SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just back from Seaworld & I previously posted my thoughts on Howl-o-scream, which I thought was absolutely incredible. Wasn’t sure where to put this so here goes.

Food - utterly utterly atrocious. Someone in our party got chicken tenders at roughly 11am and they’d clearly been reheated from the day before. She couldn’t eat them they were that rubbery and dried out - how does that happen at 11am when it’s just opened?! We also hate the cafeteria style pick your food then queue at a snails pace whilst your crap food gets cold. Do it the other way around if required please - pay then collect. Then you don’t have to watch your food deteriorate in front of your eyes as 2 people get through a queue of 45.
I know there are other options of restaurants, but food has never impressed at this park, and these style restaurants provide the “cheapest” option available - they are used too often at Seaworld though. Feels like a prison (I’m guessing!)

Price - noticeably more expensive for food & merch than Disney and Universal, but the tickets are great value. Our deal was ludicrous really (3 parks and all day dining for maybe $130 at the time)

Landscaping - love it

Cleanliness - Looked clean to me. American places have the worst, weirdest public restrooms in the developed world that I’ve ever seen. There’s a strange obsession with putting massive gaps in the doors, under the doors, making the top wall too short. It’s all very strange, but this is an American problem and not a Seaworld one, it seems :lol:

Turtle Trek - waste, it was a cute show.

Antarctica - Feel they’re conning the public into buying the Quick Queues by making this still a thing and posting wait times. Should just be a walk through exhibit like sharks.

Mako, Manta, Kraken - Perfect.

Infinity Falls - Looked well themed but didn’t go on

Ice Breaker - Literally just needed some ice rockwork similar to Antarctica. Wouldn’t have cost much to shut down many of the (valid) theming complaints

New Coaster - Going to look really good at the entrance

Line up - Some well themed flats would work a treat. Agree that a dark ride, or a slow moving boat ride, would be ideal. I’ve been on the shooter at Port Aventura, and it’s fantastic. It shows that it’s possible for smaller parks to develop these hits, at a reasonable cost.

Overall - I really like this park & it represents good value as an overall, but the food is a joke. It’s that bad that we were complaining about it and it was free. Wanted to slap it it out of peoples hands who were paying full price to save them the disappointment.

Last edited:
Just back from Seaworld & I previously posted my thoughts on Howl-o-scream, which I thought was absolutely incredible. Wasn’t sure where to put this so here goes.

Food - utterly utterly atrocious. Someone in our party got chicken tenders at roughly 11am and they’d clearly been reheated from the day before. She couldn’t eat them they were that rubbery and dried out - how does that happen at 11am when it’s just opened?! We also hate the cafeteria style pick your food then queue at a snails pace whilst your crap food gets cold. Do it the other way around if required please - pay then collect. Then you don’t have to watch your food deteriorate in front of your eyes as 2 people get through a queue of 45.
I know there are other options of restaurants, but food has never impressed at this park, and these style restaurants provide the “cheapest” option available - they are used too often at Seaworld though. Feels like a prison (I’m guessing!)

Price - noticeably more expensive for food & merch than Disney and Universal, but the tickets are great value. Our deal was ludicrous really (3 parks and all day dining for maybe $130 at the time)

Landscaping - love it

Cleanliness - Looked clean to me. American places have the worst, weirdest public restrooms in the developed world that I’ve ever seen. There’s a strange obsession with putting massive gaps in the doors, under the doors, making the top wall too short. It’s all very strange, but this is an American problem and not a Seaworld one, it seems :lol:

Turtle Trek - waste, it was a cute show.

Antarctica - Feel they’re conning the public into buying the Quick Queues by making this still a thing and posting wait times. Should just be a walk through exhibit like sharks.

Mako, Manta, Kraken - Perfect.

Infinity Falls - Looked well themed but didn’t go on

Ice Breaker - Literally just needed some ice rockwork similar to Antarctica. Wouldn’t have cost much to shut down many of the (valid) theming complaints

New Coaster - Going to look really good at the entrance

Line up - Some well themed flats would work a treat. Agree that a dark ride, or a slow moving boat ride, would be ideal. I’ve been on the shooter at Port Aventura, and it’s fantastic. It shows that it’s possible for smaller parks to develop these hits, at a reasonable cost.

Overall - I really like this park & it represents good value as an overall, but the food is a joke. It’s that bad that we were complaining about it and it was free. Wanted to slap it it out of peoples hands who were paying full price to save them the disappointment.
You’re not wrong about the food. These days SWP seems to be testing the limits of what guests consider to be minimum “AQL” for food, and how much they’re willing to pay for it without getting fed up and leaving the park to find food elsewhere. Which is sad because not too long ago their food was arguably better quality/value than the other Florida theme parks. I’d honestly be willing to pay a little more money for meaningfully higher quality (and less generic) food in the parks. Perhaps a good sign is that at SWSD they actually lowered the prices on some foods recently, probably because guests got fed up and refused to pay $17 for a slice of cheese pizza they could get from Costco for $2.

Agree on the bathrooms too. I forget if SWO has this, but many parks in the chain have men’s rooms with no dividers between the urinals. Kudos to anyone with the confidence to, uh, put themselves out there in the open like that, but the rest of us feel a little weird exposing ourselves in public. :lol:

Reactions: UAN17 and shiekra38
Interesting idea to pass under Kraken, I didn't really think of that

It would be fun to see *something* in the old Antarctica ride plot

IMO Mack is one of the more underrated coaster manufacturers around...so would love to see them pop up more here

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
I just think this would be so good for SWO, since we just had two launched coasters in a row (well, soon at least), and it does not require as much space. Heck have it that at the top of the elevator there is a giant penguin just like Cobra Curse has the Cobra.

Yes! And it is one of BGTs more thematic and interesting coasters

If I had my druthers, SWO would get an extreme spinner

Mack does some really good stuff, but they get poo pood on because their launches don't feel like Intamin

I think the celestial coaster at Epic will surprise a lot of people
I like Intamin for their innovation, but Mack strikes me as way more reliable. It will be very interesting also to see how reliable B&M's launch system is (Pipeline is their first in-house launch, not?) The one thing I often ponder though with all of the Seaworld Parks, is if a lot of downtime of rides is also because they don't maintain their rides as well, and have less technicians at hand. Like I said before, technical at Universal is so impressive!

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I'd rather gargle hot garbage and a new strain of covid before giving him clicks. HATE the clickbait titles followed by THOOSIE speculation and wishlist based on not once ounce of concrete evidence.

While I haven't watched this person's videos, I know the type that you are talking about. Promises major revelations, has five minutes discussing sponsored stuff, five minutes of hem-hawing, and one minute of "my guess is that we will see this....".

I do wish they would consider the Key West area next, as much as I'd like to see something in the old Antarctica dark ride area, and people seem confident about that spot

The Key West area honestly feels like a completely separate park lol

I know they are trying to stray away from animal attractions but I am about tired of all the coasters. Shocking, I know but I cant get there fast enough to ride the current coaster before another one pops up! I would think they would conder rides like a flying theater, mad house or an elaborate shooting ride before another coaster. I would even welcome a giant flat ride before another coaster.

I think some flats would be appreciated and could definitely fit within budget for them. Some lighter fair for the older foodie crowds and local families/younger kids would do some real good I think. The thrill aspect is definitely something they can capitalize on in Central Florida, but after Velocicoaster, + the multiple EU coasters, it's no longer something that you can only get at Seaworld or Busch anymore. I think stuff like Infinity Falls and Sesame Street have been wonderful ideas and implementations, but they don't even need to go that far with theming or landscaping. Just a couple lightly customized flats, spinners, drops would do.

I think some flats would be appreciated and could definitely fit within budget for them. Some lighter fair for the older foodie crowds and local families/younger kids would do some real good I think. The thrill aspect is definitely something they can capitalize on in Central Florida, but after Velocicoaster, + the multiple EU coasters, it's no longer something that you can only get at Seaworld or Busch anymore. I think stuff like Infinity Falls and Sesame Street have been wonderful ideas and implementations, but they don't even need to go that far with theming or landscaping. Just a couple lightly customized flats, spinners, drops would do.
Infinity Falls and Sesame were a great addition IMO

I think they can carve out a space by building the types of coasters that Disney and Universal would not

For instance, Universal will probably never build an "Iron Gwazi"

However, one area they can really improve on is theming

Rides like Manta, Cheetah Hunt, and Cobra's Curse really was where I believe "the brand" needed to live.

The intertwining of a ride with an animal tie-in

Additions like the Surf Coaster are equally worrying and exciting

I know their trying to scratch an itch by "de-emphasize" the animals, but I'd hate to see them scratch the whole arm off