Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard confirmation of the attraction being scaled down to fit in the Globe Theater plot. It will not be in the same size or scope of the original designs for the Lower Lot. Still lots of questions remain on where this attraction will make its next turn.

The size of the space really isn't an issue. They're using every available inch. We should also possibly consider the potential of show stops since this appears to be a hybrid dark-ride omnimover. That would greatly lengthen the duration of the ride. I am just tossing ideas around though.
Interesting. The original versions were clocking in at 4 minutes. Curious how many sets and scenes they've eliminated to fit this in a smaller footprint.

Reactions: alias8703
The size of the space really isn't an issue. They're using every available inch. We should also possibly consider the potential of show stops since this appears to be a hybrid dark-ride omnimover. That would greatly lengthen the duration of the ride. I am just tossing ideas around though.

In essence, it could even be a next generation rendition of Journey to Imagination on how they use ride systems, if used effectively of-course.

It shouldn't come as a shock that the scope won't be as large. But that may be a good thing in the case of Pets, considering a few scenes in particular that could be truncated for a refined experience.

Interesting. The original versions were clocking in at 4 minutes. Curious how much they've eliminated to fit this in a smaller footprint.

I don't get the impression that they may lower the runtime..but I do think they are looking at new way's to effectively handle the attraction, if they intend on going to the same level of quality (not scope) as what was previously proposed on Stage 28.

Some more pics from today - 1/3/2019
9zzOaJu.jpg

7f8Rf2c.jpg

Qns9skI.jpg

bAAuKCO.jpg

Is that big enough to be a show building or is there still lots more to come? If there is more to come then that is a whole lot of interior columns.
There will be a bit more to come. The building will take up the entire footprint of the former Globe Theater up to the queue of TWD.

Reactions: chris.g

Fixed that, considering it was shot two day's prior to what @Aaron expertly took.

Edit: As @k_peek_2000 somewhat pointed out, they are seemingly using Springfield as a basis. And a part of me wonders, could they perhaps look at what Orlando did with Kong and Supercharged, to where they try to make the facades blend in from every "park" angle?

It would make sense, especially if they want to keep the experience of the park as seamless as they did with both the two Orlando projects. And it would allow Universal to go in on making it as good of a representation that they can, alongside a potential conversion of Baker Street to New York.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.