Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

The SeaWorld food festivals used to be great when it was actually a value compared to Epcot with huge portions and lanyard punches that were about $3 each. Now everything is $8-10, the lanyards are a joke, and the food is questionable quality and portion sizes. And beer prices have gotten absolutely absurd - with the 5% surcharge plus tax and tip they have to be some of the most expensive beers on earth outside of something like a Vegas club or NYC bar.
...and that's all before the new added surcharge

Isn’t the Turtle Trek theater still open? It was on my last visit earlier this year.

In terms of the future for SWO, it’s definitely coasters. We have the surf coaster next year, then I think we will see something to replace antarctica in 2024, maybe an indoor family coaster like BGW is getting next year, then something BIG for 2025 to compete with Epic Universe. I’m thinking maybe some giga launch coaster contraption from Intamin similar to what BGW proposed.

I just hope we don't get into parking lot coaster territory too soon. Expand the park if you have to instead.

Hoping we at least get one dark ride (c'mon Sally is basically salivating at the chance to built them a Sesame dark ride). The Arctic exhibit at Wild Arctic deserves to be made the focus of a a major attraction. The walkways are massive and could pretty easily be repurposed. Don't cheap out and give us the Manta treatment for something spectacular (whether that be a coaster or Sesame Street's Beat the Heat Arctic Blast).

Last edited:
I just hope we don't get into parking lot coaster territory too soon. Expand the park if you have to instead.

Hoping we at least get one dark ride (c'mon Sally is basically salivating at the chance to built them a Sesame dark ride). The Arctic exhibit at Wild Arctic deserves to be made the focus of a a major attraction. The walkways are massive and could pretty easily be repurposed. Don't cheap out and give us the Manta treatment for something spectacular (whether that be a coaster or Sesame Street's Beat the Heat Arctic Blast).
I don't think they will, it seems they are trying to enhance dead areas of the park

Personally I think the Key West area is the nest to see an overhaul....i.e. coaster and or flat rides

Isn’t the Turtle Trek theater still open? It was on my last visit earlier this year.

In terms of the future for SWO, it’s definitely coasters. We have the surf coaster next year, then I think we will see something to replace antarctica in 2024, maybe an indoor family coaster like BGW is getting next year, then something BIG for 2025 to compete with Epic Universe. I’m thinking maybe some giga launch coaster contraption from Intamin similar to what BGW proposed.
Last I heard the attraction as such is purely walkthrough and the video is just on a loop so you can just enter and leave as you want.

Last I heard the attraction as such is purely walkthrough and the video is just on a loop so you can just enter and leave as you want.

Looks like something is being done with Turtle Trek right now, with construction walls up and work being done on the entrance arch. As far as I know the theater is still closed. Not sure if the plan is to swap the entrance and exit back to their original configuration from the manatee exhibit, or if there's some significant update planned for the attraction, but I do hope we'll get back the dome theater, which is really the closest thing to a themed or indoor ride this park has left.

Looks like something is being done with Turtle Trek right now, with construction walls up and work being done on the entrance arch. As far as I know the theater is still closed. Not sure if the plan is to swap the entrance and exit back to their original configuration from the manatee exhibit, or if there's some significant update planned for the attraction, but I do hope we'll get back the dome theater, which is really the closest thing to a themed or indoor ride this park has left.

I was literally JUST there last weekend

That whole area needs an overhaul to be more open

I get the theater sentiment, but nobody is really back there

The configuration is being changed back and a covered seating area for the dolphin encounter is being added. They are just redoing the arch

Turtle trek would have been great as a Soarin-type ride, but I think they are probably going to place a new coaster or flat ride here.

At their current ticket prices and attendance SeaWorld should be able to add a major ride almost every year at a fraction of the cost of Disney or universal. I am absolutely begging them for that signature sesame street dark ride though. They are downgrading the shows and need more family rides to compensate. It would make them so much money please. Also a Rudolph flying theater ride to replace wild arctic.

At their current ticket prices and attendance SeaWorld should be able to add a major ride almost every year at a fraction of the cost of Disney or universal.
Seems like that's the plan, this year was the first wave, 2023 will be the next

They seem to be very aggressive on the expansion front

I’m curious how much unused space is left at SWO because a lot of these new coaster in up going into most obscure places ?

There is quite a bit of space around, you just have to get a little creative sometimes. Around room for 4 or 5 more coasters without removing anything or building a parking garage I’d say.

I’m curious how much unused space is left at SWO because a lot of these new coaster in up going into most obscure places ?
There is room, some creative spaces and some just general dead spots that could be re-imagined

It seems they're on a clockwise trek around the park in terms of expansion

They could always add a parking garage.
This would be wonderful when the parking lot gets too full you have to park across the street (this happens pretty regularly in summer btw)...but you know money

I think a parking garage is a possibility, but still a ways off.

Yes, there are dead spots in the park, but that is also intentional. With the animal areas you really don't want to build too close with rides. Now if they start eliminating animal areas, that's a different story...