Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn’t the 2021 ride announcements in August? I’m surprised we have not heard one way or the other if this was scrapped.

I don't think most six Flags will get a new ride unless they are already being built and Magic Mountain does not have anything being worked on right now so my guess is late 2022 is the next time frame for a new ride

Reactions: Rideguy70
Dang it. I mean, I get why it would get shifted... I can't see CA parks opening in the near future (I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't open this year at all), but it's still a bummer.
Just a gut feeling but all parks in SoCal are opening in August.

With the Covid rates rising like they are? Doesn't seem very likely to me, but hey, if they do, that's great.

I was saying that of all the SoCal theme parks, from a Covid point of view, I think I'd feel safest at SFMM. They've released their plans way, way before any other parks did, it's very open, and virtually every attraction is outdoors. I'd actually feel least safe at Disney, and not because of anything Disney would do, but I just can't trust the other guests. Even if Disney did open in August, I probably wouldn't go for months after it opens. Frankly, I'm regretting not cancelling my AP at this point.

I am hearing the 2021 addition will likely be shifted to another park.
Well as long as it's not the rumored Aquea Water Coaster...I don't care that really all I want to replace the Green Lantern/that crappy water ride where you literally go up a hill then down.

Also lol, at six flags opening next month...not gonna happen

With the Covid rates rising like they are? Doesn't seem very likely to me, but hey, if they do, that's great.

I was saying that of all the SoCal theme parks, from a Covid point of view, I think I'd feel safest at SFMM. They've released their plans way, way before any other parks did, it's very open, and virtually every attraction is outdoors. I'd actually feel least safe at Disney, and not because of anything Disney would do, but I just can't trust the other guests. Even if Disney did open in August, I probably wouldn't go for months after it opens. Frankly, I'm regretting not cancelling my AP at this point.
I agree. My gut feeling though is August we are seeing all the parks opening. I could be wrong.

Well as long as it's not the rumored Aquea Water Coaster...I don't care that really all I want to replace the Green Lantern/that crappy water ride where you literally go up a hill then down.

Also lol, at six flags opening next month...not gonna happen
Unfortunately the word is we won't be getting anything for the next couple of years. SFMM might even hold off their 50th ani. 'till '22 at the earliest

I think a lot depends on what happens to expanded unemployment.
You got it!!!! Businesses are closed because people are getting more to be unemployed. Not thinking the business they worked for us going bankrupt. The $1000 a week in CA ends in a couple weeks.

The $1000 a week in CA ends in a couple weeks.

Sooner than that. PUA benefits end a week from tomorrow on the 25th.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just disrespect Tidal Wave!?

Jokes aside, it’d be so weird to not have Tidal Wave in the park anymore. I have so many ‘90s memories of standing on that bridge getting soaked. While I wouldn’t be as bummed about losing it like I was (and still am) about Log Jammer, it’d still just be... strange not seeing it there after decades. Maybe I’m in a minority on that, but either way, I hope if/when it goes, whatever it is replaced with is a water ride of some sort. It’d suck to be knocked down to just two in the park.

Reactions: tacalert
Sooner than that. PUA benefits end a week from tomorrow on the 25th.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just disrespect Tidal Wave!?

Jokes aside, it’d be so weird to not have Tidal Wave in the park anymore. I have so many ‘90s memories of standing on that bridge getting soaked. While I wouldn’t be as bummed about losing it like I was (and still am) about Log Jammer, it’d still just be... strange not seeing it there after decades. Maybe I’m in a minority on that, but either way, I hope if/when it goes, whatever it is replaced with is a water ride of some sort. It’d suck to be knocked down to just two in the park.
I am but the idea/rumors fans have been talking about is some sort of water coaster in the Green Lantern/Tidel Wave area. Believe me, it I'm sure that would be way better than either of those rides.
Unfortunately the word is we won't be getting anything for the next couple of years. SFMM might even hold off their 50th ani. 'till '22 at the earliest

Not surprised, the fact some rides don't even open until noon on none busy weekends ment they were already having some money issues i know from summer until basically Christmas they are gold but they need to find a way to get people into the park in the early months of the year.

Reactions: chris.g