Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That
Out of curiosity, are there currently any functioning animatronics that fly? Only one I can think of is the former Dinosaur pterodactyl from DAK. By flying I mean flapping wings and physically moving forward, because you'd think they'd have birds in this ride- don't know if flying ones are a possibility.
one dragon flying contraption that went over Magic Kingdom during the New Fantasyland media preview event might have been one. Probably not tho.

If you dont mind, could you be a bit more detailed in what you are talking about?

Sure.

So, the plot for the USH SLoP ride is heavily rumored to be in the place of Stage 28, the once oldest soundstage on the backlot that stood next to Transformers, which used to be a soundstage that was converted to theme park use for Backdraft and Special Effects Stages. When those closed, they did basically the same thing they did in Orlando with their TF (except in double the time), tear the soundstage down while keeping some of the foundation, and extending a bit forward. Of course, they built a basement (a deeeeep one) and built up. The result being what many refer to as "a ride in a box", where guests literally enter into a bare show building.

Stage 28 was a similar plot of land, a bit longer but not quite as wide. If it were to host SLoP, presumably it would have to be in a show building that is roughly the same size as TF. Well, TF got around its size issues with the VTUs (Vehicule Transport Unit), aka elevators. The trick was utilizing a PTU (projector transport unit) to sync with the VTU and the RV motion ride profile to convincingly fool riders into not noticing a vertical or downward motion. (and yes, this occurs with the ending freefall as well) This enables the attraction to traverse two floors. TF is relatively simple otherwise, as the top floor is a bit like a static movie set with several screens that manages to wrap around in a circle. Outside of this ride area is just a barren show building that allows TMs and evacuated guests a 360-degree access to exit ramps.

There's also nine scenes (aka "setp pieces") in Transformers, which could make you wonder if the IOA project is identical to the USH one, if this is essentially the next step with creative exploring the possibilities of building a gigantic ride on a smaller footprint. Obviously they would use many of the simplest ideas that make TF work, but put enough twists so that it seems "new". Almost like TF in regards to Spiderman as well.

Out of curiosity, are there currently any functioning animatronics that fly? Only one I can think of is the former Dinosaur pterodactyl from DAK. By flying I mean flapping wings and physically moving forward, because you'd think they'd have birds in this ride- don't know if flying ones are a possibility.

I don't believe that the pterodactyl moved at all except for being attached to a track in the ceiling connected rod in its back. On the other hand, I never saw it. Are there any articles out there about it moving?

Sure.

So, the plot for the USH SLoP ride is heavily rumored to be in the place of Stage 28, the once oldest soundstage on the backlot that stood next to Transformers, which used to be a soundstage that was converted to theme park use for Backdraft and Special Effects Stages. When those closed, they did basically the same thing they did in Orlando with their TF (except in double the time), tear the soundstage down while keeping some of the foundation, and extending a bit forward. Of course, they built a basement (a deeeeep one) and built up. The result being what many refer to as "a ride in a box", where guests literally enter into a bare show building.

Stage 28 was a similar plot of land, a bit longer but not quite as wide. If it were to host SLoP, presumably it would have to be in a show building that is roughly the same size as TF. Well, TF got around its size issues with the VTUs (Vehicule Transport Unit), aka elevators. The trick was utilizing a PTU (projector transport unit) to sync with the VTU and the RV motion ride profile to convincingly fool riders into not noticing a vertical or downward motion. (and yes, this occurs with the ending freefall as well) This enables the attraction to traverse two floors. TF is relatively simple otherwise, as the top floor is a bit like a static movie set with several screens that manages to wrap around in a circle. Outside of this ride area is just a barren show building that allows TMs and evacuated guests a 360-degree access to exit ramps.

There's also nine scenes (aka "setp pieces") in Transformers, which could make you wonder if the IOA project is identical to the USH one, if this is essentially the next step with creative exploring the possibilities of building a gigantic ride on a smaller footprint. Obviously they would use many of the simplest ideas that make TF work, but put enough twists so that it seems "new". Almost like TF in regards to Spiderman as well.
Thank you. I understand. Neat tidbits there.

Yes, it was demo'd this past year I believe. It was the spot of the TWD maze for HHN this year, and John Murdy implied that they only had access to that space for "a short time".

Ah, okay. Yea, that matches up with what I've heard then. I don't know USH at all, but yea, SS 28 sounds like the place.

Reactions: Ryan
That

one dragon flying contraption that went over Magic Kingdom during the New Fantasyland media preview event might have been one. Probably not tho.

That was a light aircraft dressed up. It wasn't an AA. And the figures in Dinosaur used to move but were just animated figures.

If this has elevator lifts, the easiest way to integrate it would be to theme it like construction/skyscraper lifts considering the ride is in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.