Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even as a pretty major SFMM/FF supporter, even I am a bit skeptical if they can fully and effectively staff that many mazes. Crossing my fingers, but setting my expectations low.

That said, depending on the locations of all these new houses, Scream Break next year could be expanding quite a bit, and that's pretty cool.

Reactions: Jake S and Wesker69
I will say, sometimes quantity can be a selling point for me in regards to FF. I hated how before, I went through several mazes and was majorly disappointed that I even bothered with the trip. But if it's 11 mediocre-to-bad mazes, that at least feels worth the time invested and can justify the price a bit more.

This seems like a desperate move to get eyes on their park and I think it may work, especially with all the IPs. Quality over quantity is how to draw in a core fanbase and returning visitors. I wish they focused on 6 solid mazes and expeanded from there, making it exciting every year when they add another maze location. The problem is, there's no place to go in terms of excitement. You have everything all at once. But if you don't stick the landing, especially at the premium pice they're charging now, they're going to be in trouble.

I wonder if any of the mazes will be ported over from KSF. If Dark Entities is among them, run the other way lmao -- but ironically in terms of quality, that'd probably be the best house haha

I agree with @DTH — if we’re talking about 11 okay/fine houses that are staffed reasonably well with moderate waits it could still end up being a fun night out. Staffing is the thing I’m most concerned about — the labor market is already spread quite thin.

I’m excited about this event. Realistically, I think they will focus on the IPs and the rest will be either okay or solid. Here’s the lineup.

IPs
Stranger Things
Trick R Treat
Army of The Dead
Saw 20th Anniversary
The Conjuring Universe

New
Aftermath: Nocturnal Hunt

Legacy Houses
Willoughby’s Resurrected
Condemned Forever Damned
Truth or Dare
Vault 666 Unlocked
Sewer of Souls

Last edited:
That's honestly a very impressive lineup. They kept their old drek but still was able to find some new spots and get some IPs. I'm impatiently waiting to hear opening weekend reviews. Who knows, this may be the year I return.

As for the new mazes, we know Saw's location, and I've heard that Aftermath will be split into two mazes (Army of the Dead and Aftermath: Nocturnal Haunt). Trick 'r Trick is apparently going in the new tent that just went up behind Wonder Woman. I assume Conjuring will be where it was last year. But where will Stranger Things be located?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm still interested to see what the crowds are

Six Flags is mainly teens and 100 bucks for this seems like many wont be able to cough that up as easy as the old event..

I feel like the first weeks could be kinda great to go because many will want to see reviews for paying these new prices...but time will tell

Reactions: Clive
Since this is going to be a hard-ticketed event, all of their houses better be ready on time. Unlike last year. I don’t think that will happen.
That would be insane to me to relaunch this all and not be ready to go

I really hope the team is being given what they need to make this work because for this price its one and done for me

I'm not sure how they're going to handle the Legacy Memberships (we used to be able to go as many times as we wanted--I suspect that won't happen this year), but if I only had a chance to go once, I'd wait as few weeks as well to make sure all the mazes are ready.

Now, if I can go more than once, I may risk an early visit. We'll see.

I've never been but am going this year. The choices were do a 3rd night of HHN Hollywood or something different. I don't have great expectations, but I'll still have fun.

Any idea if they will have a holding area inside the park for day guests who also have Fright Fest tickets or is it a hard kick out like Scary Farm?

Any updates on if all the mazes will be finished on time, with opening being less than a month away?

I can't imagine it will be... when I was there last week, the tent for Trick 'r Treat behind Wonder Woman was completely empty. Also, about 1/3 of Aftermath was cleared out and resurfaced... though it did appear that many new walls were up, as far as I could tell. But I wouldn't expect it all to be ready by opening.

Also, does anyone know where the Strangle Things maze is going to be located? It's the only one I can't figure out.

Reactions: Freak
I can't imagine it will be... when I was there last week, the tent for Trick 'r Treat behind Wonder Woman was completely empty. Also, about 1/3 of Aftermath was cleared out and resurfaced... though it did appear that many new walls were up, as far as I could tell. But I wouldn't expect it all to be ready by opening.

Also, does anyone know where the Strangle Things maze is going to be located? It's the only one I can't figure out.
I think ST is going in one of the Flashback warehouses?

Also it looks like FF is gonna have another year of L’s when it comes to opening stuff in time. What a great impression for those paying $70-$100 to experience this.

My impression is they are extremely behind and, as predicted, don't have the sources to deliver what's been promised.
I genuinely feel for the creative / production teams handed such a challenging task. We'll see what they end up scraping together for opening night, but I hope that lessons are learned from this as we head into 2025.

Edit to add: They've got until Sept. 7. Tickets for opening night go for $99 if you don't have a season pass. If you do have a season pass, the haunted attraction pass is going for $50. Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 14.19.01.png

Knott's Scary Farm inexplicably opens 12 days later (Sept. 19) and charges $60 for admission. I have no idea what Six Flags is thinking here.

Last edited: