Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sold on us getting a Dive Coaster, even then that rumor is hard to believe. SF hasn't made a large capital investment on a coaster over 20 Mil since Tatsu, and I doubt they'd wanna waste it on something as generic as a dive coaster to compete with CP... besides, I heard our rumored 50th Anniversary Coaster is what you should REALLY get excited about... hehehe...

I'm not sold on us getting a Dive Coaster, even then that rumor is hard to believe. SF hasn't made a large capital investment on a coaster over 20 Mil since Tatsu, and I doubt they'd wanna waste it on something as generic as a dive coaster to compete with CP... besides, I heard our rumored 50th Anniversary Coaster is what you should REALLY get excited about... hehehe...

Why do I want to ask the obligatory "Sooo what is the Rumored 50th Anniversary Coaster" post, but I think I am going to wait.

It doesn't seem like a Dive, so I have to wonder what it may be.

My first instinct says something not done before to a sense, and my mind goes first to something from Mack's disposal. But I would be wondering if they may go Intamin instead. Either way, both have very unique offerings that would be great for Six Flags.

simpsons-world-cup-3.png

Also @Alexshow , there's a reason SF is using Raptor track right now before they purchase T-Rex track for their bigger parks... *wink wink* look at it as more of... testing the waters.

Last edited:
The giga won't be Raptor track... but it could be a T-Rex one. It would be cheaper, allow for less space clearance, etc. I don't know the manufacturer for sure, but what I've seen so far points to a T-Rex

Screamscape is getting conflicting sources. One is claiming a king-sized super loop (Please no). The other is claiming it will be the world's tallest Sky Screamer.
So aside from the rumored Giant Discovery, one of those small power splashes.
I would love to see a Sky Screamer, but I would rather see a Discovery.

Lance is always shaky with SFMM rumors. I'll tell you this, theyre both not happening, 1, unless I'm mistaken SFMM didn't wanna do a super loop because they thought of it as a cop out/ weak ride for the local cliente and 2, a Sky Screamer would be a living nightmare for the park with the new Cal OSHA rules they gave SoCal. Last I heard OSHA wanted there to be stairs on the outside of the tower (which is impossible).

Just know theres a reason Tidal Wave was not renamed for the 2017 season when it was moved/ it's entrance is where it is now... and all signs point to a Giant Discovery.

Lance is always shaky with SFMM rumors. I'll tell you this, theyre both not happening, 1, unless I'm mistaken SFMM didn't wanna do a super loop because they thought of it as a cop out/ weak ride for the local cliente and 2, a Sky Screamer would be a living nightmare for the park with the new Cal OSHA rules they gave SoCal. Last I heard OSHA wanted there to be stairs on the outside of the tower (which is impossible).

Just know theres a reason Tidal Wave was not renamed for the 2017 season when it was moved/ it's entrance is where it is now... and all signs point to a Giant Discovery.

What would they logistically theme it as? Wonder Woman's already at SFMM, so unless if the Standup flat changes name; it has to be something else.

^ A rumor thrown around was that the Giant Frisbee would come alongside a flat ride package themed to DC villains. So perhaps Frisbee - Joker, (if it happens) Powersplash - Penguin, 3rd ride - ???