Seeking advice for orientation - USH | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 25, 2018
Hi! First, I’m new on this forum but I’ve been a fan of Universal Studios for awhile.
I landed a summer job at Universal Studios Hollywood and I was just wondering if people could describe their first week working as a summer hire? Specifically if you had to wear the non-slip shoes to orientation day 1 / day 2? Bonus for me if you’re or were a food cart attendant (my position)!

Hi! First, I’m new on this forum but I’ve been a fan of Universal Studios for awhile.
I landed a summer job at Universal Studios Hollywood and I was just wondering if people could describe their first week working as a summer hire? Specifically if you had to wear the non-slip shoes to orientation day 1 / day 2? Bonus for me if you’re or were a food cart attendant (my position)!

Training is a mix of boring and fun combined. A lot of the training revolves around knowing the company and its standards. Then you'll progress into more of what particular dept. you'll be working in (Food, Retail, Attraction, etc.). Though it can be frustrating at time to work in a high volume of people, the important thing is to have fun with it. It's a theme park built with the intent of bring in many people around the world and you'll definitely meet many. So have fun and enjoy!!!

Reactions: Coasted