Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to SLoP, I do want to comment that there is one thing I am interested is, is more or less if Creature Tech is still on-board with the attraction. Last I remember a while back, that was one of the major topics discussed, that Creature Tech would be heavily involved with the creation of all the AA's of the ride.

If that's still the case, I am very excited to see how they move around and what-not.

Creature Tech is super busy with Uni then

Reactions: Al2020
When they want to, Universal can make animatronics that surpass what Disney can do:

• The Kongs
• the Jurassic Park dinosaurs at their prime
• the Cylons
• the T-70s
• Buckbeak
• the Sorting hat
• Dementors
• Gringotts goblin
• Walker girl from TWD
• Tiger from the American Tail show
• the aliens in the E.T. ride,
• the dragon from the Conan show
• the Imhoteps from each Mummy incarnation
• hell, even that giant Gilman from that godawful Black Lagoon musical.

I don’t doubt they can do something amazing with SLoP (you think we shouldn’t use this acronym?).

It's not like Uni has forgotten about animatronics its just that for certain IPs screens are more practical than an animatronic (ex. Transformers, Potter)

But yet, they do make great animatronics and I think SLOP won't be as impressive as a JP dinosaur or a gigantic Kong, but there will multiple if rumors are true.

Reactions: tankart150
It's not like Uni has forgotten about animatronics its just that for certain IPs screens are more practical than an animatronic (ex. Transformers, Potter)

But yet, they do make great animatronics and I think SLOP won't be as impressive as a JP dinosaur or a gigantic Kong, but there will multiple if rumors are true.
I think you could make a decent ride out of Transformers that’s just animatronics, you’d just have to sacrifice that kind of crazy action to obtain it.

Unlike Transformers, Pets won't require gigantic animatronics. What I think needs to be taken into account, is the market that Pets will be accommodating towards.

Hell the Pets puppets look good on the parade float. You can do limited movement Pets or larger AAs much easier with dogs and cats than two story robots that run and jump.

I think SLoP is a hilarious acronym for this attraction...it fits so well. LOL

There's a longer title for the old ride, wonder if it'll keep the same storyline or adapt a new one.

If it's closing in May, we could possibly still be looking at a late 2019 opening. Maybe Universal wants to flank Star Wars Land. Have JW open before, and SLOP open after Star Wars.

Who's to say that Pet's can't be worked on for a possible Mid-July opening in 2019? It would give them a year and one and a half to two months to do a raze and quick build.

When they want to, Universal can make animatronics that surpass what Disney can do:

• The Kongs
• the Jurassic Park dinosaurs at their prime
• the Cylons
• the T-70s
• Buckbeak
• the Sorting hat
• Dementors
• Gringotts goblin
• Walker girl from TWD
• Tiger from the American Tail show
• the aliens in the E.T. ride,
• the dragon from the Conan show
• the Imhoteps from each Mummy incarnation
• hell, even that giant Gilman from that godawful Black Lagoon musical.

I don’t doubt they can do something amazing with SLoP (you think we shouldn’t use this acronym?).
The aliens in MIB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.