Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

So I've booked a stay at Sapphire Falls this July and I'm getting conflicting information online about the walking options to Volcano Bay. With Aventura literally right next door can Sapphire guests use Aventura's walkway to get to VB?

So I've booked a stay at Sapphire Falls this July and I'm getting conflicting information online about the walking options to Volcano Bay. With Aventura literally right next door can Sapphire guests use Aventura's walkway to get to VB?

You'll be able to walk 100%. You can either go along the sidewalk around Aventura (the easiest from SF) or go into the pool area of Aventura and walk out the back (all on-site guests can access the pool areas at each hotel, no matter which one you're staying at).

Here's a quick screenshot to show the walking path from the front entrance of SF to the security checkpoint for VB.
You are awesome. All the stupid "guides" dedicated to theme parks that have entire sections devoted to the hotel make no mention of VB walking access for Sapphire. As always the smart folks on this forum like yourself come through with the supreme knowledge.

What ever happened to the plan to build an air-conditioned covered bridge connecting Royal Pacific with Sapphire Falls? Was that ever actually built? I can't for the life of me picture it.

The new Universal Orlando Resort hotel will be located between Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Loews Royal Pacific Resort. The hotel will be built around a lush, tropical lagoon and feature a towering waterfall. An air-conditioned, covered bridge will connect Loews Sapphire Falls and Loews Royal Pacific. Together, the two resorts will have 272,000 square feet of combined meeting space and 2,000 rooms.

UNIVERSAL AND LOEWS HOTELS & RESORTS ANNOUNCE NEW HOTEL FOR UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT | Universal Orlando Events

Last edited:
What ever happened to the plan to build an air-conditioned covered bridge connecting Royal Pacific with Sapphire Falls? Was that ever actually built? I can't for the life of me picture it.

The new Universal Orlando Resort hotel will be located between Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Loews Royal Pacific Resort. The hotel will be built around a lush, tropical lagoon and feature a towering waterfall. An air-conditioned, covered bridge will connect Loews Sapphire Falls and Loews Royal Pacific. Together, the two resorts will have 272,000 square feet of combined meeting space and 2,000 rooms.

UNIVERSAL AND LOEWS HOTELS & RESORTS ANNOUNCE NEW HOTEL FOR UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT | Universal Orlando Events

I've definitely used it a few times, mostly for eating purposes. Even with the loss of Tchoup Chop, between the sushi, Jake's, and Islands Dining Room, RPR still has the better dining choices.

I've definitely used it a few times, mostly for eating purposes. Even with the loss of Tchoup Chop, between the sushi, Jake's, and Islands Dining Room, RPR still has the better dining choices.

That's good to know because I'm staying at Sapphire Falls in OCT and didn't know there were other Restaurant options. Who has the best breakfast?

That's good to know because I'm staying at Sapphire Falls in OCT and didn't know there were other Restaurant options. Who has the best breakfast?

Honestly, both Islands Dining Room at RPR and Amatista Cookhouse at Sapphire offer a good breakfast buffet. If you want to dine with characters, that's over at RPR.

Less for guests and more for convention goers as it connects Sapphire to the convention space at RPR.
Can still be used by guests though as long as a convention isn’t being held. And will keep people out of the heat depending on where one is heading.

Can still be used by guests though as long as a convention isn’t being held. And will keep people out of the heat depending on where one is heading.

Oh yeah, just saying it’s designed for conventions not getting to the parks. Should be been more clear in my wording.

Does anyone know if there's a shortcut to the Boats from Aventura Hotel? Instead of going inside the front then down the stairs? I guess just use the bridge?
Somewhat - during "normal" hours, you can go through the doors to the convention center and then turn left and take the elevators down to the ground level. The boats will be outside on the right.

Doesn't cut off too much, but at least your in air conditioning for longer ;)

Can anybody confirm that Sapphire has temporarily closed?

Seems like emails are being sent out telling people that the resort has temporarily closed and they’ve got the option of a free upgrade to Hard Rock or they can amend their stay to a later date.

Can anybody confirm that Sapphire has temporarily closed?

Seems like emails are being sent out telling people that the resort has temporarily closed and they’ve got the option of a free upgrade to Hard Rock or they can amend their stay to a later date.
Both Sapphire and Aventura.