Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a no brainier that IOA needs more "kid friendly" attractions. The park is still compared to Six Flags on other boards due to it being too roller coaster heavy.:doh: However, the biggest complaint that I see repeatedly is that all of the attractions suitable for small children are already located in Seuss. I can understand if that's the only location were expansion is possible but there are other islands that could use the attraction more. What that could be... I have not the slightest clue.

Helicoptours in Jurassic Park, an actual show in Toon Lagoon... though I'll go ahead and take the rumored mine cart ride as a nice consolation...

I definitely agree that those would be all great additions to the park and would gladly welcome any or all of them. But would they be as kid friendly as another attraction in Seuss would be? I mean the chances of a thrill ride going into Seuss is highly unlikely, right? If a new attraction was to be built in Seuss then it's going to be fairly tame. This is perfectly fine but from the complaints I constantly read, these type of rides need to be placed in other islands as well so that families with small children can enjoy the rest of the park.

The older man to the left is the one that intrigues me.

Sorry to bump an older topic but there is relevance here.

ioa_g_2_1.jpg

Here's a concept image for Cartoon World, the original concept for Universal's second gate. Note the hub-and-spokes layout. That colorful land is the Dr. Seuss land (not sure if it was called Seuss Landing at that point). You may recognize the big top tent as Circus McGurkus and a Peoplemover-type ride as Sylvester McMonkey McBean. What intrigues me is the mountain just to the left. It almost seems like the Matterhorn being a large mountain just off the park's hub. With its purplish tone, it seems like it fits with the more colorful Seuss area than the neighboring area. The only Seussian mountain I can think of is Mount Crumpit. So maybe a Grinch attraction was originally planned for the park.

Off topic, but I love this overview of Cartoon World. You can see how the Warner Bros. properties would have been represented. What's especially interesting is that the desert-themed coaster towards the bottom of the image seems to be the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote launched coaster. Jim Hill spoke of it on the UUOPodcast. Looks like Superman's Metropolis in the bottom left, Batman's Gotham City possibly is center left, I think I see Dudley Do-Right's large mountie hat in the top left, and I bet Looney Tunes dominates that entire bottom area. Cool stuff :)

Reactions: skeletonowl
HTF tweeted last night:

"Orange furball has been 'approved' and they're gunning for another aggressive opening date!"

This has fueled speculation that a Lorax Attraction could be in the works.....

HTF tweeted last night:

"Orange furball has been 'approved' and they're gunning for another aggressive opening date!"

This has fueled speculation that a Lorax Attraction could be in the works.....

Summer 2015 along with the JP expansion?! :happy:

Yet another attraction to keep our eyes on, this has to be the most aggresive themepark expansion ever.

The problem is though where would you put a Grinch coaster? The Lorax is taking up the only expansion pad Seuss has. And the thing is, according to the stories I've heard, Universal was choosing between building a Grinch coaster or an Amber Mine coaster at JP + Lorax ride, and obviously the latter won out.

I really do want a Grinch ride, but I don't think it's in the cards anymore.

The problem is though where would you put a Grinch coaster? The Lorax is taking up the only expansion pad Seuss has. And the thing is, according to the stories I've heard, Universal was choosing between building a Grinch coaster or an Amber Mine coaster at JP + Lorax ride, and obviously the latter won out.

I really do want a Grinch ride, but I don't think it's in the cards anymore.

they would have to expand into LC....although people like skip reel and htf would know better than me

I like the Wonka rumors better :lol:

I know it's just speculation that they'd go out to LC, but i'd rather something new than just more of the same.

I like the Wonka rumors better :lol:

I know it's just speculation that they'd go out to LC, but i'd rather something new than just more of the same.
Precisely this. Wither it be Wonka, re-utilizing the current theme, or something all together different, I'd like to think that the LC could be put to better use than simply more Seuss.

With the 4K 3-D this attraction is supposed to be utilizing, I think this can be one of the most colorful rides ever.