Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I really have to disagree about that. SeaWorld has made some really good dark rides in the past--just look at Curse of DarKastle or Battle for Eire. Journey to Atlantis (the Orlando version) had excellent dark ride elements before they ripped out the existing storyline and didn't implement the new one (which was going to tie in with Kraken Unleashed).

While I can't comment on Battle for Eire since I haven't been on it. Yes, Curse of DarKastle and Journey to Atlantis were nice darkrides when they opened...but that was in the past. You look at them now, CoDK is closed and JtA was recently botched. Both around the same time period when a disaster of a Submarine ride was made and quickly closed. Their recent track record really hasn't been good, especially with what's happened to honestly their two best ones.​

^Exactly, Antarctica would not be a bad ride if it was located anywhere except Orlando. It is much better than any dark ride we have in the UK.

Antarctica doesn't stand up to Hex at Alton Towers, nor Valhalla at Blackpool. It doesn't even have the homey charm of Over the Hill at Adventure Island.

As others have mentioned, the ride of Antarctica is sadly a waste. They could've had a slam dunk of a family ride, they just didn't take advantage of anything for it.

Antarctica doesn't stand up to Hex at Alton Towers, nor Valhalla at Blackpool. It doesn't even have the homey charm of Over the Hill at Adventure Island.​
I enjoy Antarctica far more than those rides. Valhalla is a joke now in terms of effects and Hex, whilst nicely themed, I've always found to be terribly boring.

Since there is the one entry that mentions alterations only, as well as queue building, I am thinking, could it be that they are getting rid of Wild Arctic and intent to use that building for the queue of the new coaster?

Maybe, but there haven't been any demolition permits filed, and I'd expect to see some of those before new construction permits if they were removing the attraction. It's possible they could just leave the ride as is and close it, but I'd imagine that would create logistical problems down the road if they plan on tearing it out later and this new queue is all in the way.

The valuation of the alterations is only $50,000, so whatever they're modifying isn't too big of a job. It'll definitely be interesting to see where in the park this is going when plans inevitably get filed with the SFWMD (hopefully soon).

Maybe, but there haven't been any demolition permits filed, and I'd expect to see some of those before new construction permits if they were removing the attraction. It's possible they could just leave the ride as is and close it, but I'd imagine that would create logistical problems down the road if they plan on tearing it out later and this new queue is all in the way.

The valuation of the alterations is only $50,000, so whatever they're modifying isn't too big of a job. It'll definitely be interesting to see where in the park this is going when plans inevitably get filed with the SFWMD (hopefully soon).
@RollermanDan has said it will be by the Bayside Stadium, so perhaps the building to be modified is one of the buildings that is behind there. (I think those are educational pavilions?) I would prefer if Wild Arctic remains for now, and that they keep it as long as it works.

The value of the alterations is only $50,000. That's not enough to revamp most buildings unless they are already setup as queue buildings. It sounds to me like they're trying to re-use an existing queue.

Could be just the queue area of WA and closing the attraction off behind it? Or JTA? It's had a lot of downtime and work over the past few years.

They can't just demolish Wild Arctic. They have a pregnant walrus expecting this Spring, you can't move a newborn calf around like that.

The animal exhibit and the ride are in separate buildings. I don't think anyone here was suggesting the exhibit be removed, just the ride.

I also believe this family launch coaster is going in the Mango Joe's area and will go over the lake towards shamu stadium and the flamingos paddle boat. This also continues their plans to balance the location of park rides.
A sesame street dark ride in the Wild Artic simulator section of the building in 2021 seems to be natural.
This would create a very strong family area on that side of the park by 2021 and set them up for a big thrill ride in 2022.

The way @RollermanDan described the possible new coaster in his latest video makes me think it will be something similar to Capitol Bullet Train at Motiongate. It has a vertical spike, and while the height requirement is 52", I'm sure the trains could be modified to be more similarly sized to Manta in San Diego.

The way @RollermanDan described the possible new coaster in his latest video makes me think it will be something similar to Capitol Bullet Train at Motiongate. It has a vertical spike, and while the height requirement is 52", I'm sure the trains could be modified to be more similarly sized to Manta in San Diego.

I'm thinking that it may be similar to BGW's new coaster. This is insane.

I know he once mentioned possibly a premier skyrocket I or III; so I think it will be something similar to a skyrocket III, that is assuming it is still Premier Rides who is doing the ride. In any case, spike, top hat etc. sounds like we'll get a great coaster for next year.

Am I the only one whose most curious about what kind of theme they are going to go for on this ride? I mean Mango Joes is seriously a bizare area of the park considering its just a hodgepodge of different ideas and lacks a coherent theme.

Am I the only one whose most curious about what kind of theme they are going to go for on this ride? I mean Mango Joes is seriously a bizare area of the park considering its just a hodgepodge of different ideas and lacks a coherent theme.

My guess is that they either go with the SeaWorld Rescue theme or go with an animal.

Perhaps they will expand the Arctic idea to fix the genericness of the area

It seems their coasters are normally themed to animals so maybe a really fast fish or something haha

An Eel...lol I mean...the other 2 parks have Eel themed coasters. Also, Kraken was more of an eel-like creature before they changed it to the squid/octopus like creature...so who knows...time to bring it back?