Scream 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Scream 7

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
A sequel to SCREAM VI (2023) is officially moving forward with a new director at the helm: Christopher Landon who has directed the Happy Death Day franchise and FREAKY (2020). Even though I wasn't at all a fan of Freaky, I absolutely love Happy Death Day and have full confidence that he'll do the Scream franchise right. Very excited!

Reactions: MrBlonde
A sequel to SCREAM VI (2023) is officially moving forward with a new director at the helm: Christopher Landon who has directed the Happy Death Day franchise and FREAKY (2020). Even though I wasn't at all a fan of Freaky, I absolutely love Happy Death Day and have full confidence that he'll do the Scream franchise right. Very excited!

I'm very interested in what that Universal Monsters project may entail. Universal must be excited about it to keep its plot so heavily under wraps.

Christopher Landon's also cool I suppose, but I feel like his films have progressively gotten worse.

Reactions: saint.piss
As long as the same writers from 5 and 6 are back and a majority of that cast returns I'm over the moon. Scream 6 was my favorite since the original and I love Freaky and Happy Death Day. I don't think there's a better fit for Landon than these films. Two comedy slashers leading to the GOAT of comedy slasher? I'm in.

I think he'll nail it for sure. Heck, at this point I wouldn't mind a new semi-established director for each entry putting their mark on the franchise, as long as they're able to maintain a cohesive continuity throughout.

Just hoping we finally get another solid killer reveal because the last 2 have been...underwhelming.

As someone who borderline hated the sixth installment, I am definitely excited for some fresh blood to the franchise.

Really enjoyed part 5, but 6 felt seriously lacking for me. With it's numerous, ludicrous non-fatal stabbings, lackluster and predictable villain and Jason takes Manhattan level usage of NYC, Radio Silence seemed creatively tapped out for this series.

I think Landon is an inspired choice. He has shown a savvy mixture of comedy, horror and drama in his other films.

Reactions: SixBillium
With it's numerous, ludicrous non-fatal stabbings...

I really hope he's able to take big swings. I loved the first 2/3s of 6 because Radio Silence crafted such likable characters that I was worried when I realized they were in danger, and I panicked. I realize that all of these injuries could be survivable in extremely rare cases, but having it happen how many times was a bit ridiculous.

But going into 7, how are we gonna feel like these characters are in danger again after what we've seen? I'm confident Landon can add some nail-biting suspense in there, and I think just knowing that it's not the same team writing and directing team already has me excited to be worried again.

Agreeing with the people above

This is a joke
(also the Scream sub reddit seems very supportive of Melissa, thank you internet for getting something right for once)

Last edited:
Looking at the tealeaves, Landon was seemingly blindsided by this in a deleted post on Twitter, saying that he was not the one to make that call. Additionally while sources are shaky (Entertainment Tonight), it seems like Jenna Ortega is working on trying to exit her contract with Spyglass in regards to Scream.

Really hope Ortega, Gooding, Cox, and the entire cast and crew make the moves to walk out as they safely can.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I must have been very out of the loop for this, because literally all I saw on social media was "Melissa Barrera will not be in Scream 7"

BREAKING NEWS: Skeet Ulrich cast as Samantha Carpenter in Scream 7 amid controversy

b544a8241cc80813-600x338.jpg

But for real, I don't think this is a situation that is being handled as tactfully as it could be. Hoping the remaining cast can band together, whether that means walking or bringing Melissa back into the fold.

I do have to say though, it would be quite ironic if Scream 7 took the "Halloween" route and ends up being a direct sequel to 4 with Neve, David and Courtney.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They had a golden goose....and they lost it over one comment.

The stock holder's should be pissed about this as much as fans, it's easy money just gone for a comment