Shanghai Disneyland | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks amazing, the E-tickets look great, especially the unique new ones. No surprises though, since everything about this park leaked like a year ago.

I think it's actually light on the ride count TBH...maybe I'm spoiled with Disneyland lol

Looking at what's announced so far, if this is the opening lineup then it's comparable to Hong Kong Disneyland's opening. Though HKDL would've killed to get Shanghai's lineup since Shanghai has multiple new attractions unique to it. (HKDL had to wait seven years til Big Grizzly Mountain came around)

This is what Tomorrowland needs to look like IMO. Have that spinner atop that platform where the spinning satalites are and have the lightcyes be the E-ticket where Innoventions is. Give the buildings that cyber look and there you go. A good looking Tomorrowland.

All of that looks great! I know TR3N got scrapped, but I hope they consider this for DL over here as I think it would look great and would be well-received.

I'd say opening with a dozen or so major rides and attractions isn't bad for a park's opening day. I definitely want to plan a visit over there to check all of this out.

I'd say opening with a dozen or so major rides and attractions isn't bad for a park's opening day. I definitely want to plan a visit over there to check all of this out.
Well that's more than DAK and DHS combined so it can't be that bad. :lol:

Reactions: ChrisFL
I'm reminded every time I use a Wait Times app and don't...need...to scroll.
Yup. DAK is actually the easiest park to use FP+ for. I always FP E:E, Dinosaur and KS, use the time between to walk through the trails and then after maybe see FotLK or Nemo. I can do it pretty fast-paced if I want, but I really enjoy DAK so I like to stretch my day out there.

Looks amazing, the E-tickets look great, especially the unique new ones. No surprises though, since everything about this park leaked like a year ago.
The only thing changed is the exclusion of Toy Story Playland that is being shelved for "future expansion" which cracks me up. You can say what you want about Disney, but they are BRILLIANT with their business decisions. TSP is being held back to help with both possible issue extremes after opening: underattendance, install TSP to attract the masses since the Chinese are in love with Toy Story... or overattendance, install TSP so the masses head there to even things out. I'm guessing the latter situation would probably get TSMM greenlit as well. I imagine they want to see how the park does by itself first, and basically keep it in their back pocket just in case. (of course it's getting installed one way or another at some point)

Anyways, the park looks absolutely insane and I love it. The only thing missing is a railroad SOMEWHERE, even Tokyo has the one that goes around Adventureland and Westernland. That just bothers me... I know it's a total re-imagining, but a Disneyland just feels incomplete without a train. And the mine train doesn't count.  :p

Also the new TL looks neat, but it's a bit small. I hope it does get expanded in the future... I'm guessing Star Wars is slated.

Adventure Isle is the most intriguing.

Temper your expectations on visiting this though.

While this is the grand unveiling I still hear rough things about the project, especially in regards to Imaginering's involvement. Let's hope it pulls out.

Despite the political wranglings and corporate bickering going on between the various parties involved in this project, I think the final product is actually going to be very impressive. The reimagined classics, along with all-new concepts, make the attraction lineup very strong, but more than that this park definitely has the look of a more-than-the-sum-of-its-parts environment.

I'm intrigued by the Tron coaster and that ride featuring the giant alligator looking thing, but the rest doesn't capture my attention in the same way.

^^ Bingo. Besides them making it pretty clear from the beginning that this was going to be a different park, they're doing what they can to have this park customized for China.

It's totally fine for those outside of China to be interested in the park, though if you're outside of China and complaining about something being different etc...well to be blunt you're not the audience they're catering to.

The overall design and look of the park is phenomenal, and the Adventure Isle and the Pirate area and their respective rides look amazing. But I still think it's light on rides overall...not as much as Hong Kong Disney when it opened, but still. Although what's great about this park is that even though it's relatively light on ride count, they have a ton of shows, and there's a lot of immersive environments and themeing, which can be an attraction itself.

The walk through Star Wars and Marvel "attractions" made me laugh, obviously last minute additions they didn't account for originally. Would've been cool to see big plans ready from the start for Marvel and/or Star Wars over there, but like you said, they need certain things in their back pocket for "expansion".

Two of the biggest things I hate though:

Carthay Circle Theatre on Mickey Avenue. They shouldn't clone that...even though WDW has a tiny clone of their own.

And two: that disgusting sky in Shanghai. Bob Iger's interview with ABC News with the Storybook Castle in the background depressed me.

Reactions: Aaron