Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

She-Ra Meet & Greet Debuts in Lost Continent

So, like, I dunno if this is weird, but I had the opportunity to meet Adora just now, but I didn't, because:

1.) Most importantly, there was a different actress playing her. I kind of prefer the one who played her when she debuted; the videos that Attractions Magazine, et al. showed her with a whole different vibe at that time that I kinda prefer.

2.) I had this paper sign I made last Monday in case I got to see her that said "DON'T ASK ABOUT HE-MAN" with a little stick figure She-Ra at the bottom that I didn't bring today.

That weird? I guess some people just portray the character better than others.

Most importantly, there was a different actress playing her. I kind of prefer the one who played her when she debuted; the videos that Attractions Magazine, et al. showed her with a whole different vibe at that time that I kinda prefer.
Yeah she's one of Universal's best actors, I've been a fan of her work ever since she played Taylor Swift.

Ohhhh! Duh. Man, I regret not going to HHN in years prior for a lot of reasons, chief among them B&T, but I understand on account of MGM wanting to hold the license a lil' closer.

@s8film40, do you know what year this was? Now, I'm curious.
23 if I am remembering correctly. You can find most of the recent ones on YouTube if you look.

The fact this is still ongoing when it supposed to be just a few months shows a great interest.
Agreed. Between She-Ra and the Zombieland crew at HHN, Michael Aiello and his team did a great job at creating face characters that engage with guests and that people actually want to take time out to meet.

Any other characters who are like that?

That's cruel.
Not when you consider the longevity her run had to begin with! The M&G was only supposed to run for the summer of 2019, a quick fix developed guerilla-style to try and manage Hagrid’s traffic. Then, it got popular in its own right, got renewed, then again, and then one more time! Before long, the lines at Hagrid’s got manageable, and Lost Continent traffic died down - Adora served her purpose.

I love this M&G - it is perhaps my favorite of all, and means a lot to me, and even though I’d love to have it back, I recognize that it was something of a means to an end, and I’d be much happier if it eventually found its own niche in time.

I just don’t think this particular M&G will be back. Like I said before, it had a job to do, and it did that job, but there’s not much of a reason to have it around, other than just for kicks; the show’s over, there’s no merchandise for the show anymore - be it on shelves in the park or elsewhere - and although the character herself is awesome, very few people walking through that area seemed to know who she was. (I once overheard someone refer to her as “Lady Thor”.)

I’d love to say there’s a place for these characters if DreamWorks gets a dedicated land in Epic Universe, or wholly takes over KidZone, and if management chooses to promote these characters still, but those are both very big “if”s.

Last edited: