Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will be interesting to see how it works...they promised AP's move Flash Passes but Disney is not doing its FP system. So wondering how it will all work

The "April 1" reopening graphic is all over their site, though clicking it directs to a 404. It's also listed as the official opening date on the broader Six Flags pages. However, if you attempt to make a reservation, there are no dates or times available.

Kind of an embarrassing and confusing launch, to be honest.

Some have gotten reservations confirmed and locked to go, with people like Hastins already locked in for April 3rd.

I wonder if this was an accident that they'll have to wing for it, or if it was going to come out next week.

I mean they need to just open it if people got in.

Its going to be such a mess to go to parks with Aps...like maybe if I'm lucky once a month but still paying like i can go anyday

I was able to make a parking reservation, but not a park reservation. I'm assuming it was all in beta mode, and word got out, and they shut it down.

Apparently there are going to be guidelines saying that we can’t scream on roller coasters. No, I’m not joking.

How on earth does this make sense or even enforceable? I thought the masks themselves are supposed to work?

Apparently there are going to be guidelines saying that we can’t scream on roller coasters. No, I’m not joking.

How on earth does this make sense or even enforceable? I thought the masks themselves are supposed to work?

@Joe on twitter has said that this is false.

It's a clickbait headline. The actual guidance notes that masks/face coverings will blunt the negative impact of screams on rollercoasters.

In other words... you'll need to wear masks for a while longer, but we already knew that.

Is Six Flags really not going to comment on the fact that their official website is loudly advertising an April 1st reopening next to their ticket sale buttons?

I don't know how to put this lightly, so I'll just ask did you read the article? Because the California Attractions and Parks Association is a trade group, not the state of California or any other regulatory body. Here's the part in question.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.55.14 PM.png

Nothing about no screaming on roller coasters.

Reactions: chris.g
FYI, as of later last night, SFMM took down all references to the April 1 date, and returned to "Spring 2021". Again, I'm guessing it all went up as a beta test.

Though at the member portal, you can still grab a parking reservation from April 3 on. But you can't grab a park ticket.

If its themed then cool, but always find it funny they just add names to coasters and do little to make them different from a normal coaster.