Seuss Landing - General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My (hopefully pragmatic) wish list for Seuss Landing --
  • Give Cat in the Hat a tune-up similar to what ET Adventure has been receiving of late. Service/rebuild the animatronics that barely move (some are better than others). Reintroduce the spinning tunnel vortex or a comparable effect instead of the temporary whirling light gobo that's been there for years.
  • Get the rotating Green Eggs and Ham sign back up. Bizarre that it's been missing for this long - approaching Mounty Hat notoriety.
  • Caroseussel and One Fish Two Fish are quality flats in good shape. No changes needed.
  • The story time/readings they regularly do are nice, but I wish they'd take another crack at a more substantive Seuss show. There's already a stage behind One Fish - can't we give this another try, especially with all the recent improvements in Universal street entertainment?
  • Fix up the High in the Sky queue. There are way too many broken and/or abandoned effects in there.
  • This one won't happen as it requires some reprogramming, but you can instantly double the length of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride by having the trains navigate both tracks in a single circuit/ride experience. Basically, close off one side of the station/unloading area. This in theory wouldn't hurt ride capacity, either.

• Give Cat in the Hat a tune-up similar to what ET Adventure has been receiving of late. Service/rebuild the animatronics that barely move (some are better than others). Reintroduce the spinning tunnel vortex or a comparable effect instead of the temporary whirling light gobo that's been there for years.
  • Get the rotating Green Eggs and Ham sign back up. Bizarre that it's been missing for this long - approaching Mounty Hat notoriety.
  • Caroseussel and One Fish Two Fish are quality flats in good shape. No changes needed.
  • The story time/readings they regularly do are nice, but I wish they'd take another crack at a more substantive Seuss show. There's already a stage behind One Fish - can't we give this another try, especially with all the recent improvements in Universal street entertainment?
  • Fix up the High in the Sky queue. There are way too many broken and/or abandoned effects in there.
  • This one won't happen as it requires some reprogramming, but you can instantly double the length of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride by having the trains navigate both tracks in a single circuit/ride experience. Basically, close off one side of the station/unloading area. This in theory wouldn't hurt ride capacity, either.

For High in the Sky, issue is the trains themselves are some of the most difficult/inconvenient vehicles ever created for a ride. So if you run one side only, it could lead to very slow load times and reduce capacity. But if they can fix that, the ride should definitely run as one giant loop.

Speaking of signs, very minor nitpick, but Green Eggs needs a sign with a menu board that's far closer to the main path. Lots of people walk by it, but too lazy to actually walk up to the counter to find out what's there. So pretty much those that already know are the only ones ordering there lmao

For High in the Sky, issue is the trains themselves are some of the most difficult/inconvenient vehicles ever created for a ride. So if you run one side only, it could lead to very slow load times and reduce capacity. But if they can fix that, the ride should definitely run as one giant loop.

Speaking of signs, very minor nitpick, but Green Eggs needs a sign with a menu board that's far closer to the main path. Lots of people walk by it, but too lazy to actually walk up to the counter to find out what's there. So pretty much those that already know are the only ones ordering there lmao

I agree that the trains are a bit unwieldy, but I'm not sure how creating a single circuit would affect capacity or load times. The loading process would be identical, just confined to one side, and you'd just have one to two additional trains on the (doubled in length) track at all times. Right now, you're waiting an extended period to wait for a train to arrive in the station.

Reactions: belloq87
This one won't happen as it requires some reprogramming, but you can instantly double the length of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride by having the trains navigate both tracks in a single circuit/ride experience. Basically, close off one side of the station/unloading area. This in theory wouldn't hurt ride capacity, either.
I would love if they could pull this off, technically and logistically.

I don't know why, but the music in the background gives mixed with the...parade...gives me nightmare fuel vibes. That's probably dramatic, but I'm a little unsettled. lol
During HHN in IOA, they'd play the Seuss Landing music backwards (except 2005 which used Midnight Syndicate)

Reactions: Nico

CaroSeussEl did just go through a lengthy refurb, and One Fish is next for refurbs with a month-long closure next month; but also wanted to add - fix the Seuss Entry sign, too!

I feel there are two priorities that are both uber important for this land.

1A. Do something with CITH
1B. Incorporate The Grinch heavily yr round

I wonder if there's enough room behind RFBF to put Mt. Crumpit. A Grinch coaster makes too much sense for this island. They could even stretch to Blue Man theater and add a mini whoville land, with shops and a permanent Seuss stage.
(dare i say p2p ticket required for Whoville)

If not, I'd love to see a "Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat" remix on CITH. With UNI promising 17 bil to Orlando for the nxt 10 yrs after UEU, you'd have to think more upgrades to Seuss are in the cards.

Except.... have you never read a Dr Deuss book? The ride literally emulates being inside the CITH book. It isn't meant to be a fully excessively themed dark ride like at Disney.

The minimal bare sets & plain colored walls are straight out of the book.

And as for the spinning aspect, it is very noticeably absent because the ride programming is jerky in those scenes.
Agreed, that is the books, that is why the spinning is needed because it broke up the plain walls.

The only issue I see with Grinch is that they rely heavily on him during the Holidays - so a year-round Grinch experience would take away that shine. Personally, if we're talking a small expansion blue sky, I think they are better off making a Horton dark ride or Lorax.

Reactions: IzzyB
The only issue I see with Grinch is that they rely heavily on him during the Holidays - so a year-round Grinch experience would take away that shine. Personally, if we're talking a small expansion blue sky, I think they are better off making a Horton dark ride or Lorax.
I remember rumors that many moons ago, the choice for IOA was between Kong and a Lorax ride. Wonder if they still have those plans sitting around.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Nico
Seeing the wait times to meet the Grinch last year, I think a significant Grinch expansion is more than needed to take off some of that seasonal pressure

Seeing the wait times to meet the Grinch last year, I think a significant Grinch expansion is more than needed to take off some of that seasonal pressure

Well, when there's only 1 room to meet 1 Grinch - yeah, there's going to be demand. They just need to find a place to set up multiple Grinch rooms during the Holidays, like Disney does with Frozen M&G.

The Grinch coaster has been talked about for so long. It would be great to have something as a step between Hagrid's and Hippogriff if they were to finally build it.

I remember rumors that many moons ago, the choice for IOA was between Kong and a Lorax ride. Wonder if they still have those plans sitting around.
Would the ride be different enough from CiTH and HitS? You may have a different idea but a Lorax ride seems like it would too much like the other two. Unless we're talking about a Lorax coaster then I'm all for it. lol

I like a good dark ride, but there is just something about this one that I tend to not want to go on it. Now my kids love it, but there are places that could have a little spinning in it. Maybe that is my issue, I remember when it spinned. This "young kids don't like spinning" argument seems odd when you have tea cups that kids love. I am not looking for back to full spinning, but the ride expects some spinning in some areas as that is how the story was written. So it is just something missing.
It's not just you thinking something is missing, it's because the ride is literally telling you in scenery and audio to prepare for spin time and doesn't deliver; the ride at the peak builds up the expectation of that. It would be like Jaws but you never see the shark. I wonder if the spinning was reduced also as a way to limit the wear and tear of the ride system.

For me there's something to not going on it more often too because I pick up on it every time I enter the queue. I think that has to do with going from outdoor to a cramped environment and the amosphere changes dramtically. I swear you could run the ride as-is with half the show lights off and it would a decent ride for HHN.

A good floor to ceilding dusting, repainting, and repairs to the props and reincorportate some level of spinning it'll be good!

I don't know why, but the music in the background gives mixed with the...parade...gives me nightmare fuel vibes. That's probably dramatic, but I'm a little unsettled. lol
It's not a parade it's a funeral procession. :lol: Yeah I noticed that the first time. They didn't even have more lively music for this? They happy dancing with that soundtrack does not work. lol

The only issue I see with Grinch is that they rely heavily on him during the Holidays - so a year-round Grinch experience would take away that shine
Well.... the holiday season focuses on the live-action Jim Carrey Grinch. If they were to build a ride/coaster, I would expect it to be modeled after the book/animated classic.

They do already have the original fuzzy character photo-op out in the land. So it wouldn't hinder the holiday season too much.

Would the ride be different enough from CiTH and HitS? You may have a different idea but a Lorax ride seems like it would too much like the other two.
If multiple similar dark rides work in Fantasyland at Disney, I don't see why it would be an issue for Seuss. Just reinstate the original ride-progam for CITH (yay spins) & that'd make it different enough. Whether it's Lorax, Grinch or a show... the land could use it.

Last edited: