Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This coming to the Upper Lot next to Despicable Me actually sounds like a great idea to me. That means the Lower Lot has more freedom for attractions and they hopefully won't do Fallon anymore. Does anyone have an idea what the Lower Lot space meant for Pets would go to? More Jurassic? More Nintendo? Something to go with Transformers?

This coming to the Upper Lot next to Despicable Me actually sounds like a great idea to me. That means the Lower Lot has more freedom for attractions and they hopefully won't do Fallon anymore. Does anyone have an idea what the Lower Lot space meant for Pets would go to? More Jurassic? More Nintendo? Something to go with Transformers?

From what we know, the Mummy should be on the chopping block by next year and Nintendo would be at the Lower Lot since it's definitely meant for more mature or exciting attractions or areas like Nintendo's Mario Kart and other potential attractions. Transformers should survive another decade or so before being removed for a new attraction. Except Nintendo Land to not open until around 2022-23 at the least, it's also good timing considering that the Olympics in LA is at six/five years away after SNW opening, bringing in more crowds.

If it’s true that both Orlando and Hollywood get this would it be a dual announcement? I think so similar to Nintendo.

Unless they have plans for doing so, I'm not sure. Shrek 4d, where SLOP is rumored to be, hasn't been torn down and it's already been 15 years since it opened in Florida. So it probably might not come until a bit later and we won't get a dual announcement since each park is very different.

If it’s true that both Orlando and Hollywood get this would it be a dual announcement? I think so similar to Nintendo.

Are we still certain that Shrek 4D will be replaced by Pets? I think that should be an important question to ask when it comes for Orlando.

I would say DW, but DWT is going to fill in that space..

One of the things I hope comes out of all this, is that Baker Street's facades change to NY, allowing Universal Hollywood to change Sweet Liberty eventually to match the rest of the gorgeous Universal Blvd. But as far as SLoP goes, it's just what USH desperately needs. It's paying nod to the original Universal IP in a great way, with some fantastic use of modern high tech in a small, compact setting.

Last edited:
I heard whispers of upper lot but I can't believe I didn't think of Globe Theater. Makes sense that they would place it there.

Last I heard, the version that was going was pretty lavish, albeit a bit more compact and less full than the original one. You all should be pretty happy with the final product if all goes well.

I heard whispers of upper lot but I can't believe I didn't think of Globe Theater. Makes sense that they would place it there.

Last I heard, the version that was going was pretty lavish, albeit a bit more compact and less full than the original one. You all should be pretty happy with the final product if all goes well.
As long as it’s at least mostly practical, AA-filled ride with some descent spinning, I’ll be happy.

Come to think of it, this is Universal Hollywood's first attempt at a dark ride that is specifically aimed to be safe and family-friendly and which has a non-flying vehicle, like most Fantasyland's attractions (except Peter Pan's flying ship), are at Disneyland. To think that it comes so late to the park towards the end of the 2010s is really astounding. It seems like Universal is almost ending itself as a peak aimed at teenagers and mature audiences, just because they can compete with Disney.

It seems like Universal is almost ending itself as a peak aimed at teenagers and mature audiences, just because they can compete with Disney.

1. There's more money in the family demographic. 2. Universal already has the teenager market covered with HHN. Most teens who generally don't visit the park at all come during the months of Sept/Oct. That's pretty good if you ask me.

The Upper Lot having the family friendly Illumination-themed area, the all-ages Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the show-heavy Universal Plaza, and Springfield seems like it would make a very good balance and basically complete the Upper Lot's transformation.

As for the Lower Lot... with SLoP potentially out of the way, I think a Nintendo expansion could be nice. I don't know if the current plans called for Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi to all be there, but if they didn't, they have their work cut out for them. If they do... well, more JP (Hollywood getting the Gyrosphere ride?) and more Nintendo (Pokmeon) would be nice.

The Upper Lot having the family friendly Illumination-themed area, the all-ages Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the show-heavy Universal Plaza, and Springfield seems like it would make a very good balance and basically complete the Upper Lot's transformation.

As for the Lower Lot... with SLoP potentially out of the way, I think a Nintendo expansion could be nice. I don't know if the current plans called for Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi to all be there, but if they didn't, they have their work cut out for them. If they do... well, more JP (Hollywood getting the Gyrosphere ride?) and more Nintendo (Pokmeon) would be nice.

To be honest, a part of me would love it if 22-25/28 gets a coaster, along if SNW receives Donkey Kong for Hollywood.

It could be even something similar to Space Fantasy, I would just think something thrilling would be a great pick for USH down there in the LL.

With this news, I'm seeing acronyms I've never even seen before. HE? IJA? SWSA?

I do think this could be a good location, though I am surprised they're getting ride of a flex venue that must bring in a fair amount of income for special events. Not only corporate events, but many schools used it for Proms and Winter Formals. Does this mean they're getting out of the special event/rental business? Or will it go elsewhere? If so, where? Or is this even another reason to support an on-site hotel, maybe with a convention center/hall?

I'm also curious not only about the London Street facades, but New York Street as well. I tweeted over the weekend that I notice they removed all props and vendor carts from that area, making me wonder if the facade is coming down next.

And dang, those bathrooms in the Globe were pretty fabulous. I'm going to miss them, haha

Reactions: Jonathan
1. There's more money in the family demographic. 2. Universal already has the teenager market covered with HHN. Most teens who generally don't visit the park at all come during the months of Sept/Oct. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Yeah, but I'm talking about during normal operations or attractions, not special events. Back in the 1990s, Universal was seen as rad and geared towards teenagers and adults with rides like Spider-Man, Dudley-Do Rights, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, Kongfrontation, Men in Black, etc, which are still distinct from the Disney parks since it something Disney might not normally do due to its themes that conflict with Disney's own standards. Right now, the Universal attractions we're getting seems to be family-friendly based rather than thrill-based like Jurassic Park or Forbidden Journey like it used to. Just hope Universal keeps the balance between the two things.

All we know is that Mario Kart would be confirmed for Super Nintendo World in all three parks. I don't think Jurassic Park in Hollywood really needs a worthy replacement, though, as it's considered a milestone for the Universal parks around the world. It simply doesn't have much room to make way for a JW ride GypSphere ride. For Orlando though, we can't wait for the 3rd or 4th theme park.

Our bad.

HE = Hogwarts Express
IJA = Indiana Jones Adventure
SWSA = Snow White's Scary Adventure

Yeah, but I'm talking about during normal operations or attractions, not special events. Back in the 1990s, Universal was seen as rad and geared towards teenagers and adults with rides like Spider-Man, Dudley-Do Rights, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, Kongfrontation, Men in Black, etc, which are still distinct from the Disney parks since it something Disney might not normally do due to its themes that conflict with Disney's own standards. Right now, the Universal attractions we're getting seems to be family-friendly based rather than thrill-based like Jurassic Park or Forbidden Journey like it used to. Just hope Universal keeps the balance between the two things.

You're also missing Hanna-Barberra, Nickelodeon, Barney, Curious George, and Fievel....

Reactions: jtsalien
Lol, I hear ya. That’s a lot of initials.

Unless I’m mistaken:

HE: Hogwarts Express
IJA: Indiana Jones Adventure
SWSA: Snow Whites Scary Adventure

I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong. ;)

From what we know, the Mummy should be on the chopping block by next year and Nintendo would be at the Lower Lot since it's definitely meant for more mature or exciting attractions or areas like Nintendo's Mario Kart and other potential attractions. Transformers should survive another decade or so before being removed for a new attraction. Except Nintendo Land to not open until around 2022-23 at the least, it's also good timing considering that the Olympics in LA is at six/five years away after SNW opening, bringing in more crowds.

Unless they have plans for doing so, I'm not sure. Shrek 4d, where SLOP is rumored to be, hasn't been torn down and it's already been 15 years since it opened in Florida. So it probably might not come until a bit later and we won't get a dual announcement since each park is very different.

I’d like to see a coaster, but maybe along the lines of Rock’n’Rollercoaster (indoor, launched, looping, with a soundtrack component). That could fit there, as it sounds like there’s little chance of a coaster that size going in for Nintendo or anywhere else, especially with noise and height restrictions. That might be your best shot. Maybe themed to music (like Rip Ride Rocket) or even Sci-fi (it’s adjacent to Transformers and JP, which would flow a little bit better than SLOP on the lower lot between those two).

Not saying you need ten coasters to compete with Six Flags/Knotts, but one squeezed in after a bunch of family additions (Dreamworks Theater, SLOP, Nintendo) wouldn’t hurt the park, either. Especially if Mummy is axed.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.