Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really not just trying to be a 'negative nancy' here, but whilst this place looks perfectly serviceable, I don't think it has enough of a unique/original identity compared to the other on-site's. We were very close to booking this place instead of Cabana Bay for 2 weeks this October and I'm glad we didn't now. There's nothing I feel I'm missing out on here by going for the cheaper option over the road, whereas I think I would have felt the opposite having stayed at Cabana Bay previously with its large choice of recreational facilities such as the Lazy River, bowling etc.
I realise that this is probably exactly what they've aimed to do here, so it's not meant as a harsh criticism by them aiming for the convention crowds who dont want/need that stuff, but I don't see a need for me to ever book a stay here personally as a 2 week tourist from the UK.

Reactions: Clive
I'm wondering how feasible/worthwhile it'll be to use the Sapphire Falls water taxi when I'm staying at Cabana Bay. Certainly would be an upgrade from the bus and it doesn't look like too bad of a walk.

I'm wondering how feasible/worthwhile it'll be to use the Sapphire Falls water taxi when I'm staying at Cabana Bay. Certainly would be an upgrade from the bus and it doesn't look like too bad of a walk.

My husband and I walked to the Royal Pacific dock last year and it was less than 10 minutes. I would imagine this would cut that time by a few minutes.

Reactions: Nash

By time you wait to cross the busy road, walk to the water taxi dock, potentially have just missed a boat and wait 10 mins for the next one.... It'll be so much easier to just sit on one of the parked buses at Cabana Bay that will leave within the next 5 minutes.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Here now and the wait to check in is 90 minutes. I hope the queue has AAs and scareactors.

90 minutes?!? That is crazy. They should have anticipated this since they have opened other hotels before and had extra staff on site with laptops to get people checked in faster. I would be livid if I had to wait 90 minutes to check into a hotel. Especially if you booked online and didn't even have a clue this was the first day.

By time you wait to cross the busy road, walk to the water taxi dock, potentially have just missed a boat and wait 10 mins for the next one.... It'll be so much easier to just sit on one of the parked buses at Cabana Bay that will leave within the next 5 minutes.

That's fair, just considering all available options. Personally, I like avoiding the hub with all that mess happening there, so I typically won't ride the bus unless it's back to CB.

Reactions: Joel
Currently on-site and none of the construction is really impacting the hotel's ambience. It's a beautiful resort, and just finished having a late lunch at Strong Tavern. Definitely recommend it.
I've been following you on Twitter today. The place looks amazing to me. Thanks for all the updates and sweet pics! We are definitely going to head over from Hard Rock and be hanging out at Strong Water during our stay in October. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Brian G.