Sing Attraction Orlando Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Sing Attraction Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope this is just something for the speculation bin, since if Orlando is getting this over SLoP, I will not be a happy camper.

I may be a animation nut, but for me in terms of films coming from major studios, Sing is right there with Ice Age: Collision Course in the "Do Not Care For" catagory. I really have no intrest in this film.

That brings up the next thing, that it would be some kind of show. When it comes to shows, be it live, AA etc...I have to be interested in the theme/what it's about in order for me to see it. Considering I have no intrest in the film, it would take some kind of miracle for me to see a show of it.

Now SLoP on the other hand, while the film was basic popcorn filler, I can see it working fine as a trackless darkride. An' I would be more then happy to experience that attraction.

So a trackless darkride which I'd ride, or a show of any sort which I have no intrest in seeing? This is not a win-win selection here.

Even Laila's most successful film is roughly on par with a tent pole flop. They're an indie studio and it lets them create amazing movies.

It does mean very little merch, parks, or anything else for them.

Even Laila's most successful film is roughly on par with a tent pole flop. They're an indie studio and it lets them create amazing movies.

It does mean very little merch, parks, or anything else for them.
I wish Universal would buy Laika. Simply to get the full power of the NBC/Universal marketing machine behind them. They make such beautiful films.

Laika has no reason to be bought out or sell. No point to even make money as its just a pet project of the owner of Nike's son. They only have 2 pictures left on their deal with Focus for now.

Couldn't Laika just shift distribution from Focus to Universal to take advantage of the marketing instead of an acquisition?

Couldn't Laika just shift distribution from Focus to Universal to take advantage of the marketing instead of an acquisition?

Focus is Universal's arthouse and indie film department which means they pretty much let the film makers do their things with little to no studio interference. Universal label is for the big money making films. Kinda like 20th Fox and Fox Searchlight. Moving Laika to the main banner means less Kubo and more minions and shrek style films.