Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to say that my stay this past week at Cabana Bay was really not that great. First time onsite and I had heard great things from this site. But we had issues with bad customer service. Never seen so many unfriendly people, especially at the Starbucks and the food court area. It almost seemed like they hated tourists. A lot of unfriendly eye rolling and looking away when you smile or speak, etc. We loved the atmosphere over at Sapphire Falls so much better. The ONLY reason to pick Cabana Bay is for the bigger room. But even that is not that great because Cabana Bay has the sliding glass doors and the people in the other room can still see the light from the tv in the living room, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Also could hear the lady in the next room over clearing her throat at night. Loved the lazy river though. Maybe we just picked a bad week.

Me and my family just stayed at CBBR this past Friday and Saturday. It was a horrible stay. We were in a Tower Family Suite with a pool view. The walls are paper thin, at 1am I heard the people in the next room talking about their day at the park. I could have sworn that they were in the same room as us. Then at 6am they had construction going on right outside our room. Apparently our room was right next to where they are building Volcano Bay. Needless to say I am really hoping that Sapphire Falls will be a better stay when I go to HHN.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Me and my family just stayed at CBBR this past Friday and Saturday. It was a horrible stay. We were in a Tower Family Suite with a pool view. The walls are paper thin, at 1am I heard the people in the next room talking about their day at the park. I could have sworn that they were in the same room as us. Then at 6am they had construction going on right outside our room. Apparently our room was right next to where they are building Volcano Bay. Needless to say I am really hoping that Sapphire Falls will be a better stay when I go to HHN.

I have the same trouble at CBBR in the towers, I get a family suite in the courtyard and hear nothing. It is about $10 - $15 more a night and well worth it. I am with you hoping for a good bed, quiet room and killer shower at SF for HHN.

I just thought Sapphire Falls was on a whole different level than Cabana Bay. It honestly looked like a deluxe resort. I actually think its prettier than Portofino Bay personally. The pool area was great too. Especially the 2 people working the bar, they went out of their way to make my son feel welcome when we ordered him a hot dog. And those waterfalls at night...wow. The only drawback is not having express. I definitely hope to stay there on my next trip over Cabana Bay if the price remains the same.

I just thought Sapphire Falls was on a whole different level than Cabana Bay. It honestly looked like a deluxe resort. I actually think its prettier than Portofino Bay personally. The pool area was great too. Especially the 2 people working the bar, they went out of their way to make my son feel welcome when we ordered him a hot dog. And those waterfalls at night...wow. The only drawback is not having express. I definitely hope to stay there on my next trip over Cabana Bay if the price remains the same.
:agree: This is what I keep repeating about the resort. WAY underpriced for what it is, hopefully Universal doesn't realize this.

Universal is hosting a pass holder appreciation event at Sapphire Falls.

As part of UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™ ANNUAL PASSHOLDER APPRECIATION DAYS, passholders and their guests are invited to join us for an exclusive event at the all-new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando™!

Enjoy a complimentary welcome rum drink* before exploring the all-you-care-to-eat food stations, where you will savor exceptional Caribbean-style cuisine from each of Loews Sapphire Falls Resort's amazing restaurants - Strong Water Tavern, Amatista Cookhouse, Dhrum Club Kantine, New Dutch Trading Co. - and more. Plus there will be a rum experience station! There's even a kid-friendly food station just for the little ones.

This Carnaval themed event will also featureexciting live family-friendly entertainment! Listen to the sounds of a live band playing calypso music, celebrate along with dancers, walk among towering stilt walkers, experience interactive activities including photo ops and more.

Location: Cayman Court and Cayman Court Pavilion at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

Date: Thursday, September 15, 2016

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm

Menu: Click here

Price: $45** adult, $23** child (ages 3 - 9), children under 3 complimentary

UOAP Appreciation Day at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Tickets, Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:30 PM | Eventbrite

Reactions: Joel and Journey_On
:agree: This is what I keep repeating about the resort. WAY underpriced for what it is, hopefully Universal doesn't realize this.

Shhhhhh. They might be listening. :)
I think it's priced just right.

If it was priced much higher, i'd likely just end up booking RPR, which would get me Express for my entire trip too. If not RPR, i'd likely go for CBBR. Sapphire is a perfect middle.

Is the convention center open yet? Does anyone know when the first conventions are scheduled?

The convention rooms at RPR have been open all along. I think this allows them to book more at a lower price point so it is more attractive for the companies picking up the tab. The new areas at SF are expected to open this fall.

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort | Universal Orlando Hotels for Meetings & Events

https://www.uomeetingsandevents.com/Pdf/loews-meeting-complex-floor-plans.pdf

Last edited:
Just a few more weeks and I will be checking in, We were upgraded to
a king suite. Has anyone stayed in one? where are they located as there is only 10 of them. TIA