1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Discussion in 'Other California Parks' started by UniversalFan, May 30, 2013.

1. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

More details:

In addition to CraZanity, and in keeping with our master plan of refurbishing areas of the Park into WOW Zones, we are introducing our next newly-themed area called The Boardwalk, which spans from “Guess your Weight” up to the Restrooms next to Scrambler. In addition to this craZy new intense thrill ride, The Boardwalk will take on the feel of a quintessential beachfront fun zone and feature a totally redone and enhanced Bumper Cars with lights, music and a new building facade where our guests will actually see the action from the midway. Yes, we’re breaking down the walls and opening up the fun just as you’d see on any classic seaside boardwalk. Plus, renovated Johnny Rockets, a new snack stand and pub, and a refurbished Center Ring games promenade with a giant (and I mean giant) new Soccer Kick attraction to round out the new area. CraZanity will be located across the midway from Tidal Wave where the old Metro station currently stands (finally say goodbye to that old structure – demolition begins this Fall). Speaking of Tidal Wave, the water attraction and Scrambler will also get a much-deserved facelift.

Alexshow likes this.
  2. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Nice. I like the change. Since they're leaving Psyclone Bay alone, could that be next for a facelift? Flat ride package for next year?

3. Chris Galindo

I hope. I'd give SFMM super brownie points if they change the flooring in the area to look Boardwalk/ wooden pier style.

4. graspthesun

graspthesun Premium Member

This sounds like the most terrifying flat ride of all time.

5. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

This park has officially killed me and possibly any further big coaster riding for a good while.

6. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Didn't like the coasters? Coaster'd out?

What did you think of Justice League?

7. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

The coasters were great but the park was virtually dead and it was too much too quickly plus it felt excessively warm today.

I liked it. Sure it wasn't up to par with Disney or Universal but it was a good leap for Six Flags compared to their usual offerings. As far as the shooting goes, it felt like a small vision of the future for this ride type. It felt very dynamic compared to everything before. Midway Mania has the same feel but this was on a bigger more chaotic scale.

Overall, it was a fun offering.

Freak and Chris Galindo like this.
  8. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

After riding the sky way rides at Lagoon and the LA County Fair over the past couple of weeks, I was thinking SFMM could definitely use one. Yeah, I know, I know. They used to have one and can be costly to maintain so it probably won't happen. That being said, the park really, really, really needs a good transportation ride that can take you over the mountain. The walk around the park can be very frustrating and tiring for a lot of guests.

I like how the park is addressing glaring issues before the park's fiftieth. They fixed the remedy for a dark ride, they're working on more flats, they're fixing the themed areas of the park; what they need is to have a really good transportation ride to get guests across the park faster and let them rest for ten minutes. A sky way would be perfect for this park and would offer thrilling views while relaxing. I can't imagine it costing too terribly much to build.

9. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

I would also say perhaps another water attraction that doesn't suck (looking at you Tidal Wave).

10. Chris Galindo

There was a small rumor a few years back we'd be getting a new type of transportation system. Heard it was proposed to the city but never passed though. Wonder what type it would've been.