What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I am very happy to see SLoP possibly back from the dead for Hollywood; as I hope it turns out great for them!

Cloning rides not so much issue - but using tech to clone with a bigger IP is. (i.e. Star Tour with Iron Man)
I might be in the minority here- but I actually prefer it. I like that GotG is on the west coast and ToT is on the east. Indy vs dinosaur. Mater vs Alien Spin. If we got tron and they got iron man.

Likewise, I like that if we get a GotG coaster, the west coast has a drop tower.

Different theme/Identical ride system
Identical theme/Different ride system
Those two are always my preference vs a direct clone- even if the ride system or theme isn't as good on one coast as the other (our ToT is better but their Indy is better, etc)

For example- with Uni- If we had to use the same ride systems and IPs- I would have rather had F&F and transformers trade ride systems instead of being (almost) exact clones from the west coast.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it happening there means it's likely to come here over time... we've got a whole 4th park to build still.

It would really be more helpful if it ended up in USF or IOA instead of the future third (that's right, I said it) theme park. USF - even after Nintendo - will still need a little work, and SLOP would be perfect to address its remaining issues.

It would really be more helpful if it ended up in USF or IOA instead of the future third (that's right, I said it) theme park. USF - even after Nintendo - will still need a little work, and SLOP would be perfect to address its remaining issues.

I don't think there's anywhere to put it in USF post Nintendo. Not a lot of big spaces for it.

Awesome- that will certainly increase the chances it end up in Orlando. As much as we give Disney a hard time for cloning rides, Universal seems to be a much bigger offender.

Clones aren't so bad when they open relatively around the same time (Transformers, Toy Story Mania, Star Wars Land). The only real offender is when an attraction gets cloned years after its debut (Forbidden Journey, Soarin') that makes it seem like the park's creative juices are lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.