What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe because they were working on a Sing attraction instead...

C2PQ3w2UUAAi4lP.jpg

I honestly think, that what that's for (what is above my post) isn't for an attraction. It didn't earn a billion dollars (similar to SLoP, but still having a high box office), with it making 566M overall compared to SLoP's 875M.

Sing getting a Superstar float I see more likely to replace Spongebob in the near future; but that's how I see it. SLoP I think is a more..financial sound idea for an attraction. Plus, I believe it has more potential for an actual attraction as opposed to a show..

I honestly think, that what that's for (what is above my post) isn't for an attraction. It didn't earn a billion dollars (similar to SLoP, but still having a high box office), with it making 566M overall compared to SLoP's 875M.

Sing getting a Superstar float I see more likely to replace Spongebob in the near future; but that's how I see it. SLoP I think is a more..financial sound idea for an attraction. Plus, I believe it has more potential for an actual attraction as opposed to a show..

A Sing parade might be the most logical idea or that movie I've heard.

I would highly suggest you go to the patent site as there was something published on 7 March by Universal....for a theatre ride system.

iLg917C.png

Last edited:
I suggest you go to the patent site as there was something published on 7 March by Universal....for a theatre ride system.

iLg917C.png

So pretty much a patent for a Carousel of Progress style theater.

I would assume Universal does the same thing that WDI does, in terms of having ride systems potentially on the table for the future, but I highly doubt that it means that Sing is a confirmed IP for the park's (as of now).

The more logical move is adding them to the parade, to replace Spongebob once Kidzone closes; as Nickelodeon is probably going to be faded out of the domestic parks in the near future. It's been happening for Hollywood for years, and I'd say that you should expect the exact same thing for Orlando in the next year; especially if they intend to get SNW ready by 2020.

A Sing parade might be the most logical idea or that movie I've heard.

Honestly, it makes sense to test the IP on a small scale, while also getting rid of something that won't make sense with the route that USF is going at right now. It's also the chance for Universal to bring more IP's from their own company into the picture, to remove the third party IP of Nickelodeon out of the equation.

I can easily see them going the way of removing Dora/Diego with a DWA IP like Shrek, and then having Sing to take over the Spongebob floats; allowing all of the floats to stay within the company.

That being said, SLoP.
__

I think, with all intensive purposes that it could just be a victim of mere timing. With the DWA accquisition in the Summer, NBCUniversal/Universal Hollywood could of easily decided, that the better action to take; was to add something that has been very well tested throughout the years, critically and money wise.

What it could be, is something in that library but I do think SLoP at this point; is probably canned for Hollywood.

Does that mean it can't come eventually, but in a different form? Perhaps, but it'd have to be in a different location.

If Universal actually makes an animatronic stage show in the late 2010s I will crap my pants.

At least at USH there is the Globe Theater which has been eyed for awhile. At one point a Pitch Perfect stage show was being prepped, but was canned.

If Universal actually makes an animatronic stage show in the late 2010s I will crap my pants.

At least at USH there is the Globe Theater which has been eyed for awhile. At one point a Pitch Perfect stage show was being prepped, but was canned.

I don't think they'll be touching the Globe any time soon. It's the only flex-event space the park has. When the first Universal operated hotel pops up, then I can see them redeveloping the globe theater/london street.

I don't think they'll be touching the Globe any time soon. It's the only flex-event space the park has. When the first Universal operated hotel pops up, then I can see them redeveloping the globe theater/london street.

Castle Theater can be used as a flex space. But the Globe has been eyed for awhile.

Something about an animatronic theater show just seems dated to me.

While it may be a dated form of tech, it's something Universal desperately needs to round out their attraction line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.