It seems like a harder theme, since there aren't costume characters from Jurassic World or Park that they can use to take selfies with.

The new medals have been shown off!

My question is, what do people think Universal will include as photo opportunities for this race? Creatures like Blue (the raptor) or the triceratops people can see everyday at the theme park. It seems like a harder theme, since there aren't costume characters from Jurassic World or Park that they can use to take selfies with.

My guess is that we'll likely see Julia, Blue, the Dino Handlers with the Baby Dinos, and maybe some of the old Raptors around the bend in certain areas.

The courses have been illustrated for all three routes: The 5K, 10K, and Kids 1K routes; with the Jurassic route going through the Universal Backlot in various locations this year.

Kids 1K

2019JWR_1k.jpg

2019JWR_5k.jpg

2019JWR_10k.jpg

‪The Running Universal event featuring DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls planned for April 26, 2020 at Universal Studios Hollywood has been canceled.

Last edited:
Do we know if this event is planned to return in the future? Was fun and popular for the short time they did it. Although I think they should limit it to once per year like Disney to keep the event more special and change the theme each time.

Do we know if this event is planned to return in the future? Was fun and popular for the short time they did it. Although I think they should limit it to once per year like Disney to keep the event more special and change the theme each time.
I don't think it will come back. even the employee 5k I think is gone.