Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of Summer 2019 may be done with construction (hopefully an announcement by then, too) but the ride still needs to get through all sorts of state mandated testings and approvals before opening, not to mention hiring and training. I'm guessing early 2020 opening, maybe even in time for spring break.
Earliest I'm going to say is February 2020. That's around the time Potter soft-opened. I still remember well the Wizarding World all finished in January, ready to get soft-opened.

Earliest I'm going to say is February 2020. That's around the time Potter soft-opened. I still remember well the Wizarding World all finished in January, ready to get soft-opened.

They we're basically done with construction late November 2015 for Potter. The rest was logistics. Since this seems to be a first use of this ride system for Universal i'm sure there will be lots of test and adjust time.

View from Saturday
1Uiw3nC.jpg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It is my new understanding that SLoP will stay within the Globe Theater footprint. Plus, it has been considerably downsized from plans in the Lower Lot form. Expect a smaller, slower, family dark ride....with no screens.
I’m not even mad about it being “slower” and “down-sized”. It’s an entirely practical, screens-free family dark ride and that’s what we needed for a LONG time.

I look forward to this.

It is my new understanding that SLoP will stay within the Globe Theater footprint. Plus, it has been considerably downsized from plans in the Lower Lot form. Expect a smaller, slower, family dark ride....with no screens.
Wonder how they do the transition from apartment roof to ground/sewer without a screen transitional effect. Unless the story is so different we don’t go from apartment to ground through the same way - or they do like the Disney book report rides and transitions between locations don’t matter as much.

Reactions: Ryno27
Wonder how they do the transition from apartment roof to ground/sewer without a screen transitional effect. Unless the story is so different we don’t go from apartment to ground through the same way - or they do like the Disney book report rides and transitions between locations don’t matter as much.
If Murdy were in charge of this, you know how he would transition? Something involving the color black.

If anything, I am very interested about more of the ground scene; and what get's changed when you consider what was kind-of planned for that area when it was in it's trackless state.

As far as the sewer..perhaps they could make it a practical effect of a tunnel-section that has light's moving through it as if the vehicles are travelling a distance?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any slow-moving, family dark ride that does have a height requirement, other than perhaps "no lap babies, must be able to sit up on their own."

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any slow-moving, family dark ride that does have a height requirement, other than perhaps "no lap babies, must be able to sit up on their own."

Kong, Supercharged, and although not a "dark ride' but it is a very slow moving ride Seuss Trolly Train Ride in Orlando all have unnecessary height restrictions.

Kong, Supercharged, and although not a "dark ride' but it is a very slow moving ride Seuss Trolly Train Ride in Orlando all have unnecessary height restrictions.

Haven't been to Universal Orlando in over 20 years, before Islands of Adventure even opened, so I'm not aware of their heights requirements. I find it odd, though, why Kong and Supercharged, as standalone attractions, have height requirements in Orlando when in Hollywood, they're part of The Studio Tour which have no height requirements. Anyone know why that's the case? Does Florida have stricter laws or something?

As for the Seuss train, I'm guessing maybe because it's on an elevated track and there's a serious danger of an infant/toddler falling to their death.

I won't surprised if they shut down the walking dead and use it as the ride's queue/loading area and having the globe theater plot as just the ride.
So I keep hearing about these original plans of this ride can any one PM me?

Reactions: Ron101
I won't surprised if they shut down the walking dead and use it as the ride's queue/loading area and having the globe theater plot as just the ride.
So I keep hearing about these original plans of this ride can any one PM me?
Asking to send confidential stuff under the table is frowned upon on here.

But they’re not using TWDA. That will probably become a flex venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.