Shanghai Disneyland | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Their pirates is what most thought Gringotts was going to be like in terms of visual effects and mix of sets and screens. Thats what I'm most impressed with more so than ride experience.
Exactly. If universal built this they wouldn't bother building any of the boat practical - you'd just be in a 3D film dome and are supposed to be happy/impressed.

IMO, this POTC is the best Disney dark ride out there or close too it, at least from what I can see on the video.

This is the perfect blend of both screen and set. The AAs are in scenes where they still seem lifelike because they require minimal movement and the screens fill the gap where a set wouldn't do it justice.

He's just trying to rile people up
No. I'm not. But I appreciate you trying to speak for me.

I'm not on here to antagonize or burn a house down. I'm here to express my opinion and I'm sorry that it differs from yours, the almighty JungleSkip.

My point is that this is how you blend practical vs screen, something that Universal has done well in the past but is getting lax on.

And this is what makes Kong look weak. If that's a budget issue than so be it.

If anyone gets "riled up" from different opinions the Internet is not the place for you to be.

When I ride Kong, maybe I will think they're getting "lax" on it. Maybe when you, you know, actually ride it you'll feel they weren't "lax". So far I've yet to see evidence of this "laxness"

Reactions: Ryno27
When I ride Kong, maybe I will think they're getting "lax" on it. Maybe when you, you know, actually ride it you'll feel they weren't "lax". So far I've yet to see evidence of this "laxness"
I didn't know you knew anything about me or what I have/haven't seen.

Once again - at the end of the day - it's subjective and just opinion. Mine is mine. Yours is yours. And we can live in harmony Bc it doesn't effect either of our physical health.

Shouldn't you atleast, like, ride them both before coming to any sort of judgment on the merits of either? Or atleast view the Kong ride through video, that doesn't yet exist?

Pirates looks awesome however and I'm super jealous Disney just aren't creating rides like it in the US.

I didn't know you knew anything about me or what I have/haven't seen.

Once again - at the end of the day - it's subjective and just opinion. Mine is mine. Yours is yours. And we can live in harmony Bc it doesn't effect either of our physical health.

Have you ridden Kong?

Pirates in Shanghai is a video I'll direct people too who maybe think Disney have lost their touch and can't compete with the state of the art attractions in Universal. This ride demonstrates what they can do whilst highlighting further the issues of the USA resorts in terms of appearing somewhat half baked.

Being wowed by Disney should be the normal instead this seems like an exception and a massive suprise.

Reactions: Ryno27 and ChrisFL
I didn't realize they had a special "Ride Kong" day for Cartoon Network employees. Sorry
My job is the only thing/way I'm allowed to get perks/insider info?

Girl, why are you so pressed? This isn't a matter of right vs wrong (as much as you want to turn it into one).

It's my opinion. Just disagree and move on and belittle me in silence if you think I'm so stupid.

My job is the only thing/way I'm allowed to get perks/insider info?

Girl, why are you so pressed? This isn't a matter of right vs wrong (as much as you want to turn it into one).

It's my opinion. Just disagree and move on and belittle me in silence.

Unless you've actually been on the ride. It's somebody else's opinion.

I think it's about 4 minutes too long. There are some left wow moments, like the 2 ships firing and the initial Jack reveal. Otherwise, not my total cup of tea
Definitely has pacing issues and dead areas.

But, what do I know they don't let us outside at Adult Swim.

And, btw, shouldn't you ride it before you say things like this?