Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld's Flicks & Fireworks

Aug 17, 2009

SeaWorld is announcing a NEW event for one weekend only! Experience the fun, nostalgia and magic of a drive-in-movie experience under the stars with SeaWorld’s park-and-view drive-in movie theatre! Start the night by enjoying locally-sourced food trucks, then sit back in the comfort of your car and watch the park’s spectacular fireworks display. Then…the main event, enjoy the movie of the evening with friends and family. This package is only available July 10-12, and only at SeaWorld Orlando.

"Flicks & Fireworks" parking is $50/vehicle and includes fireworks and movie viewing for all seated passengers. Food truck service begins at 7:45 p.m.; movies begin immediately following the 9:00 p.m. fireworks display each night.

The price is rough, not going to lie. Really priced for families.
A family of 4 or 5 is looking at spending $50 or so at movie theaters, but of course that’s for a new movie that they want to see. These will be old (not all that great) films.

I’m pretty sure a family could find A Dog’s Purpose or Karate Kid for a few bucks on VOD and then your watching from your couch. Thus why drive ins are normally cheaply priced.

The price is rough, not going to lie. Really priced for families.
Yep. Combine that with some food truck prices and it's an expensive night. But it's a cool very limited engagement thing. With people looking for safe things for the family to do, I think it will be popular. I wish the movies were better though.

I wouldn't be surprised if SeaWorld decides to just do fireworks shows every weekend now. They must be enjoying some decent attendance being the only park that has fireworks at the moment.

This is a smart way to try and make a little extra cash. $50 is not unreasonable, and I have heard several people talk about how much fun they had going to a drive-in movie to get out of the house and let the kids do something new.

Maybe they can make enough to get Ice Breaker opened...

This is a smart way to try and make a little extra cash. $50 is not unreasonable, and I have heard several people talk about how much fun they had going to a drive-in movie to get out of the house and let the kids do something new.

Maybe they can make enough to get Ice Breaker opened...
$50 is a lot of money for bad/old movies at a make shift drive in. The average drive-in prices are WELL below this.

I don't understand these film choices. Of ALL the Dreamworks movies to choose from, you go with Shark Tale? If SeaWorld wanted to stay aquatic themed, it would make sense, but that's not the case. $50 is $50 I guess :eek:O:

$50 is a lot of money for bad/old movies at a make shift drive in. The average drive-in prices are WELL below this.
If you have a car load of 5 people it's cheaper than buying 5 regular movie tickets. I can easily see SUVs with 5 kids and two adults going and doing this. Walmart is charging $26 a car load and not offering fireworks.

I also wouldn't be surprised if SeaWorld has sellers with glow toys that were supposed to have been for Electric Ocean selling in the lot.

If you have a car load of 5 people it's cheaper than buying 5 regular movie tickets. I can easily see SUVs with 5 kids and two adults going and doing this. Walmart is charging $26 a car load and not offering fireworks.

I also wouldn't be surprised if SeaWorld has sellers with glow toys that were supposed to have been for Electric Ocean selling in the lot.
I’ll take $26 and no fireworks over $50 for some old movie. If you want, you can see the fireworks for free anyway, so that’s not s big incentive to me.

$26 is still a lot for a drive-in though.

Well, in terms of the fireworks, the park is open til 9 on Friday and Saturday, so park guests also get the fireworks (just like last weekend, in fact, it's the same show those 2 nights). It's just Sunday when the fireworks will just be for those coming to the event (since the park closes at 6 that day).

Well, in terms of the fireworks, the park is open til 9 on Friday and Saturday, so park guests also get the fireworks (just like last weekend, in fact, it's the same show those 2 nights). It's just Sunday when the fireworks will just be for those coming to the event (since the park closes at 6 that day).
You could also pull up in a car near SeaWorld property, pay nothing, and still see the fireworks.

Not that anyone here will really care, but they actually managed to snag some decent flicks this time. This weekend will be "Christmas in July" with Elf and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Next week will be "Universal Weekend" with Trolls and Jurassic Park.

Has anyone actually been to this event? In spite of apparently being popular enough to keep doing it, I haven't seen a single photo report anywhere.