Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up, while technically people were "riding" the ride, it was only for commercial filming, and I doubt they really liked it much lol. They had to wear hardhats when entering the building, so construction is definitely not done. They only need one or two scenes to look decent to get some nice action shots of folks riding for a commercial. I doubt the ride audio was even on.

But hey, we do know at least that the ride system itself is working!

Ya my guess is they rode the Omnimovers but I can't imagine all set pieces are fully in play/working yet. Also we have no idea if they got to use the face recognition tech to become their own puppy. Also, gotta edit the commercial haha. I think April is the best guess here with softs in March. But man I wish I could've been part of this commercial! Gotta move to LA or Orlando so I can be a part of these things haha. Imagine being in THE commercial for the ride or the queue video for Bourne and constantly seeing yourself at the parks lol

I’m conflicted about SLOP replacing USF Shrek only because USF already has a New York section, so it would fit better there for the sake of consistency (although there’s no space). I’d rather them do the Villain-Con concept since it’s across from Minion Maybem.

I’m conflicted about SLOP replacing USF Shrek only because USF already has a New York section, so it would fit better there for the sake of consistency (although there’s no space). I’d rather them do the Villain-Con concept since it’s across from Minion Maybem.
In this hypothetical of SLOP replacing Shrek, SLOP's gift shop would likely lead out to NY anyways, or close to it, so they can get away with it I think. Plus the tie in with minions and being Illumination I think makes it work even better. Plus USF, truly, NEEDS a ride like this right now. Just excited to see this thing open

In this hypothetical of SLOP replacing Shrek, SLOP's gift shop would likely lead out to NY anyways, or close to it, so they can get away with it I think. Plus the tie in with minions and being Illumination I think makes it work even better. Plus USF, truly, NEEDS a ride like this right now. Just excited to see this thing open

Build slop behind the New York public library facade. Between Mummy and Stage 33. Might need to demo stage 33 for that though. Would be perfect.

Build slop behind the New York public library facade. Between Mummy and Stage 33. Might need to demo stage 33 for that though. Would be perfect.
I like this too, but I do not see them tearing down another building anytime soon when they can just replace a current one with another attraction. Id imagine your alternative is much more expensive for them.

I wonder if there is still a bank backstage behind that facade? There was a bank in a portable there when I worked at Universal a thousand years ago.

Reactions: RFRees
Well y’all in Hollywood is getting SNW first so there’s your chance to visit HW.
But, SLOP! UOR is much a more “resort” destitinstiln than Hollywood is at this moment, Orlando needs some stuff too. Neither parks are perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.