Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even if we did get a show, I'm pretty sure it'd take more than a year to develop. Remember, Universal has to get approval from Warner Brothers, and they're not aiming for low quality stuff.

I'm not saying that a potential show would be bad, but I think it'd require a serious reworking of the current building.

You notice how the Shrek queue looks cheap and temporary. Could that be because Shrek won't around much longer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Shrek's main queue just got demolished. I doubt they would be able to get a permanent solution up so soon.

That, or they'll make a more permanent queue before Potter opens. Although I hope the show won't be around much longer. And as much as I'd like a DATDA show, I don't want that much Potter in the park. I'd rather Shrek be replaced by some other property!

Despicable Me will fill that family friendly 3D animated attraction role that Shrek fills now. When Despicable Me comes you won't need Shrek anymore.

Yeah, but USH still needs MORE family friendly. And by family, I dont mean only baby or toddler. As I've said before, I'd love something along the level of a Dr Suess dark ride, or ET, or Singapore's Spaghetti Chase.

Yeah, but USH still needs MORE family friendly. And by family, I dont mean only baby or toddler. As I've said before, I'd love something along the level of a Dr Suess dark ride, or ET, or Singapore's Spaghetti Chase.
I really wish they would put a family friendly dark ride in the Shrek building, but I don't think that will happen.

You guys won't like hearing this, but if Shrek is replaced it'll be by either another 3D show or a live show.

Or Potter.

Universal promised that the Hollywood Potter would be just as spectacular as the one in Florida. It is obvious that we are not getting Dragon Challenge. So they are going to need something else instead in order for ours to be equal with Florida's.

Universal promised that the Hollywood Potter would be just as spectacular as the one in Florida. It is obvious that we are not getting Dragon Challenge. So they are going to need something else instead in order for ours to be equal with Florida's.
Another attraction isn't really needed for Potter to be as spectacular as the one in Florida.

Reactions: William
This is where I stand: if Shrek was going to be morphed into the Wizarding World, there would be construction walls around it right now. Its contract with Nestle isn't up until 2015, so I wouldn't be expecting this ogre to pack his bags until then.

The advertising deal with Nestle could be shifted to another attraction like Despicable Me once its time to start work on Shrek.

Right, but.. I guess my point is, I think if they wanted Shrek gone for Potter, it would've been wiped out with Curious George. We're really low on attraction count at the moment, so Shrek will play a vital role in keeping the family-oriented entertained until Minion Mayhem and Potter come to town. Once those are dealt with, then I think attention will be on what could replace Shrek.

That, or they'll make a more permanent queue before Potter opens. Although I hope the show won't be around much longer. And as much as I'd like a DATDA show, I don't want that much Potter in the park. I'd rather Shrek be replaced by some other property!
Before I left, I was informed that the Shrek queue is the new Shrek queue til at the very least, very late in Potter construction. Expect to enjoy it for the next two summers... if you dare.

And yes, Shrek is not leaving for at least two years. Like Jon said, a Potter-themed show, while likely, won't make the 2016 lineup. The theater will need some definite changes. The space is of course able to handle a live show (the large theater space with wings is hidden by the screen wall they built for Shrek), but the space has been virtually untouched for well over a decade and you can instantly see where they'd run into problems.

Maybe... just maybe after Despicable Me opens they'll do something about Shrek... Holidays and spring break weill keep it open...

Here's an idea: replace Shrek with a smaller, more interactive show similar to SES or the Horror Makeup show seen in USF. Then, replace SES with a new dark ride for all ages. It'd be near Minion Mayhem and Simpsons, so families will be all over that side of the Upper Lot.

Thanks for reiterating buddy!!!! ;) haha

But yeah, that'd be a fantastic idea. Shrek is near the front of the park, right next to Universal Plaza, and an SES type show as a replacement would be a great attraction to have near the front of rhe park and would fit in so well with the surroundings!

Reactions: William
I don't think a digital ticker on the new Shrek entrance is a guarantee that the new entrance is here to stay and is 100% permanent. It's a necessary addition to help guests, and it's permanent until they decide to redo the entrance. But a digital ticker isn't going to stop them from making a better entrance down the line.

Although I wouldn't mind if they kept this entrance as long as the attraction would close in 2017 at latest.

(Gosh that's a long time :( )