SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would this by chance, bring with it also a reworking of the entrance of Seaworld Orlando? I wonder if this could allow them to change it, to further resemble that more closely to San Diego's park entrance style.

Honestly, Wing Coasters are quite chill and will balance out with Kraken & Manta

I hope it's like Fenix at Toverland

Eh, not a fan of wing coasters, if it were launched, perhaps. Otherwise, they are the most boring model from B&M IMO. I don't hate them and they are very re-ridable, somewhat fun, I guess. I suppose they are "GP pleasers" so I'll obviously have to take what they give us if it happens. Personally, I think it would fit better at BGT, but that's me. I'd prefer they do something more like below.

How about a boardwalk type midway with 4 inexpensive flats and a family GCI. Like a wave swinger (jellyfish) farris wheel (sand dollar), octopus, tilt-a-whirl (clam shells) and a GCI.
This I can get with over a wing coaster. A wave swinger, Huss Airboat, Zamperla Mini Discovery and another more kiddie flat would likely be what SW would actually add, since those have been added among the other 2 SW parks. I'd love another GCI in the area, even though there is White Lightning up the street. A boardwalk-themed area should literally be a no-brainer. It would even match the lighthouse at the entrance.

How about a boardwalk type midway with 4 inexpensive flats and a family GCI. Like a wave swinger (jellyfish) farris wheel (sand dollar), octopus, tilt-a-whirl (clam shells) and a GCI.

I would replace the tilt a whirl with a Zamperla discovery and the Ferris wheel with a drop tower if I was in charge, but I actually love this idea. The park needs more flats and family rides, this gives them that and then some.

I would replace the tilt a whirl with a Zamperla discovery and the Ferris wheel with a drop tower if I was in charge, but I actually love this idea. The park needs more flats and family rides, this gives them that and then some.
Well, one of the reasons I went with a ferris wheel is I was thinking of visuals from across the lagoon. Something like this.

Paradise_Pier_Disneyland.jpg

I know PP gets a lot of flack, but that is because it's in a "Disney" park. I don't think, if done right, SW would have the same problem. Something like this could up the ride count and provide a lot of kenetic energy and be beautiful at night. And using classic flats like a tilt-a-whirl, a Ferris wheel, a wave swinger, and octopus and then throw in a family woodie from GG or GCI (think Oscar's Wacky Taxi) wouldn't break the bank. Then the year after build the new B&M Wing Coaster.

Last edited:
Well, one of the reasons I was thinking ferris wheel is I was thinking of visuals from across the lagoon. I was thinking something like this.

I know PP gets a lot of flack, but that is because it's in a "Disney" park. I don't think, if done right, SW would have the same problem. I think something like this could up the ride count and provide a lot of kenetic energy and be beautiful at night. And using classic flats like a tilt-a-whirl, a Ferris wheel, a wave swinger, and octopus and then throw in a family woodie from GG or GCI (think Oscar's Wacky Taxi) wouldn't break the bank. Then the year after build the new flying coaster.

In fairness the original PP was really barebones and ugly.

In fairness the original PP was really barebones and ugly.
That was because Imagineering didn't stick the landing. It looked amazing from across the lagoon, but when you got inside the land...oof!

If SW just went with A "turn of the century" Luna Park or mid century Lakeside Park (Denver) look. It would be great. Luna Park was kind of Victorian with lots of popcorn lights. Lakeside Park is art deco with lots of neon. Either way, the key is lots of swirling lights. I would call the area "Seaside Boardwalk".

Oh, and @Joe and @Mad Dog stay warm and safe this weekend. Looks like the 'burgh is getting some heavy weather today and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
That was because Imagineering didn't stick the landing. It looked amazing from across the lagoon, but when you got inside the land...oof!

If SW just went with A "turn of the century" Luna Park or mid century Lakeside Park (Denver) look. It would be great. Luna Park was kind of Victorian with lots of popcorn lights. Lakeside Park is art deco with lots of neon. Either way, the key is lots of swirling lights. I would call the area "Lakeside Boardwalk".

Oh, and @Joe and @Mad Dog stay warm and safe this weekend. Looks like the 'burgh is getting some heavy weather today and tomorrow.

They also didn’t have the budget which was the bigger issue. Once they had the 2010s refurbishment it really shined compared to the concrete wasteland of the original.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Well, one of the reasons I went with a ferris wheel is I was thinking of visuals from across the lagoon. Something like this.

I know PP gets a lot of flack, but that is because it's in a "Disney" park. I don't think, if done right, SW would have the same problem. Something like this could up the ride count and provide a lot of kenetic energy and be beautiful at night. And using classic flats like a tilt-a-whirl, a Ferris wheel, a wave swinger, and octopus and then throw in a family woodie from GG or GCI (think Oscar's Wacky Taxi) wouldn't break the bank. Then the year after build the new B&M Wing Coaster.

Yes! Perfect fit for a theme as well.

Shamu's Happy Harbor Vol 2.

Maybe, but we already have a ton of Ferris wheels in Orlando. The rides are all very similar.

I want a “Sesame Street: Beach Day” dark ride that has Sesames Street characters interacting with sea creatures.
I like this a lot, get Wanda on board (they already did one in Port Aventura) and you have yourself a winner

Eh, not a fan of wing coasters, if it were launched, perhaps. Otherwise, they are the most boring model from B&M IMO. I don't hate them and they are very re-ridable, somewhat fun, I guess. I suppose they are "GP pleasers" so I'll obviously have to take what they give us if it happens. Personally, I think it would fit better at BGT, but that's me. I'd prefer they do something more like below.
I don't know about boring, but they are certainly the most relaxed model by B&M

They could always use the Shamu Stadium plot for a nice sized coaster

And I oop

Maybe, but we already have a ton of Ferris wheels in Orlando. The rides are all very similar.
Right. But there isn't one in any of the major parks. And most tourists don't go to Fun Spot or Old Town. I have to believe that SeaWorld could to them in a classy vintage way that wouldn't reek of mall parking lot carnival. It would also give them a place to move their carousel to since, right now, it's in no man's land off to the side of Sesame Street and Shamu Stadium.

It would be a nod to traditional amusement parks back before they were seedy and run down.

If SW just went with A "turn of the century" Luna Park or mid century Lakeside Park (Denver) look. It would be great. Luna Park was kind of Victorian with lots of popcorn lights. Lakeside Park is art deco with lots of neon. Either way, the key is lots of swirling lights. I would call the area "Seaside Boardwalk".

Like Kennywood did with their Luna Park type addition (Lost Kennywood) a couple decades ago....Weather's been really good most of this 'almost winter'. A couple inches tomorrow is no sweat, and even if we get some freezing rain, it's not a commuter day so it shouldn't be bad. Alene and I will just light up the fireplace, break out a bottle of wine, and watch the snow fall on the hills outside. Sometimes it's nice to get a little winter snow on a weekend. Now, when I was younger, I'd be getting the cross country skis out, but the knees won't cooperate anymore. :grin:

Reactions: Disneyhead
A launched wing coaster honestly sounds pretty fun, especially if it could be decently themed like Fenix at Toverland, though I cringe at the thought of yet another roller coaster taking up almost all of the remaining unused space in the park. SWO's attraction lineup isn't nearly as lopsided as BGT's but it could still use another indoor ride and some flat rides in order to really have all the bases covered. The penguin name is bizarre since the park's centerpiece attraction is devoted to penguins.
What ever happened to the rumors about a Sesame Street dark ride, Wild Arctic flying theater, and general re-theme of the surrounding area? I was pretty stoked about that; those three additions would be a big boost for the park.

After seeing the parking lot's new parking lot-themed entrance arch and BGT's new suburbia-themed exterior, I'm apprehensive about any changes they might make to the park entrance. Whoever's pushing these changes seems intent on making the parks look as generic and utilitarian as possible, for whatever reason, and I would hate to see the beautiful harbor-themed entrance replaced with a vast concrete plaza emulating the entrance to Cedar Point.

Reactions: SeventyOne