Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I miss when the rumor for this was a trackless ride where your car would hit different random stalls at villain con, and you'd have to ride it multiple times to hit them all.
Even in that concept, you’d hit them all, but the order would be random with ride vehicles taking different paths and criss crossing the room. Exactly the same as that Classic Monsters ride pitch.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Even in that concept, you’d hit them all, but the order would be random with ride vehicles taking different paths and criss crossing the room. Exactly the same as that Classic Monsters ride pitch.

Or more like the Hotel Transylvania ride in Dubai.

This will go a great start into giving kids more to do in the park.

Belt = no height requirement or body proportion issues.

So it sounds to me like prioritzing HHN space is the reason they're not building a ride here.
I’m not getting that at all.

What I’m getting is that they think this will be a cheap and fun experience and SLOP is out of the question given the height restriction and body restrictions that the ride has.

SLOP looks like fun, but it’s proven to not be as popular as they hoped and imo, the ride vehicles were poorly designed. An Omnimover should not have any height or body restrictions and be an all ages attraction.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Looking back at the SLOP ride system, to me it almost seems like they can be using the same system, just remove the vehicles and add the divider/walls, along with whatever else may be moving along with the guest, like a score display.

Last show was very emotional. Audience reciting every line in the preshow and lots of cheering for Farquaad getting blown up one last time.

Also, REALLY awesome TM named Jonathan.

Also also, we got to keep the Ogre-Vision glasses!
Those glasses were going in the trash otherwise so they probably thought it best to just let you guys have something to remember the attraction by and then less work for them later :lol:

Those glasses were going in the trash otherwise so they probably thought it best to just let you guys have something to remember the attraction by and then less work for them later :lol:
Win win and smart for the buzz, shows they care while down the road.....
I'm sure they are aware of the recent pushback over there and they are never too proud to get a dig or two in.
How many years has the HMS gag been running?

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
Finally, it's ogre.

To be kind of thinking; Shrek 4D is a show that I still rather have a guilty pleasure feeling for. It needed to go for Hollywood when it's time came, and Orlando as-well to an extent. I do wish Shrek got something larger and more permament, but it wouldn't shock me if DWA/Illumination is waiting until PIB2 and the Shrek project headed by Melindandri to determine what comes next for the ogre couple and the ass that loves waffles.

For now, all we can do is remember what is now gone.

Finally, it's ogre.

To be kind of thinking; Shrek 4D is a show that I still rather have a guilty pleasure feeling for. It needed to go for Hollywood when it's time came, and Orlando as-well to an extent. I do wish Shrek got something larger and more permament, but it wouldn't shock me if DWA/Illumination is waiting until PIB2 and the Shrek project headed by Melindandri to determine what comes next for the ogre couple and the ass that loves waffles.

For now, all we can do is remember what is now gone.

I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see Shrek in some expanded form with an actual ride (Swamp boat ride?) as a part of a Kid Zone replacement or something like that. I could see that whole area becoming Dreamworks.

I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see Shrek in some expanded form with an actual ride (Swamp boat ride?) as a part of a Kid Zone replacement or something like that. I could see that whole area becoming Dreamworks.

Any kind of proper Shrek ride, would be kind of fun to see. I'd love to see Universal giving the IP something genuine and proper that isn't the film. We know they can do great things, with the land of Far Far Away from Singapore and that of it's accompanying Puss in Boots attraction. Feels completely logical if they give a refresh of the IP; to see a dedicated attraction.