Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there no easy transportation from the airport to Universal? I would think there would be lots of cheaper ways than a cab.

Unlike CBBR, sapphire has single pool area etc so not sure they are able to open in phases

At this stage the only possible delay I can see if the water taxi element but appears that with the amount of workers on site daily that all should be finished also. Only 70 left so a LOT of work to do.

When I was there in FEB, it looked like the left side (facing from CBBR) looked more along than the right. I would guess it would be possible to open the buildings on the one side while still work on some buildings as long as the lobby and such is done...I would think they would want the pool done, but didn't CBBR open before the lazy river was done?

I have nothing to go by, but I am just assuming if all buildings where not done by opening date that they could still open some buildings...I also have no idea if occupational licenses are giving for each building separately verse the whole project...

I city bussed it over from the airport my last trip. $4 for the two of us and only took about 40 minutes, which isn't terrible for the price.
People do not do their research. Lynx will take you to Universal for $2 per person as you said, or cheaper getting a weekly pass . I CAN NEVER understand why someone would do Mears, Yellow Cab, or any of these other transportation robberies in Orlando.

People do not do their research. Lynx will take you to Universal for $2 per person as you said, or cheaper getting a weekly pass . I CAN NEVER understand why someone would do Mears, Yellow Cab, or any of these other transportation robberies in Orlando.
$2 and it wastes 45-60 minutes out of your day to get there (and that's a conservative estimate). It's also hardly magical to ride a city bus on an Orlando vacation. People are always willing to pay more for convenience.

A trip from the airport where i'm going to be having a lot of luggage with me is also not the most attractive time to ride a city bus.

Last edited:
If they raise the garage parking to $28 you will see $30 at the resorts, surprised it took this long after the last general parking hike.

That is absolutely obscene. Makes you wonder what is the ceiling on this in the future? Will we one day see a $30 per night parking space at a Universal Hotel?!

It seems to go up $2 every year. I do not think it has gone up yet this year...I sort of expect it to be $24 by the time I stay there for HHN just based on the way it has gone up from when it was $18 at the deluxe resorts.

I still can't believe Universal doesn't have some kind of pick up shuttle to their hotel. Even some off site hotels offer free transportation to and from the airport.

I still can't believe Universal doesn't have some kind of pick up shuttle to their hotel. Even some off site hotels offer free transportation to and from the airport.

And I'm pretty sure we took a survey on these over a year ago with some pretty poor name suggestions, but at least it showed it was something they were working on. Wonder what they're waiting for on this one?

That is absolutely obscene. Makes you wonder what is the ceiling on this in the future? Will we one day see a $30 per night parking space at a Universal Hotel?!

The only parking option for the Loews in D.C. is Valet at $59 per night. :yikes:

And I'm pretty sure we took a survey on these over a year ago with some pretty poor name suggestions, but at least it showed it was something they were working on. Wonder what they're waiting for on this one?

The only parking option for the Loews in D.C. is Valet at $59 per night. :yikes:

$59??! Do you get a new car each day for that price?! :D

Reactions: martymcflyy85