What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.. gross... Getting the Fallon ride would be unfortunate. Let Orlando keep it... give us Twister! :tongue:

But with the loss of Panda & the NEVER OPEN (except for like 6 days out of the year) Studio Cafe, they'd need to also include another dining option. The Lower Lot can not survive on Jurassic Cafe alone. Oh and thats another thing, OFFER MORE FOOD VARIETY! Its sad when the ONLY restuarant in the park that offers up something different is 3 Broomsticks. (Gru's Lab kinda offers more, but its never open)

The reason I would like Fallon at the park, is more due to of the experience inside and that it gets people out of the heat for the summer.

Jimmy Fallon's Race Through NY roller coaster... exclusively at USH! (....if only)

If only it was possible, I got no problem with Fallon but we don't need no more simulator rides. The park has plenty. That's why I think instead of Fallon they should create another type of ride or bring Fallon but make it into another type of ride experience that isn't a simulator .

If only it was possible, I got no problem with Fallon but we don't need no more simulator rides. The park has plenty. That's why I think instead of Fallon they should create another type of ride or bring Fallon but make it into another type of ride experience that isn't a simulator .

I concur. There are far more SIM rides in Universal Los Angeles and Florida than I count for practical ones. Not only they have been overused, but most of them are boring and not innovative and Universal will lose out their best guests to Disney. If anything, I rather they shove SLOP in Hollywood aside and use them for SNW attractions where there will be little to no screens and actually incorporate practical effects (which requires a lot of room). Replacing one SIM to another is fine by me, as long they're fun and experiencing, but replacing one popular practical ride to a SIM one is a no-go, which Universal Orlando has done with Twister with Jimmy Fallon and the Disaster ride and Beetlejuice show for the screen-based Fast and Furious SuperCharged attraction.

I concur. There are far more SIM rides in Universal Los Angeles and Florida than I count for practical ones. Not only they have been overused, but most of them are boring and not innovative and Universal will lose out their best guests to Disney. If anything, I rather they shove SLOP in Hollywood aside and use them for SNW attractions where there will be little to no screens and actually incorporate practical effects (which requires a lot of room). Replacing one SIM to another is fine by me, as long they're fun and experiencing, but replacing one popular practical ride to a SIM one is a no-go, which Universal Orlando has done with Twister with Jimmy Fallon and the Disaster ride and Beetlejuice show for the screen-based Fast and Furious SuperCharged attraction.

Outside of TF, Minion, Simpsons, DWT/Shrek 4-D, and two minor parts of the studio tour; Hollywood doesn't have as many screen based attractions as one would think. And that, Simpsons doesn't even use 3-D.

Edit: Forgot to include FJ, but to be frank; that is a great mix of practicality and digital effects used.

Orlando is the one more at fault if you ask me.

SLoP, when it was rumored originally in late 2015 was to be fully practical; almost to the level of Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDL. If it's even close to that level; it will be beneficial for the park extremely and that SNW should have a great level of practicality.

Also, SNW won't fit at 22-25/28/29-31. And that they wouldn't be using the same permit number originally used for SLoP in the past if it wasn't for anything.

Outside of TF, Minion, Simpsons, DWT/Shrek 4-D, and two minor parts of the studio tour; Hollywood doesn't have as many screen based attractions as one would think.
TF, DM, Simpsons, Shrek - 4
JPRA, Mummy, Hippo, Silly Swirly, TWD :sick: - 5
FJ & Studio Tour (half & half) - 2

So if you look at it, there is one less screen-based ride/attraction in the park than non-screen-based. However, it is due to the park being so damn small that the thought of another screenbased ride/attraction comes across as lazy & "too much". What does make it worse is that, while different, they're all simulators in some way (including FJ).

With PETS... like I said, even if it uses practical sets/effects, it doesn't need to be "huge". It just needs to be designed to utilize the space wisely, even if it means being multi-level. Also not every new ride needs to be 5-10+ mins long.

TF, DM, Simpsons, Shrek - 4
JPRA, Mummy, Hippo, Silly Swirly, TWD :sick: - 5
FJ & Studio Tour (half & half) - 2

So if you look at it, there is one less screen-based ride/attraction in the park than non-screen-based. However, it is due to the park being so damn small that the thought of another screenbased ride/attraction comes across as lazy & "too much". What does make it worse is that, while different, they're all simulators in some way (including FJ).

With PETS... like I said, even if it uses practical sets/effects, it doesn't need to be "huge". It just needs to be designed to utilize the space wisely, even if it means being multi-level. Also not every new ride needs to be 5-10+ mins long.
Could be worse...could be Universal Studios Florida:
Despicable Me, Shrek, Transformers, Fallon, Terminator, Simpsons, Gringotts, and soon Fast and Furious...(you could even possibly add Hogwarts Express in there too!) so 8-9 depending on how you look at it...

Versus practical/non-screen...

Rockit, Mummy, ET, Alien Swirling Saucers, MIB, Woodys Coaster, Fievels slide...so 7...
(You could add the Horror Makeup Show, Fear Factor, and Animal Actors too, but those are all people focused shows)

In my opinion too many screens.

It all depends on how the screens are used.

Epcot's Future World East was nothing but screens during what's considered its golden age.

Energy - screens with diorama.
Body Wars - simulator
Cranium Command - screens and animatronic
Making of Me - screen
Horizons - two massive omnimax domes and the entirely projected finale
World of Motion - Speed tunnels

So projections were the primary component of the centerpiece of each of those attractions.

No one noticed, no one cared, because they were all very inventive in how they were used.

Despicable Me, Shrek, Transformers, Fallon, Terminator, Simpsons, Gringotts, and soon Fast and Furious...(you could even possibly add Hogwarts Express in there too!) so 8-9 depending on how you look at it...

Rockit, Mummy, ET, Alien Swirling Saucers, MIB, Woodys Coaster, Fievels slide...so 7...
(You could add the Horror Makeup Show, Fear Factor, and Animal Actors too, but those are all people focused shows)

Rockit, Woody Coaster, and Fievel's slide are nothing but Six Flags clones, two of which are geared for babies and kids rather than the whole families so they're about the same or less of a standard than the SIM rides. As most simulator rides are based on thematics catered to everyone, it's usually better to compare SIM rides to themes with practical rides like the Mummy, MiB, and ET.

No doubt. And that's with you including fievel's slide (which will close with woody here in a few Months most likey taking us down to 5 for a few years).
Rockit- while providing great kinetics and energy and sightlines IMO- is a pretty bad coaster. Fievel is a 1 second slide, woody is a kiddie coaster, kang and kodos a spinner.
Then you have MiB and Mummy- two of the best rides in all of Orlando. Certainly the best shooter in MiB, and Mummy is incredible. But those two rides need so much work to refurb them back up to their glory days. In particular Mummy. The current state of upkeep on them is embarrassing. Not Dudley embarrassing, but still...
Which leaves us with ET- still great.

They not only need to Seriously refurb the physical they currently have- but truthfully- could use a replacement of a screen for physical more than just adding a physical- due to perception. Nintendo won't replace screens, just physical, so this perception won't change.
Shrek would be the best choice for setting the right mood in the park (not all screen right off the bat)- although Terminator would allow for a much larger physical ride.

My desire is a SLoP 2 story building at Shrek- queue and store on bottom, ride on top- and a monsters cafe retheme further expanding what is already a much improved New York since the Fallon, restrooms, building paint and topper changes.

Last edited:
It all depends on how the screens are used.

Epcot's Future World East was nothing but screens during what's considered its golden age.

Energy - screens with diorama.
Body Wars - simulator
Cranium Command - screens and animatronic
Making of Me - screen
Horizons - two massive omnimax domes and the entirely projected finale
World of Motion - Speed tunnels

So projections were the primary component of the centerpiece of each of those attractions.

No one noticed, no one cared, because they were all very inventive in how they were used.
I wouldn't say screens were the PRIMARY component of either Horizons or WoM, since they made up less than 3 minutes of a 12-minute attraction crammed with AAs

I wouldn't say screens were the PRIMARY component of either Horizons or WoM, since they made up less than 3 minutes of a 12-minute attraction crammed with AAs

Nearly every scene in Horizons had screens. Either the background was a projection - some scenes were entirely projections - or it was used as the framing device to communicate between the family members. The Omnimax theaters and the finale are what the ride was known for though.

And World of Motion extensively used screens as scene backgrounds and filler.

Epcot is where they really learned you could have entire scenes in rides that were screens.

No one would call Living with the Land a screen ride, but the entire barn scene is nothing but screens.

Its amazing how we look at a lot of the old original rides/attractions at EPCOT & realize they were screenbased, but are completely okay with it because (as mentioned above) of how differently each attraction was executed. And flash forward to now, we see anything remotely resembling a screen & we want to riot. Of course, this also has to do with the fact that everything nowadays is basically a simulator in some form or another.

I'm NOT a fan of the PETS movie. It was cute, but the teaser trailer with all of the goofy antics was better than the actual movie. (I liked it better when it was live-action & called "Homeward Bound 2" :tongue:) With that aside, I'm very curious to see how they can make a fun dark ride based on this movie without rehashing the plot or just coming across as incredibly dumbed down kid fodder.

"SING" would honestly probably be a better film to work with for a ride, but then again, I just see it as a sequel-spinoff of Zootopia lol. I still would love for Universal to create a dark ride based on ParaNorman. It was such an underrated movie. Plus, it'd be an excuse to have a family-friendly, but kinda scary haunted mansion-esque dark ride filled with zombies, ghosts, & witches. :love:

Nearly every scene in Horizons had screens. Either the background was a projection - some scenes were entirely projections - or it was used as the framing device to communicate between the family members. The Omnimax theaters and the finale are what the ride was known for though.

And World of Motion extensively used screens as scene backgrounds and filler.

Epcot is where they really learned you could have entire scenes in rides that were screens.

No one would call Living with the Land a screen ride, but the entire barn scene is nothing but screens.

Disagree. Using projections for background isn't a screen-based ride (And Horizon was more animatronics and actual backgrounds). Same with WoM (the speed tunnel at the end wasn't that long). And they used screens long before Epcot - "if you had wings" was all screen, and that opened with the park.

To quote this from the Future of Shrek 4-D thread, as more has popped up since the last post here

a list of what seems to be known for the project.

• Trackless Dark Ride
  • Multiple Animatronics all throughout the attraction
  • Creature Technology playing a role in the ride development for AA's
  • Attraction having a large role for the film character of Norman
  • Max, Tiberius, and Snowball all mentioned previously before in the forums to be apart of the attraction.
  • Some form of revolutionary sequence of AA's being on a Motion Base of some kind

Status
Not open for further replies.