Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm not a fan of is that US and IOA seem to be blending together too much, almost losing their own identity. We're getting a fantasy world complete with a castle... in Universal Studios. And a family dark ride based off one of Universal's own animated IPs taking place in modern day New York... in Islands of Adventure. Does that seem a bit weird to anyone else?

Nope. Marvel takes place in New York. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Frogki
One thing I'm not a fan of is that US and IOA seem to be blending together too much, almost losing their own identity. We're getting a fantasy world complete with a castle... in Universal Studios. And a family dark ride based off one of Universal's own animated IPs taking place in modern day New York... in Islands of Adventure. Does that seem a bit weird to anyone else?

I kinda see what you mean. It makes me wish Universal would wait a bit before going forth with their plans, but it's not much they can do about it now. On the other hand, it seems to be that Universal (and the theme park world in general) is moving to building dedicated lands for single IPs instead of lands that can fit multiple IPs. DHS is even changing its name because of this.

I don't really think there's a simple solution to it. I have a feeling they know what they're doing though.

IOA and Studios lost their identity when Potter went into both. I think Universal will put whatever wherever they want and the general park goer won't care. As long as they feel like they are in the IP when in that particular land they won't care that they just left another land with a different theme type.

SWL will come out a year after VIII and a year before the last movie of the trilogy. At most the same year as the last movie. It will be a very relevant land for whoever said it would be a year after the last movie.

I don't think Uni is opening this in 2017 to compete against Avatar. I think this is to compete against TSL. It is targeting the same age of kids as TSL will. I think TSL will be late 2017 and I think this will be late 2017 too.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I highly doubt Pets flops. Finding Dory should do big numbers but it'll already be in it's fourth weekend when Pets releases. There's also Ice Age coming out two weeks later but that series keeps on having diminishing returns domestically.

Picky picky...Correction for Teebs..The concept "sounds" good to me....:lol:

Sorry! You can tell I am frantic that I didn't know about the possibility of 2017. I am actually in a dark room right now with one overhead light bulb shaking down a few certain persons.

Now where did I put my cigar cutter.... :look:

Wow, this certainly came out of nowhere! I've been a bit out of the loop over the last few days, so I'm curious as to the source of the rumor. Not trying to impugn anyone's credibility in any way, I just like to track these rumors back to their original source, when possible.

If true, this sounds pretty great. The SLOP trailers/teasers haven't done really anything for me, but IP aside, if we're getting a big dark ride, filled with AAs, and trackless (!) to boot, then I'll be incredibly thrilled. I do think this is the sort of ride that USF could use more than IOA, but I'll take 'em where I can get 'em!

Sorry! You can tell I am frantic that I didn't know about the possibility of 2017. I am actually in a dark room right now with one overhead light bulb shaking down a few certain persons.

Now where did I put my cigar cutter.... :look:
Do the "Boys From Brazil" tooth torture. That might work.

Wow, this certainly came out of nowhere! I've been a bit out of the loop over the last few days, so I'm curious as to the source of the rumor. Not trying to impugn anyone's credibility in any way, I just like to track these rumors back to their original source, when possible.

If true, this sounds pretty great. The SLOP trailers/teasers haven't done really anything for me, but IP aside, if we're getting a big dark ride, filled with AAs, and trackless (!) to boot, then I'll be incredibly thrilled. I do think this is the sort of ride that USF could use more than IOA, but I'll take 'em where I can get 'em!
Original source is OI which insiders here have backed up.

Reactions: belloq87
Nope. Marvel takes place in New York. Makes sense to me.
At least Marvel is sci-fi. I don't know, I just always thought the more grounded-in-reality/"realistic" (well, as realistic as you can get with talking pets) stuff should go into Universal Studios rather than IOA. Diagon actually is an exception, considering how they ingeniously hid it behind a London facade/area.

I don't know, I really am hyped that Uni seems to be getting something else on their plate in 2017 and that we finally have an elaborate, screen-free dark ride from them, it's just the location that bothers me. I really hope the full Toon Lagoon replacement comes to fruition later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.