SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The simulator portion of Wild Arctic is TERRIBLE. The actual animal exhibit is wonderful. I'd hate to see the Belugas go anywhere, but they can gut the simulator portion and build a decent attraction there any day. And that includes an indoor coaster.

How much longer is The Polar Express going to continue its run? Last I'd heard (rumor only), they were on a year-by-year contract that was not expected to be renewed much longer. I have no idea if that's true. I've also heard it's still very popular with and well-liked by the guests too.

Last edited:
The Polar Express overlay is very, very popular. I would be surprised to see it go away in the near future, and for that matter, the simulator ride. Its the same vehicle as Star Tours, but the programing is absolutely horrible and the ride is so much rougher. They need to give the system some serious love.

I can definitely see the former stables area being used, as it would help to draw a more constant crowd back in that direction and hold them there.

I posted this in the BGT thread but figured that I should post my thoughts in this thread as well.

While Orlando already has its fair share of loopers, the area is severely lacking of coasters that offer airtime. Right now, White Lightning at FunSpot is the only coaster that offers any significant airtime (and I suppose Mummy's launch). This area NEEDS a megacoaster!

My "vision" for SWO would be to have a B&M megacoaster themed to the killer whale (is "Orca" to easy of a name?). The queue could be where the clydesdales used to be, and the track layout could go along the south side of the park near the road and up to the guest parking entrance to the park. That way, the coaster could "tease" guests as they drive into the park the same way that Apollo's Chariot teases guests that drive into BGW. The killer whale would be the perfect theme for a B&M mega since they are known to be "powerful" yet "graceful". And the location of the ride would give adults and bigger kids something to look forward to riding when they are on the side of the park with Shamu's Happy Harbor. Seaworld needs to make this happen. ASAP!

I am thinking Sea World doesn't want to theme anything with Orca's right now. But I do think eventually a coaster will go in that area.

I posted this in the BGT thread but figured that I should post my thoughts in this thread as well.

While Orlando already has its fair share of loopers, the area is severely lacking of coasters that offer airtime. Right now, White Lightning at FunSpot is the only coaster that offers any significant airtime (and I suppose Mummy's launch). This area NEEDS a megacoaster!

My "vision" for SWO would be to have a B&M megacoaster themed to the killer whale (is "Orca" to easy of a name?). The queue could be where the clydesdales used to be, and the track layout could go along the south side of the park near the road and up to the guest parking entrance to the park. That way, the coaster could "tease" guests as they drive into the park the same way that Apollo's Chariot teases guests that drive into BGW. The killer whale would be the perfect theme for a B&M mega since they are known to be "powerful" yet "graceful". And the location of the ride would give adults and bigger kids something to look forward to riding when they are on the side of the park with Shamu's Happy Harbor. Seaworld needs to make this happen. ASAP!

Agreed that Florida is severely lacking in airtime. A B&M Mega like Goliath (SFOG) would fit the park nicely. I also wouldn't mind a Skyrush-style monster with the winged seats (though if they do this, I hope they improve the restraints), but I'm not sure how it would fit the area, except maybe if it goes into the lagoon.

I don't think our parks want to try and kill people like six flags:-X

No seriously our parks are fine the way they are. I'd argue that a mega coaster, especially at Universal or Disney would draw people away being both of our parks aim at being family oriented. Maybe you can get away with it at BG but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I say keep Wild Arctic until they can get more in that area. More of a replacement of some of the land not used in that area like down where the old stables are. They could get rid of that stupid Italian buffet too.
After the 2015 use of the polar express, I heard Wild Artic was getting the ax.

I personally think a Wing Coaster is a better fit for SWO, while a mega/giga coaster is something that I think would fit BGT better. Unless they did a "Steel Eel"-type ride...an Intamin Mega-Lite or B&M Hollywood Dream (USJ) concept coaster. And yes, if they're going to do an Intamin along the lines of SkyCrush, PLEASE fix the restraints! That ride is brutal on the thighs even with the adjustments made to the restraints!

With that being said, the time has come for a major non-looping, airtime monster to arrive in the Florida market. I'm shocked Busch hasn't gone for it yet...I remember that's what the big rumors were pointing to in the build-up of Cheetah Hunt. I've also thought SeaWorld should do a hyper coaster themed to and named "Orca" for some time now. I envisioned it as a B&M having the "Cedar Fair-style" staggered trains and an Incredible Hulk-style launched lift hill. What a trip that would be! I originally thought it might be the perfect ride to put into San Diego, but then I found out about the insane limitations forced upon them by the California Coastal Commission and realized that a ride of that nature in SWSD would probably never happen. It's amazing the hoops they had to jump through just to get Manta west built!

I personally think a Wing Coaster is a better fit for SWO, while a mega/giga coaster is something that I think would fit BGT better. Unless they did a "Steel Eel"-type ride...an Intamin Mega-Lite or B&M Hollywood Dream (USJ) concept coaster. And yes, if they're going to do an Intamin along the lines of SkyCrush, PLEASE fix the restraints! That ride is brutal on the thighs even with the adjustments made to the restraints!

With that being said, the time has come for a major non-looping, airtime monster to arrive in the Florida market. I'm shocked Busch hasn't gone for it yet...I remember that's what the big rumors were pointing to in the build-up of Cheetah Hunt. I've also thought SeaWorld should do a hyper coaster themed to and named "Orca" for some time now. I envisioned it as a B&M having the "Cedar Fair-style" staggered trains and an Incredible Hulk-style launched lift hill. What a trip that would be! I originally thought it might be the perfect ride to put into San Diego, but then I found out about the insane limitations forced upon them by the California Coastal Commission and realized that a ride of that nature in SWSD would probably never happen. It's amazing the hoops they had to jump through just to get Manta west built!

I hope that SeaWorld gets a launch in 2016! Not a wing, because those aren't really exciting. A hyper would be okay as well. So many possibilities! :D

I hope that SeaWorld gets a launch in 2016! Not a wing, because those aren't really exciting. A hyper would be okay as well. So many possibilities! :D

I've never been on a Wing Coaster, but I always thought a ride like that would fit in perfectly with Florida's collection of coasters, especially with some of the theming the European ones, and even X-Flight, are capable of. I agree that a launch would be more preferred though, maybe a MACK Launch combining Manta West's family thrills and Blue Fire's extreme thrills. MACK should try out the Winged seats model Intamin used on Skyrush (with much better restraints)!

I've never been on a Wing Coaster, but I always thought a ride like that would fit in perfectly with Florida's collection of coasters, especially with some of the theming the European ones, and even X-Flight, are capable of. I agree that a launch would be more preferred though, maybe a MACK Launch combining Manta West's family thrills and Blue Fire's extreme thrills. MACK should try out the Winged seats model Intamin used on Skyrush (with much better restraints)!
Wild Eagle was okay, but you couldn't feel thrill, just wind. I've never been on a Blue Fire, but a MACK launch would be cool.

Blue Fire was such a great launch coaster! If any park in America adds such a coaster I would be all over that park LOL. One of my favorite coasters!

So, SeaWorld IMO should remodel that entire back section of the park, adding a launch into the Lagoon area, then taking out the restaurant and put in a few flats. :)

So, I just heard from a reliable source that a hypercoaster is a go for SeaWorld's next attraction. I'm still trying to confirm location in the park and manufacturer, but they are planning something big.

So, I just heard from a reliable source that a hypercoaster is a go for SeaWorld's next attraction. I'm still trying to confirm location in the park and manufacturer, but they are planning something big.

I wouldn't be too surprised. With the giga coming to BGT and a hyper coming to SWO, Florida will finally get some much needed airtime. If I had to guess, an Intamin like Skyrush with the winged seats (and fixed restraints) that will have an out-and-back layout from the Clydesdales/Hospitality area behind the kids area and by the entrance of the parking lot (almost like Apollo's Chariot at BGW). Add in some insane high-G turns and you got an action-packed hyper! :happy:

I'm getting a fun card next year if this is true! :D