Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sapphire Falls is my new favorite resort as well. I think it's underpriced for what you get, which is probably why they're raising their rates. I would say it's a true resort, whereas CBBR just feels like an extra large hotel with crappy food. I didn't eat dinner at Amatista but their breakfast buffet was amazing and well worth the price. The Strong Water Tavern tapas menu was amazing and pretty cheap. My favorite resorts before SF were:

1. Hard Rock / Portofino
2. RPR
3. - 9. (nothing)
10. CBBR

and now its..

1. Sapphire Falls
2. Hard Rock / Portofino
3. RPR
4. - 14. (nothing)
15. - CBBR (yes it moved down 5 spots after seeing what SF is at around the same price)

I love reviews from people that understand UOR and have no bias. Thanks, I had an amazing time at RPR last year for HHN and the 5 - 6 times I stayed at CBBR since opening so with your review I am looking forward to my stay at SF next month

I love reviews from people that understand UOR and have no bias. Thanks, I had an amazing time at RPR last year for HHN and the 5 - 6 times I stayed at CBBR since opening so with your review I am looking forward to my stay at SF next month

I wrote a much longer review before if you care to find it; but even my girlfriend, who loved CBBR before staying at SF, said SF completely changes your view of CBBR because of what you get for the same price.

Also, yes.. the bathroom doors are an issue.. we have 3 hotel rooms for 12 people for HHN in October, all friends, mix of guys and girls in all rooms.. should be interesting

EDIT: SF changed our views on CBBR because we are 23 and 25 years old with NO KIDS, we can completely see how people with kids prefer CBBR. SF is aimed more at adults (conventioneers) with the upscale feeling they make.

I wrote a much longer review before if you care to find it; but even my girlfriend, who loved CBBR before staying at SF, said SF completely changes your view of CBBR because of what you get for the same price.

Also, yes.. the bathroom doors are an issue.. we have 3 hotel rooms for 12 people for HHN in October, all friends, mix of guys and girls in all rooms.. should be interesting

EDIT: SF changed our views on CBBR because we are 23 and 25 years old with NO KIDS, we can completely see how people with kids prefer CBBR. SF is aimed more at adults (conventioneers) with the upscale feeling they make.

I did read your earlier report - Thanks!

Reactions: Joel
They are top hung sliding doors like the old barn doors. In this case I think the term "barn door open" is apropos

2000-34c6b80c22ad8f1d11d03ffcc61406d9.jpg

Reactions: Joel
I think they were going for the caribbean vibe here, most doors are pretty insubstantial there to allow airflow and they really don't have american values about privacy.

Edit : I have seen these hanging "barn" doors on the home improvement shows for the last few years. They are "in".

Last edited:
Reactions: Journey_On and Joel
I think they were going for the caribbean vibe here, most doors are pretty insubstantial there to allow airflow and they really don't have american values about privacy
Well, if they want to get really authentic like Caribbean villages off the tourist route, they may need to put outhouses out in the garden areas and seal off the bathrooms. :lol:

Well, if they want to get really authentic like Caribbean villages off the tourist route, they may need to put outhouses out in the garden areas and seal off the bathrooms. :lol:

Why are all the jungle plants growing with wide leaves? Who need the outhouse?

I spent a couple of weeks in Tulum a couple of years ago. Real culture shock for this northern boy

Reactions: Brownie54 and Joel
Why are all the jungle plants growing with wide leaves? Who need the outhouse?

I spent a couple of weeks in Tulum a couple of years ago. Real culture shock for this northern boy
Plants with the wide leaves are for the outhouses. ;) ........ I journeyed to Chitzen Itza in the early 80's. I understand your Tulum remark completely.

Reactions: JoeCamel
DBF and I stayed at SF this past weekend (anniversary celebration/staycation at an awesome rate). It was our first ever stay on-site at UOR.

- Really nice hotel. It did not feel like a "value" at all!
- The pool was so big (well, it is the biggest pool on property at the moment). We visited it in the morning on our check-out day (around 10 AM), after we had gone to the parks for early-entry, and it was not crowded at all.
- The sliding door in the bathroom was interesting. And yeah, you can hear everything. I don't even think there was a lock on the door. :eek: Would be really nice if there was at least a bathroom fan.
- The person who checked us in said the water taxis come every 15 minutes, and the buses every 30. In the morning, the water taxis seemed to be running often. Loved how efficient the security checks were at the boat launch. Bag check was very quick, and there were no metal detectors - instead you get wanded. Very easy.
- We checked out via our room TV. Any unsettled room charges appear on the screen (they also email you a receipt, too).

Overall, it was a nice stay, and we look forward to staying at more hotels on-site. :)

Those barn doors was an interesting selection. No privacy, especially if a small child is around lol I can see it more and issue with non-relatives staying in the same room.

Reactions: Journey_On
That barn door is nothing. On my wife and I's first ever trip away together to Egypt, some genius had the idea to decorate the rooms with glass tiles which looked lovely but this was the view from the bedroom.
image.jpeg

Trying to poop in sight of the person you've only been dating for 6months was brutal.

That barn door is nothing. On my wife and I's first ever trip away together to Egypt, some genius had the idea to decorate the rooms with glass tiles which looked lovely but this was the view from the bedroom.
View attachment 2860

Trying to poop in sight of the person you've only been dating for 6months was brutal.
Let me get this straight:

You say *only* 6 months and you were willing to take her to a trip to EGYPT with her, and still pooping was a problem? :lol:

I have to say that my stay this past week at Cabana Bay was really not that great. First time onsite and I had heard great things from this site. But we had issues with bad customer service. Never seen so many unfriendly people, especially at the Starbucks and the food court area. It almost seemed like they hated tourists. A lot of unfriendly eye rolling and looking away when you smile or speak, etc. We loved the atmosphere over at Sapphire Falls so much better. The ONLY reason to pick Cabana Bay is for the bigger room. But even that is not that great because Cabana Bay has the sliding glass doors and the people in the other room can still see the light from the tv in the living room, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Also could hear the lady in the next room over clearing her throat at night. Loved the lazy river though. Maybe we just picked a bad week.