Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in my younger years, I couldn't believe that Disney would open a park named Animal Kingdom in 1998 and not have a ride based on The Lion King, with Pride Rock as an icon. Lion King was the biggest Disney movie of all-time then and, as enjoyable as FOTLK and that puppet show were, I think it still got the biggest shaft of all their films.

The stateside Disney parks seem scared to make huge attractions based on new properties for some weird reason. Lasseter was the one who really pushed for Cars Land, although the insane merch definitely helped.

Even in my younger years, I couldn't believe that Disney would open a park named Animal Kingdom in 1998 and not have a ride based on The Lion King, with Pride Rock as an icon. Lion King was the biggest Disney movie of all-time then and, as enjoyable as FOTLK and that puppet show were, I think it still got the biggest shaft of all their films.
Yeah, nowhere in any of Disney's parks is Lion King represented as well as it should be. I still holdout hope that an attaction will be built next to the theatre in Africa one day... Martin said it was originally supposed to happen with the DAK Expansion, but got cut.

Reactions: Mike S
Lion king and Aladdin were always the two films MADE for rides yet could never get one. Hell Aladdin has two scenes that would make the best ride ever, what do they do? Dumbo clone. It's so embarassing how Snow White a film from the 30s, gets this huge new ride and these classics with so much potential are left in the dust. Why Disney why?

Lion king and Aladdin were always the two films MADE for rides yet could never get one. Hell Aladdin has two scenes that would make the best ride ever, what do they do? Dumbo clone. It's so embarassing how Snow White a film from the 30s, gets this huge new ride and these classics with so much potential are left in the dust. Why Disney why?
I get what you mean, but you're kind of putting down Snow White a bit too much. It isn't just "a film from the 30s". It's the film that started it all. And it too, is a classic.

Yeah, nowhere in any of Disney's parks is Lion King represented as well as it should be. I still holdout hope that an attaction will be built next to the theatre in Africa one day... Martin said it was originally supposed to happen with the DAK Expansion, but got cut.

I LOVE the lion king show. I personally think it is one of the best shows in the parks.

I get what you mean, but you're kind of putting down Snow White a bit too much. It isn't just "a film from the 30s". It's the film that started it all. And it too, is a classic.
Oh no I'm not saying Snow White is bad or igsignifcant, it's just the absolute last thing I think of when it comes to a film that needs a ride. The dwarfs never ride minecarts, heck that scene takes place in one room. Now I loved scary adventures and still claim it to be the best ride in fantasyland when it was open, I just think out of all the things to get a rollercoaster of that caliber, it's out there.
Stitch ain't half bad himself. One of the most convincing AAs of an animated character anywhere.
I think some parts of stitch are solid, the AAs are fantastic, stitch might be the best one I've ever seen. It also has a good score, everything else is god awful

Now I loved scary adventures and still claim it to be the best ride in fantasyland when it was open
This is where we definitely have a differing opinion :lol:

I thought Snow White looked cheap and cheesy and was one of the worst rides imo. You could say that Pan looks cheap and cheesy too, but I think it's much more effective there (while it still needs a lot of help).

Reactions: IzzyB
This is where we definitely have a differing opinion :lol:

I thought Snow White looked cheap and cheesy and was one of the worst rides imo. You could say that Pan looks cheap and cheesy too, but I think it's much more effective there (while it still needs a lot of help).
I think it might just be my love for scary attractions talking. If you are looking at all the criteria of what fantasyland dark rides strive to be, Snow White had it. Told summed up the complete story well, filled with the best moments from the film, had great sound, really cool scenes and a happy ending to boot. Not to mention it was as the name says, actually scary. Everybody who's been on that ride as a child can tell you a thing or two about that witch. I think pan pales in comparison on almost every level, pooh would be a greater argument IMO

Reactions: UNIrd
Yeah, Snow White's Scary Adventures is a classic Disney dark ride. Nothing bad you can say about it, no matter how you feel about the cardboard cutouts and the like. I'm glad it's still in Disneyland, along with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride plus Alice and Pinocchio, so I can experience them there.

Hopefully Secret Life of Pets has elements of this, as Cat in the Hat is literally the only example of this type of ride in the UO resort. But all signs point to this being larger scale, like everything else Universal does.

Reactions: Cole and Mike S
I always thought the quality of the WDW Snow White ride was pretty poor. And I'm one who generally really likes dark rides. Snow White wasn't any better than the dark rides that they used to have at our local park Kennywood. And they tore them down many years ago since they were so dated. Nostalgia is a strong emotion, but it only goes so far. 7 Dwarfs Coaster, to me, is far superior to Snow White. It's big drawback is it's way too short, but what's there is pretty fine. I would have liked at least one or two more dark scenes, which was in the original plans before it was cost engineered, though.

I always thought the quality of the WDW Snow White ride was pretty poor. And I'm one who generally really likes dark rides. Snow White wasn't any better than the dark rides that they used to have at our local park Kennywood. And they tore them down many years ago since they were so dated. Nostalgia is a strong emotion, but it only goes so far. 7 Dwarfs Coaster, to me, is far superior to Snow White. It's big drawback is it's way too short, but what's there is pretty fine. I would have liked at least one or two more dark scenes, which was in the original plans before it was cost engineered, though.

Snow White was a really good dark ride. There was nothing junky about it. Old? Sure, but at some point some of the "old" stuff needs to be kept around, IMO.

Plus it was better than a meet and greet that could have been placed countless other places.

Reactions: Mike S

If Pooh and Little Mermaid are examples of NEW dark rides, then, they haven't evolved much. No point in tearing them down when they can easily be plussed.

Reactions: Cole
I think cat in the hat is actually the pinnacle of dark ride storytelling. You can argue the quality but you can't deny it's a perfect example of how to tell a story through a ride. It tells the complete story through the visuals alone, it's all there. The narration really elevates it too, it's the definition of a storybook brought to life page by page. I think it does it's job better than most disney dark rides, such a shame universal hasn't made more because they really have a knack for it

Status
Not open for further replies.