Simpsons Ride - Replacement Ideas | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Simpsons Ride - Replacement Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given the terrain of that area, I don't see them adding anything besides a simulator. Not much you can do with three floors and a relatively tall building with a small footprint.

I'd rather have them rip out the guts of the old Back to the Future simulators and add something similar to Disney's Soarin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That is actually a great idea!!! Mind you, they'd have to probably completely redo the building to install that kind of system, but it'd be cool to be in a Soarin' type of ride but with a wider range of motions. Think Forbidden Journey with an Omnimax screen, right?

But honestly, ride system behind, i find it sad that I can't think of a property Universal can use for a new ride of that type...

There's always Fast and Furious or Ted...LOL.

But that's one area I find very lacking with Universal. It appears as if there's very little synergy between the studio and theme park. One thing I admire about Disney is their ability to aggressively market and promote their movies across different platforms - including theme parks!

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Exactly!!! But that's kinda not the theme park's fault, considering Universal hasn't had a ride worthy movie released. Fast and Furious would work, but the story line would be unbelievably lame. Then again, USH removed a Universal property movie ride (BTTF) for something from Fox....

^ That'd be amazing. With the giant Omnimax screens, it would even, dare I say it, beat Star Tours! The one thing I never liked about Star Tours is he relatively small screen, ESPECIALLY after the refurb.

Which makes our simulator even more of a shame that theyre wasting such a great omnimax screen ride on something like the cheap animation of the Simpsons

^ That'd be amazing. With the giant Omnimax screens, it would even, dare I say it, beat Star Tours! The one thing I never liked about Star Tours is he relatively small screen, ESPECIALLY after the refurb.

Which makes our simulator even more of a shame that theyre wasting such a great omnimax screen ride on something like the cheap animation of the Simpsons
Thanks and to add the idea mabye different expriences for the 2 omnimax screens as it would be cool as each side would start in mabye the enterprise and end with a beam and to be greeted by Spock or James T. Kirk. oh yeah making it all out with the one and only J.J Abram's. that's my idea as a whole, "live long and prosper".

Has anyone ever wondered what are they going to do when the show is finally done? I always thought the only reason this "ride" is still here is because the show is still on. The show itself isn't even that funny anymore imo.

Well, if the attraction is great, it doesn't matter if the source material is outdated or not known in my opinion. Look at Splash Mountain. How much of the public has seen Song of the South? Not much but the ride is still fun and amazing and popular! Same, I think, counted for the likes of Jaws, BTTF and ET. If the ride is well made, it will stay popular. Universal, in my opinion, jumps the gun on judging what's popular.

REGARDLESS, even if The Simpsons show was done, but the ride was well made and amazing, it wouldn't matter that the show was done. The ride would hypothetically stay popular! I give The Simpsons Ride 5 more years MAX. If it lasts more, I will be extremely surprised

That's true but I've seen song of the south more times than I can count even though its banned I like it and think its a good movie. Even before i saw the movie liked splash mountain so your right about that but Splash mountain is a ride that has staying power jaws bttf et tey were to but they all got replaced. That would be true if Simpsons was well done but we all know it wasn't. Five years maybe I'll give it that but if it makes it to the end of the decade that would have me surprised.

^ I don't know if you got my point. Regardless if you saw Song of the South, the majority of the population hasn't, but it doesn't take away from Splash Mountain being an amazing ride. Same can apply to the classic Universal attractions. They were amazing in their own right, regardless if the films were great! Same can't be said about The Simpsons ride

Reactions: steve
No I got your point lol I just think of that movie when someone brings up splash mountain. Made me lose my train of thought

Some of the films I'd include would be:
  • Jaws (might be redundant since it's already on the Studio Tour, but you can't have a "greatest films" ride without it!)
  • Back to the Future (obviously fitting since the ride would be built inside of BTTF's old building)
  • E.T.
  • Jurassic Park (again, it's redundant but I can't imagine this ride without it)
  • King Kong (the Peter Jackson version or an older version)
  • Universal Classic Monsters
  • The Fast and the Furious (please don't shoot me for including this one!)
  • The Mummy
  • Psycho
Or even Oblivion where the tram goes to an apocalyptic Earth,Despicable Me where the minions take over and the tram goes to Gru's lab,and The Incredible Hulk where you can see Hulk battling Abomination in New York

Or even Oblivion where the tram goes to an apocalyptic Earth,Despicable Me where the minions take over and the tram goes to Gru's lab,and The Incredible Hulk where you can see Hulk battling Abomination in New York
sady oblivions box office records sucked, dm is now coming but its in t2s building and hulk is owned by disney. still think we should get star trek.

sady oblivions box office records sucked, dm is now coming but its in t2s building and hulk is owned by disney. still think we should get star trek.
What's funny is Uni used to have a Star Trek attraction, and i heard it wasn't good. But I think Cedar Fair owns Star Trek for rides and stuff now