Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that. I do believe that 22-25 will feature two attractions. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of JP expanding into that area. Also, there is a lack of entertainment on the lower lot, so I would also not rule out the possibility of a show or higher capacity style attraction New York or JP themed.

I've heard from a close source that SLoP will bring 2 big attractions For the 2019 year and constuction for it will happen in the end of the year or early of next year.

I've heard from a close source that SLoP will bring 2 big attractions For the 2019 year and constuction for it will happen in the end of the year or early of next year.

I wonder that's gonna affect the construction of SNW. Seeing the distance between Transformers and the backlot mazes, it doesn't seem like they're gonna have more room to spare.

I wonder that's gonna affect the construction of SNW. Seeing the distance between Transformers and the backlot mazes, it doesn't seem like they're gonna have more room to spare.

It shouldn't have any effect on SNW. In fact, SLOP will probably be done before any steel in Nintendo goes vertical, foundation work will take a while.

Last edited:
With Mindy Project now a Series Wrap on filming do you think there's any chance Soundstage 27 gets demolishes seeing how old it is and its location. Could provide even more room for expansion with a road rerouting that they're going to have to do anyway.

EDIT: Whoops i believe its Stage 21 now

Last edited:
With Mindy Project now a Series Wrap on filming do you think there's any chance Soundstage 27 gets demolishes seeing how old it is and its location. Could provide even more room for expansion with a road rerouting that they're going to have to do anyway.

EDIT: Whoops i believe its Stage 21 now
While it could at some point be torn down, the current plan has it staying.

With SLOP allegedly going vertical within the next few months. Does anyone think they'll also remove Panda/Character Shop/Studio Cafe in the near future?

I certainly would hope so... It would be crazy of them not to. The buildings aren't anything special and demolishing them would really open the lower lot and allow it to breathe. Especially if SLOP is going to be 2 levels with Dining on the first. I think they should add a "mini fountain and park" area kinda like at the Grove. I feel like that's a comparable size. Here's some pics. It would make the place really nice. Especially is SLOP will have NYC Facades it could be their new mini central park.

Grove-and-Fashion-Island.jpg
44.png

I certainly would hope so... It would be crazy of them not to. The buildings aren't anything special and demolishing them would really open the lower lot and allow it to breathe. Especially if SLOP is going to be 2 levels with Dining on the first. I think they should add a "mini fountain and park" area kinda like at the Grove. I feel like that's a comparable size. Here's some pics. It would make the place really nice. Especially is SLOP will have NYC Facades it could be their new mini central park.

44.png

If I had to guess, I would assume SLoP would be more attached to a large New York themed area; and that it would bring better theming for Transformers and the surrounding area (ontop of that second attraction and additional things).

44.png
The SLoP dining area is small though, only about 3,000 sq. ft. or so.

With most mid-large scale 2019 attractions starting construction soon. Do we predict SLOP will go vertical in late 2017 or early 2018?

Based on the recent pics that show that the lots have been paved over and they are staging trucks on them, I can't see them going vertical within two months. Possibly starting work by the end of the year, but not rip out the blacktop, dig footers, pour concrete, and then start standing steel. Just not enough time to get to that point even if the underground utilities are already done.

Based on the recent pics that show that the lots have been paved over and they are staging trucks on them, I can't see them going vertical within two months. Possibly starting work by the end of the year, but not rip out the blacktop, dig footers, pour concrete, and then start standing steel. Just not enough time to get to that point even if the underground utilities are already done.

Ooops, I used the wrong term. I didn't mean literally go vertical but the start of construction in general. Ripping up the pavement and starting electrical structural ground work.

It’s a smaller space than 28, but as K Peek mentioned, there is a basement space. I can see them pull a Transformers and just use the SCREENZ as transitions between floors.

It’s a smaller space than 28, but as K Peek mentioned, there is a basement space. I can see them pull a Transformers and just use the SCREENZ as transitions between floors.
That works with the Hollywood SLOP plans that were out there. There was a basement for queue overflow, and two stories above that.(First story queue, small restaurant, pre show, Second story, pre show & ride)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.