Samba Brazillian Steakhouse Replacement (USH) | Inside Universal Forums

Samba Brazillian Steakhouse Replacement (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

Work has finally gone for awaited replacement of Samba at CityWalk Hollywood. The venue has gone dark for a long bit of time; with walls now going around the venue.

Really hoping this means we're about to get something on-par; especially if it can help attract more and more people.

Last edited:

Work has finally gone for awaited replacement of Samba at CityWalk Hollywood. The venue has gone dark for a long bit of time; with walls now going around the venue.

Really hoping this means we're about to get something on-par; especially if it can help attract more and more people.

That’s good, I think Citywalk is getting some love before hhn

If they are going for another sit cool but if it can be anything, I would love a Raising Canes Chicken, we just lost Universal Chicken but I would assume Canes would do very well anywhere in Citywalk

If its a sit down and they are open to trying something new then a Universal theme restaurant would be cool with props from films and themed rooms to eat in

If they are going for another sit cool but if it can be anything, I would love a Raising Canes Chicken, we just lost Universal Chicken but I would assume Canes would do very well anywhere in Citywalk

If its a sit down and they are open to trying something new then a Universal theme restaurant would be cool with props from films and themed rooms to eat in
Oh dude Cane's would do bonkers business at City Walk. They should try to add one.

I feel like a sit-down restaurant with Universal theming is something they should add inside the theme park. Sure space is tight, but they can probably find a place to do it.

There's already a Cain's more or less just down the street from USH, down Lankershim and Vineland. It looks ready to open, but it also looks like there's general street repair all around it, so not sure if it's open yet or not, but it certainly will be very soon if it isn't already!

I still miss Cafe Tu Tu Tango, for those old enough to remember eating there before it turned into Samba. I once spotted Freddie Prinze, Jr. eating there.

Given how Toothsome has been received, I’m gonna say no. My guess is it’s the new Blaze Pizza location.
I feel like the people I've talked to had kinda similar thoughts to myself when I went back when that opened

Slow service, not the best prices for the food items and at least for when I went the food wasn't that hot

Along with the Chicken place closing that was owned by Universal, I would hope USH management can try to improve the places they do own on citywalk

It sounds like The Universal's Great Movie Escape room at Citywalk Orlando is coming to Hollywood.

Perhaps Escapeology was involved on the escape room in Orlando since Hollywoods is getting both BTTF and JW as well.

As noticed by @ethanuniversal; it actually seems like Escapeology isn't bringing in *any* Universal themed escape rooms into this.

Infact, it seems to be their typical brand of escape rooms that they have already established.
  • 7 Deadly Sins
  • A Pirates Curse
  • BATMAN: The Dark Knight Challenge
  • Scooby-Doo & The Spooky Castle Adventure
  • Who Stole Mona?
  • Mansion Murder
  • Haunted House
  • Lost City

Tucking it in the back of Citywalk behind Toothsome seems like a poor choice for business. Sure guests will see it when coming from the parking garage, but it's not likely to entice them to fork over the price to do it.

Wasn't the price vs experience an issue with Orlando's addition? Currently, Citywalk just doesn't have the "must go to instead of inside the park" appeal (this coming from someone whose gone to Citywalk only a few times within the past 2 months :lol:)

Honestly, I'd rather see the bowling alley return, an arcade(?), VR(?)... mini-golf..

Reactions: Rideguy70
Tucking it in the back of Citywalk behind Toothsome seems like a poor choice for business. Sure guests will see it when coming from the parking garage, but it's not likely to entice them to fork over the price to do it.

Wasn't the price vs experience an issue with Orlando's addition? Currently, Citywalk just doesn't have the "must go to instead of inside the park" appeal (this coming from someone whose gone to Citywalk only a few times within the past 2 months :lol:)

Honestly, I'd rather see the bowling alley return, an arcade(?), VR(?)... mini-golf..
I think it’s on purpose, not supposed to be a big money maker. Just bigger than an empty space

1) Love you guys, was there last night so made a video about the rumor...and now here we are

2) If they don't do Universal then...Scoopy Doo would be I think a good fit because the characters are in the park..but also Batman I would think would do well

I'm glad some activities are coming to Citywalk, but I do worry Escape Rooms don't have a lot of repeat value. Mini golf, even the same course, could feel different each game. And would be relatively easy to maintain and staff. Plus, there aren't really any mini-golf courses around (unless you get out to Van Nuys). And Orlando has one. Really baffling to me that they don't have one yet.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that Escapology, an escape room experience, is coming to CityWalk Hollywood.