Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

The ride was "officially" given the go a few days ago and I would expect to see marking showing up in the next few months. I'm hearing Premier Skyrocket (1 or 3) for this coaster and I'm thinking it's going to go over by Bayside. If you look at the park, they've been adding attractions in a circle. Now this might not happen over there...but the track record is looking like it. 2020 coaster.
Skyrocket wasn't the concept art, and I doubt they'd add one when BGT is getting one. The concept art was a multi-launch (maybe family) coaster, something much more like Manta at SWSD or Wave Breaker at SWSA.

If it is a Skyrocket it could be plopped down just about anywhere in the park.

I agree with all of this. But I worry we can’t trust SeaWorld to get non-Coaster rides right anymore. At least their thrill rides have been hits lately. More than can be said of the rest, like Antarctica. Which looks pretty on the outside, and, well that’s it.
Totally agree with you @Alicia . It also seems SWP&E is on a coaster kick with all the coasters coming around. And apparently at BGW had a balloon height test in FestHaus Park that was higher then MachTower, and some on BGWFans are saying maybe a 2022 project.

SWO I guess is figuring hey more thrill rides will bring the people in since it makes since. And now with the rumored JPW rumored coaster why not get some unique coasters I could see SWO get a winged coaster since none around here.

Skyrocket wasn't the concept art, and I doubt they'd add one when BGT is getting one. The concept art was a multi-launch (maybe family) coaster, something much more like Manta at SWSD or Wave Breaker at SWSA.

I assume you mean this, although it is a placeholder image, I agree I don't think this'll end up being the same thing coming to BGT this year.

I assume you mean this, although it is a placeholder image, I agree I don't think this'll end up being the same thing coming to BGT this year.

Oh Ok a launch coaster gonna be a lot of launch coasters in the area. Too bad it isn't a launched B&M winged coaster. I 'd be a happy guy. Thanks to Gatekeeper at CP it made me a huge fan of that ride and B&M winged coasters. Just real excited that I live in Orlando and gonna be lots of coasters coming around the area to ride, I don't need to go to BGT to ride Tigris its same as TemPasta LOL. Gonna be a good year for coaster fans in 2020 and onward in the Florida area.

He said SkyRocket 1 or 3, which are totally different rides than the SkyRocket 2 that bgt is getting.

Does SeaWorld Orlando not have any space to expand on the dry section of their park come the future? Would they have to purchase more land for expansion? Not Aquatica. The main park.
breaking-seaworld-considering-hotel-resort.html

They have a lot of land directly across the street. I have been saying for years they should use this for a parking garage, or at least part of it and then expand into the current parking lot.

Something tells me that overflow lot is toast

Their most busy days are the days when Aquatica/Discovery Cove are too cold to visit anyway...So it would make sense for them to just bus people over
I think the first lot to go is the one near the entrance, for either a hotel or a part of a coaster. When that happens, they’ll renovate the overflow lot and start more frequent and improved teams service.

Eventually, the county will need to renovate that intersection the tram crosses to include sensors, so it automatically gives the tram a Green as it gets close. It’s what they do with bus rapid transit in downtown Orlando.

breaking-seaworld-considering-hotel-resort.html

They have a lot of land directly across the street. I have been saying for years they should use this for a parking garage, or at least part of it and then expand into the current parking lot.
Been saying this too. Make a a massive parking structure there for both SW and Aquatica, then both parks can use parking lot of expansion. Might have to move Seaworld's entrance though.

Been saying this too. Make a a massive parking structure there for both SW and Aquatica, then both parks can use parking lot of expansion. Might have to move Seaworld's entrance though.
I was actually thinking they could make a smaller version of Disney Springs or CityWalk on the current parking lot between the new garage and the main entrance. They could even make the hotel a part of that complex to make sure they have steady patronage.

I just don't see them spending that kind of money for a parking structure that would be used just a few times a month/year. Not at this point at least. If attendance grows consistently and they NEED expansion space, it could happen. Right now they have the Bayside Pathway area that could be used for expansion space when it's needed.