Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... different strokes and such... but wasn't DM 2 generally well-received?

I know Minions wasn't because everyone knew it was "Marketing: the Movie".

I mean... different strokes and such... but wasn't DM 2 generally well-received?

I know Minions wasn't because everyone knew it was "Marketing: the Movie".

Audiences gave all three DM movies an "A" CinemaScore, so to act like people hated the sequels is kind of not true.

Not to mention Minions won the People's Choice Award for Best Animated Film this year.

Reactions: Clive
Audiences gave all three DM movies an "A" CinemaScore, so to act like people hated the sequels is kind of not true.

Not to mention Minions won the People's Choice Award for Best Animated Film this year.

We saw DM2 and Minions in the movie theater. We bought the DVDs and we will go see 3 in the movies. We are their target market and my family eats up whatever has the minion label on it to be honest with you. My daughter has a minion t-shirt and every time she wears it she gets comments about it. Minions by no means is failing.

We saw DM2 and Minions in the movie theater. We bought the DVDs and we will go see 3 in the movies. We are their target market and my family eats up whatever has the minion label on it to be honest with you. My daughter has a minion t-shirt and every time she wears it she gets comments about it. Minions by no means is failing.

I own DM and DM2, though have yet to see Minions. The movies make me laugh, and I know a surprising amount of people in my age bracket who really love the Minions. So yea, I don't see the next one failing by any stretch

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I own DM and DM2, though have yet to see Minions. The movies make me laugh, and I know a surprising amount of people in my age bracket who really love the Minions. So yea, I don't see the next one failing by any stretch

My daughter loves them and DM2 was the first movie she ever watched in the theater. Because of that we kept up tradition and took her to Minions. I am sure we will see 3 when it comes out. Ironically I don't go to the theater very often, like once every 5 years. I sometimes get migraines at theaters. But to see my oldest watch her first movie in front of the big screen I went. No migraine thankfully :)

We love DM & the Minions. Funny as all heck movies and the Minions are the best characters to pop up in a long time..... Little story. A few years ago we went to a Drive In for the first time in a decade or two, just for the heck of it. The marquee attraction was Toy Story 2 or 3, I forget now which one. But first they had a movie we had never heard of. It was one of the most satisfying, humorous animated films we ever saw. we enjoyed it immensely, laughing with belly laughs, it was soooo funny, especially the minions. Then Toy Story came on and we watched it. After TS was over, we both said. Wow that first movie blew us away. It was way way better than TS.....That movie was Despicable Me.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I love the original DM, but the second was for me; OK. The Minions film..

I hope TSLOP is atleast good. I don't expect it to be great, but I just hope that its a good film.

I'm not gonna act like people don't like the movies. There almost doesn't need to be a story to get people to go as long as Minions are involved (as we saw with Minions itself).

I'm simply saying DM2 was "just ok" and Minions was terrible. This has nothing to do with marketing, just stating opinion. Minions is worse than the Cars movies imo and I can't stand those.

Are people forgetting that Minions did have a story? Like, three act structure and everything? It wasn't rocket science but it functioned fine. I thought the movie was light and funny.

Are people forgetting that Minions did have a story? Like, three act structure and everything? It wasn't rocket science but it functioned fine. I thought the movie was light and funny.
Well yeah, every movie has to have some type of story to exist. Doesn't mean it has to be good though.

Is it just me or is this movie literally the exact same plot as Toy Story but with pets? I mean, it still looks cute and it'll definately be a hit, but I feel like they're not even trying story-wise.

Is it just me or is this movie literally the exact same plot as Toy Story but with pets? I mean, it still looks cute and it'll definately be a hit, but I feel like they're not even trying story-wise.
Oh it definitely looks like Toy Story. There's an aspect from each one in the trailer:

1: The feeling of being overshadowed by a new pet/toy.
2: Pets/toys out to rescue lost pets/toy.
3: Underground cult-type thing from seemingly innocent pets/toys.

Plenty of movies have had similar plots before, so as long as the movie's good I won't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.