Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank You

Its just kinda sad how bad everyone is with emailing people info. I normally find out info from here before I see official emails from places. They need to get there stuff together if you can make the system open you can send an email telling APs.

But anyone got one for April 3 at 10:45 and will see how it goes.

Even though I said I won't be surprised if some rides are closed earlier in this thread, I do have some hope that everything will be open. After all, I went a number of times on weekdays in the off-season before everything shut down. And all the rides were essentially open, and I can't imagine they were at 15% then. The only exception was Apocalypse... that did occasionally close on weekdays (largely due to the WCR construction going on at the time). And yeah, many rides did only have one train, but when there isn't even a full station, it's not really that much of an issue.

But then again, they didn't have a full year with basically no income, so things could easily change in these unusual circumstances.

Even though I said I won't be surprised if some rides are closed earlier in this thread, I do have some hope that everything will be open. After all, I went a number of times on weekdays in the off-season before everything shut down. And all the rides were essentially open, and I can't imagine they were at 15% then. The only exception was Apocalypse... that did occasionally close on weekdays (largely due to the WCR construction going on at the time). And yeah, many rides did only have one train, but when there isn't even a full station, it's not really that much of an issue.

But then again, they didn't have a full year with basically no income, so things could easily change in these unusual circumstances.
Would honestly be a first for me, back when I had a pass in 2017 I can't recall I day I went that didn't have at least 2 coasters getting refurbished, but given they've had this much time without them operating its possible they could all be ready to go.

So is Six Flags going to “officially” announce the coaster they are building at SFMM? Or are they going to wait until their yearly reveal date? Now that there will be people in the park it’s going to be pretty obvious to guests that something is being built. And it’s going to be pretty hard to hide it if the ride goes vertical before August.

Personally, I don't see any point in them doing so at this point. Typically, a new coaster announcement would be to draw people in, and I think the fact that park is opening at all (and is basically the first park in SoCal to open, aside from Legoland), is enough of a draw right now. Save the announcement for later, once more time has gone by.

Franky, who cares if people see construction for a new ride? People saw Nintendo construction way before Universal said a thing about it. They were just like, "Construction? What construction?":whistle:For that matter, they haven't said a thing about HHN, either, even though it's pretty obvious two mazes are at least partially up.

Reactions: chris.g
Personally, I don't see any point in them doing so at this point. Typically, a new coaster announcement would be to draw people in, and I think the fact that park is opening at all (and is basically the first park in SoCal to open, aside from Legoland), is enough of a draw right now. Save the announcement for later, once more time has gone by.

Franky, who cares if people see construction for a new ride? People saw Nintendo construction way before Universal said a thing about it. They were just like, "Construction? What construction?":whistle:For that matter, they haven't said a thing about HHN, either, even though it's pretty obvious two mazes are at least partially up.
But you would think that they may want to announce this ride as soon as they can so they can get people to signup for the membership (new memberships and those that dropped it last year). The earlier they announce it, the more time they have for people to sign up for the membership right? Especially since SFMM is still the companies “crown jewel”?

But you would think that they may want to announce this ride as soon as they can so they can get people to signup for the membership (new memberships and those that dropped it last year). The earlier they announce it, the more time they have for people to sign up for the membership right? Especially since SFMM is still the companies “crown jewel”?
The fact is at least 75% of SFMM's clientele has a membership or season pass... plus, their year was rolled over a whole 365 days.

SFMM won't be announcing this till August

The fact is at least 75% of SFMM's clientele has a membership or season pass... plus, their year was rolled over a whole 365 days.

SFMM won't be announcing this till August

Here's a fair question.

Could it be possible that if they may try to slot this in for a similar timetable as per West Coast Racers, of an Early 2022 for the new coaster? Or--would they hold off until the Spring of 2022 for the sake of the Raptor.

Surprised there are still tickets available for Sunday April 4. Quite tempting. Does anyone know the earliest entry time?

Here's a fair question.

Could it be possible that if they may try to slot this in for a similar timetable as per West Coast Racers, of an Early 2022 for the new coaster? Or--would they hold off until the Spring of 2022 for the sake of the Raptor.
I see the latter being likelier.

Super unrelated to everything in the the thread atm, but man do I wish this was any other year in hopes we could get a Snydercut inspired Apokolips maze at fright fest. Imagine if they finally redid Ash Valley into the ruins of Gotham and Metropolis, it’s be so dope!

I think the plan all along was to give Great Adventure a full summer to tout Jersey Devil as the tallest, fastest and longest single rail, before SFMM makes that record moot.

Sort of the reverse of what happened with Lex Luthor/ Zumanjaro.

I think the plan all along was to give Great Adventure a full summer to tout Jersey Devil as the tallest, fastest and longest single rail, before SFMM makes that record moot.

Sort of the reverse of what happened with Lex Luthor/ Zumanjaro.
It’s almost like a trade off.

“Hey GA, we’ll let you have the world’s tallest drop tower if you let us have the world’s tallest single rail coaster.”

Super unrelated to everything in the the thread atm, but man do I wish this was any other year in hopes we could get a Snydercut inspired Apokolips maze at fright fest. Imagine if they finally redid Ash Valley into the ruins of Gotham and Metropolis, it’s be so dope!
I'd literally take a DC themed zone...a maze would be amazing but sadly doubt it. At MM we have never gotten a DC maze at least in the past ten years.

But would very much be down for one.