Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think TWD was created to fulfill a contract with HHN and Murdy didn't want to continue to revisit the franchise year over year. This would allow for more creative focus elsewhere. Once the contract is up...it can go! Plus, the maze idea began as a replacement for a restaurant closure and was a poor idea to begin with. Its clunky, and cheap. I think those are 2 things that Universal Creative is not going for today.

If they were able to utilize TWD for this new attraction, then the story would be completely different. They'd be looking at a massive 35,000ish sq foot complex for this attraction (vs the 17,500 sq feet of the Globe). The downside of that though is we'd be losing an actual "attraction" that's unique to Hollywood.

While TWD is obviously in significant decline, the same could be said for the Simpsons, even long before the Simpsons ride opened, and this year is the 10th anniversary of the ride's opening. TWD phenomenon started 8 years ago, continuing in with the spin-off FTWD three years ago. That's why Universal's House of Horrors was removed from the Studio Store expansion while opening up TWD as a permanent maze attraction to make up for the loss. TWD also opened recently as well, so it's almost two years so unless it's really unpopular like DCA's Super Star Limo, it's not going to go away for a couple of more years or so, even if the TWD is canceled forever.

While TWD is obviously in significant decline, the same could be said for the Simpsons, even long before the Simpsons ride opened, and this year is the 10th anniversary of the ride's opening. TWD phenomenon started 8 years ago, continuing in with the spin-off FTWD three years ago. That's why Universal's House of Horrors was removed from the Studio Store expansion while opening up TWD as a permanent maze attraction to make up for the loss. TWD also opened recently as well, so it's almost two years so unless it's really unpopular like DCA's Super Star Limo, it's not going to go away for a couple of more years or so, even if the TWD is canceled forever.

Don't fast too long, you might just have to end up eating your words eventually...

With such a tight space and almost no room for a queue. I wonder if SLOP will be the first instance of the queueless system in Hollywood. A test for SNW perhaps.
If Hollywood's Nintendo is anything like Orlando's, I don't think it will use Virtual Line.

Hopefully guest surveys haven't been kind to Virtual lines and we'll just see them in special circumstances, instead of on everything new. Virtual lines are a pain in the butt to relaxed leisurely touring of the parks.

Hopefully guest surveys haven't been kind to Virtual lines and we'll just see them in special circumstances, instead of on everything new. Virtual lines are a pain in the butt to relaxed leisurely touring of the parks.

I’ll disagree. I think they work in certain situations. Rides like Nintendo and this aren’t those situations

I’ll disagree. I think they work in certain situations. Rides like Nintendo and this aren’t those situations
Maybe, but in the case of Fallon I thought it really messed up what I was trying to see on a day I didn't have an deluxe hotel express pass, before I moved over to Portofino. I'd rather stand in a line than have to come back to an attraction hours later, and plan the day around that time. I felt like I was at MK with fastpass planning messing up a leisurely day.

Maybe, but in the case of Fallon I thought it really messed up what I was trying to see on a day I didn't have an deluxe hotel express pass, before I moved over to Portofino. I'd rather stand in a line than have to come back to an attraction hours later, and plan the day around that time. I felt like I was at MK with fastpass planning messing up a leisurely day.
Not according to what you said after you rode it...
Finally got to experience the attraction.....
My GF walked off the ride, her response summed it up pretty well, "Wow. That was soooooo good", and she said that phrase three times in succession.
* Universal really hit it on this. They got a lot of bang for their buck. A small D ticket attraction on a small plot of land replacing an attraction that very few were riding anymore Almost all of us trashed this up until it's opening. It has the feel of an E ticket. It hits on all cylinders, and most important of all, it's very much fun and entertaining. The building adds a lot to that section of the park and makes that corner alive. I can't really recall pre shows and rides where so many people were demonstratively enjoying themselves. Screaming, laughing, applauding, everywhere, all the time...it just never seemed to stop. Ragtime Gals various routines are great. Hashtag is so much fun. The pre show videos are hilarious, and I don't even often watch Fallon. Heck, people were even laughing loudly and applauding the Roots doing the on ride physical warning spiel. And the ride itself. Huge screen, image so clear you really feel like you're in the real studio. Rode it apx. 10 times so we sat just about everywhere. All rows are good, but back is best. Great decision to keep the motion smooth as silk and avoid the jerkiness this ride system can produce. The smoothness makes the ride. It's thrilling but relaxed at the same time. Like gliding through the air. The Race Through NY is funny, entertaining, fast paced and need I say it, pure blasphemy to some, but easily comparable since I rode this both before and after a trip to Epcot, it's better than Soarin (Now that will get me drawn & quartered, Braveheart style, by Disney apologists :lol:).....Fallon was just so much FUN. And that's what theme parks are supposed to be about. No wonder it's scoring so high on guest surveys. Heard it's the highest rated ride in the park from one Insider......Just loved the entire totality of the experience. Generally it was about 15-20 minutes from express pass entry into the building and end of the ride. I'd rather have even more time in the queue, since all the pre show stuff is "that good". Never thought I'd say this last year, but here's my ranking..............*Facade, queue, pre shows 10. Ride itself 9....Totality of Experience 9 1/2 :thumbsup: :cheers:

Yes, definitely, it's very repeatable. That kind of surprised me. And even after all all those times in the queue, I only got too see a small portion of the total offerings. You could probably go through the queue dozens of times before you experience all the entertainment and films they show. Every time through the queue was like a new experience, because it basically was a new experience for real.

I just remember you liked the ride and were a big supporter of the attraction after experiencing it so i'm just curious as to what may have changed your mind since you first rode it to what your opinion is now? Being totally serious btw, not trying to be a jerk.

Not according to what you said after you rode it...

I just remember you liked the ride and were a big supporter of the attraction after experiencing it so i'm just curious as to what may have changed your mind since you first rode it to what your opinion is now? Being totally serious btw, not trying to be a jerk.
Love the attraction and ride. You misread what my post was about. I just didn't like the Virtual Queue reservation time concept. That's what my above post was about, not the attraction. I was at Sapphire the first five days of my vacation, so once the Virtual Queue kind of messed up a day, I only did it maybe once more until I moved to Portofino for nine nights. Then we rode it a bunch of times with Express Pass...Funny you mentioned the attraction. We're going back in May and I asked Alene a couple of days ago if there was anything she considered a must do for the vacation. Her reply was the Fallon attraction. She loved the actual queue, pre shows and the ride. So did I.

Last edited:
Off topic but it was a stupid idea to have a Simpsons Ride in the first place. You’re right that it has been in a decline way before the attraction’s conception and the ride itself is just as unfunny and poorly animated as the new episodes. Not to mention that the viewership for the show has been in a steep decline and continues to go low. Back to the Future has way more staying power at this point because people look fondly on the trilogy and its fans are showing them to the next generation to guarantee its legacy. Heck, last time I was at the Simpsons Ride, the waiting time was like 15 minutes, and it was a busy day. Back when BTTF was still there, it usually had waiting times around 90 minutes, even on a less-crowded day. There was L I T E R A L L Y zero reason to close down it other than the 2015 issue that could’ve been easily fixed if they wanted to.

Sorry for the rant.

Off topic but it was a stupid idea to have a Simpsons Ride in the first place. You’re right that it has been in a decline way before the attraction’s conception and the ride itself is just as unfunny and poorly animated as the new episodes. Not to mention that the viewership for the show has been in a steep decline and continues to go low. Back to the Future has way more staying power at this point because people look fondly on the trilogy and its fans are showing them to the next generation to guarantee its legacy. Heck, last time I was at the Simpsons Ride, the waiting time was like 15 minutes, and it was a busy day. Back when BTTF was still there, it usually had waiting times around 90 minutes, even on a less-crowded day. There was L I T E R A L L Y zero reason to close down it other than the 2015 issue that could’ve been easily fixed if they wanted to.
You're entitled to your opinion about the ride's quality itself (even if I disagree), but just saying, that line stuff is completely anecdotal evidence that doesn't mean a thing about the ride's quality or ridership. The only people who know the "true" popularity of attractions are Universal themselves, and they wouldn't be closing down an attraction that brings in crowds like that. And I know for a fact that Back to the Future was not bringing in 90+ minute lines toward the end of its life.

And honestly, say what you want about Simpsons, but the first 10 seasons are just as iconic and beloved as Back to the Future and they have just as much nostalgia going for it.

You're entitled to your opinion about the ride's quality itself (even if I disagree), but just saying, that line stuff is completely anecdotal evidence that doesn't mean a thing about the ride's quality or ridership. The only people who know the "true" popularity of attractions are Universal themselves, and they wouldn't be closing down an attraction that brings in crowds like that. And I know for a fact that Back to the Future was not bringing in 90+ minute lines toward the end of its life.

And honestly, say what you want about Simpsons, but the first 10 seasons are just as iconic and beloved as Back to the Future and they have just as much nostalgia going for it.
It did seem I was tying the popularity and the waiting times together and it’s clumsy wording on my part but I meant that sentence about the lines to be more anecdotal more than anything. It’s just from my experiences.

Back to SLoP, I do want to comment that there is one thing I am interested is, is more or less if Creature Tech is still on-board with the attraction. Last I remember a while back, that was one of the major topics discussed, that Creature Tech would be heavily involved with the creation of all the AA's of the ride.

If that's still the case, I am very excited to see how they move around and what-not.

Status
Not open for further replies.