SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do they still anticipate doing the Bands Brews and BBQ in the Spring? Or is that in risk of getting cut as a result of their financial problems?
I think it may get cut due to more emphasis being put on the Seven Seas Food Festival returning. But I haven’t looked into it yet personally.

In a few years, Universal might be able to claim to be the number one spot in Orlando (but not Central Florida, thankfully) for coasters.

Well if they don't do it, it will go worse, so, yeah it will happen. It's part of the yearly scheduled right now.
Do they still anticipate doing the Bands Brews and BBQ in the Spring? Or is that in risk of getting cut as a result of their financial problems?
I think it may get cut due to more emphasis being put on the Seven Seas Food Festival returning. But I haven’t looked into it yet personally.
It wasn't here last year when SSFF started because it replaced BBBBQ and Viva La Musica. It isn't on the current schedule, and I wouldn't expect it to return. Then again Just For Kids is returning this year, and it's been gone for a few years.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In a few years, Universal might be able to claim to be the number one spot in Orlando (but not Central Florida, thankfully) for coasters.

For a pure coaster experience, I can’t see Universal topping SeaWorld. I think Potter will be amazing but it’s a different type of coaster.

Mako is miles ahead of anything else in Orlando.

^Touche. I meant the Orlando metro area, so basically everything in Central Florida minus BGT (Legoland too, I guess).

^^^What I was implying is if SWO has to shut its doors. God I hope not, because Mako kicks major ___. Manta is pretty damn good too. Kraken ehhhh.

On a side note, I actually really love Hulk when in the right place (i.e. the inner rows).

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
^Touche. I meant the Orlando metro area, so basically everything in Central Florida minus BGT (Legoland too, I guess).
BGT’s not in central Florida. Central Florida is basically everything east of Lakeland, which includes everything to the coast depending on who you ask. West of Lakeland is Tampa Bay Area.

BGT’s not in central Florida. Central Florida is basically everything east of Lakeland, which includes everything to the coast depending on who you ask. West of Lakeland is Tampa Bay Area.
Could be. But Tampa region has been referred to As Central Florida on a number of occasions especially in theme park advertising.

Ask anyone in the either region, and they’ll identify as each. The two distinct metro areas is what really separates them.
I know Orlando is Central Florida and Tampa is generally Tampa Bay. But again from a tourism stand point both are in the central part of the peninsula.one on the west and one on the east. I've heard both referred to regionally more so than culturally as Central Florida. So either or is okay imo

Reactions: WAJAS