Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

More details:

In addition to CraZanity, and in keeping with our master plan of refurbishing areas of the Park into WOW Zones, we are introducing our next newly-themed area called The Boardwalk, which spans from “Guess your Weight” up to the Restrooms next to Scrambler. In addition to this craZy new intense thrill ride, The Boardwalk will take on the feel of a quintessential beachfront fun zone and feature a totally redone and enhanced Bumper Cars with lights, music and a new building facade where our guests will actually see the action from the midway. Yes, we’re breaking down the walls and opening up the fun just as you’d see on any classic seaside boardwalk. Plus, renovated Johnny Rockets, a new snack stand and pub, and a refurbished Center Ring games promenade with a giant (and I mean giant) new Soccer Kick attraction to round out the new area. CraZanity will be located across the midway from Tidal Wave where the old Metro station currently stands (finally say goodbye to that old structure – demolition begins this Fall). Speaking of Tidal Wave, the water attraction and Scrambler will also get a much-deserved facelift.

I hope. I'd give SFMM super brownie points if they change the flooring in the area to look Boardwalk/ wooden pier style.

Didn't like the coasters? Coaster'd out?

What did you think of Justice League?

The coasters were great but the park was virtually dead and it was too much too quickly plus it felt excessively warm today.

I liked it. Sure it wasn't up to par with Disney or Universal but it was a good leap for Six Flags compared to their usual offerings. As far as the shooting goes, it felt like a small vision of the future for this ride type. It felt very dynamic compared to everything before. Midway Mania has the same feel but this was on a bigger more chaotic scale.

Overall, it was a fun offering.

After riding the sky way rides at Lagoon and the LA County Fair over the past couple of weeks, I was thinking SFMM could definitely use one. Yeah, I know, I know. They used to have one and can be costly to maintain so it probably won't happen. That being said, the park really, really, really needs a good transportation ride that can take you over the mountain. The walk around the park can be very frustrating and tiring for a lot of guests.

I like how the park is addressing glaring issues before the park's fiftieth. They fixed the remedy for a dark ride, they're working on more flats, they're fixing the themed areas of the park; what they need is to have a really good transportation ride to get guests across the park faster and let them rest for ten minutes. A sky way would be perfect for this park and would offer thrilling views while relaxing. I can't imagine it costing too terribly much to build.

After riding the sky way rides at Lagoon and the LA County Fair over the past couple of weeks, I was thinking SFMM could definitely use one. Yeah, I know, I know. They used to have one and can be costly to maintain so it probably won't happen. That being said, the park really, really, really needs a good transportation ride that can take you over the mountain. The walk around the park can be very frustrating and tiring for a lot of guests.

I like how the park is addressing glaring issues before the park's fiftieth. They fixed the remedy for a dark ride, they're working on more flats, they're fixing the themed areas of the park; what they need is to have a really good transportation ride to get guests across the park faster and let them rest for ten minutes. A sky way would be perfect for this park and would offer thrilling views while relaxing. I can't imagine it costing too terribly much to build.

I would also say perhaps another water attraction that doesn't suck (looking at you Tidal Wave).

There was a small rumor a few years back we'd be getting a new type of transportation system. Heard it was proposed to the city but never passed though. Wonder what type it would've been.

Sorry for the double post - word on the street is Neal Thurman has returned, replacing Bonnie as the park president. This is huge if true. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post - word on the street is Neil Thurman has returned, replacing Bonnie as the park president. This is huge if true. Can anyone confirm?
Can’t confirm, although this means we will be getting some really good coasters in the future of this is true.

Although we did get some nice additions like Twisted Colossus, Justice League, and Crazanity under her leadership, I’m grateful that the park will be great again. Operations and upkeep were always much better under him.

I have just received word that Neal will officially be moved in/ announced as the new park pres. effective Jan. 1st.

Also - does it bother anyone else they never finished the facade for JL? Hoping to visit the park next week and check out how it's holding up.

I have just received word that Neal will officially be moved in/ announced as the new park pres. effective Jan. 1st.

Also - does it bother anyone else they never finished the facade for JL? Hoping to visit the park next week and check out how it's holding up.
Kind of. What bothers me more is the preshow format. They need to get rid of it and make it a normal queue like all of the other ones are. It’s very annoying to be kept outside with a small handful of people being let in at a time only to have to endure two preshow that blow ten minutes of your time. Just make those rooms a normal queue. No need to waste our time when we just want to ride.

^Even more when you leave the final pre-show area and discover the ride has been cycling empty because it's been waiting for riders, when all the riders are stuck outside waiting for these pre-shows.

Knowing SFMM, I'm sure they will in fact do away with them in time. Much like Terminator: Salvation/Apocalypse. Just gotta wait it out, I suppose.

Screams cape is saying that rumors have surfaced for a new 2019 roller coaster. It doesn’t sound like they’re eager to do a B&M dive machine especially now that Knott’s has added Hangtime.

Rumor is SFMM is eyeing Mack’s Time Machine and want to build something like that. Knott’s has a more family friendly spinner while SFMM can have the more extreme version.

I have heard from someone this past year who talks to some in management and said that they don’t want to ADD another coaster until 2021....the 50th anniversary. Maybe they changed their mind. They can push that for the 20th coaster and then build the mega one for the 50th.

Screams cape is saying that rumors have surfaced for a new 2019 roller coaster. It doesn’t sound like they’re eager to do a B&M dive machine especially now that Knott’s has added Hangtime.

Rumor is SFMM is eyeing Mack’s Time Machine and want to build something like that. Knott’s has a more family friendly spinner while SFMM can have the more extreme version.

I have heard from someone this past year who talks to some in management and said that they don’t want to ADD another coaster until 2021....the 50th anniversary. Maybe they changed their mind. They can push that for the 20th coaster and then build the mega one for the 50th.

Out of curiosity, what if they just replace something like Viper with that rumor that's floating about? That way, they don't have to do the 20th coaster till 2021 and at the same time, giving them something brand new to replace the old?

Out of curiosity, what if they just replace something like Viper with that rumor that's floating about? That way, they don't have to do the 20th coaster till 2021 and at the same time, giving them something brand new to replace the old?

I feel this is the more likely route.

That rumor sounds awesome though! Neil is a bit more ballsy and goes after bigger investments, but I also don't wanna hype myself up for this. Full Throttle was supposed to be way more than it turned out to be... *sigh*

True, but that space would demand for something that would need to look iconic (A Giga would fit that bill). I would think they would want to save the mega coaster for that space. The former De’Ja’Vu spot is in need to liven up that spot, so they could decide to say “screw it” and just build a coaster there.

True, but that space would demand for something that would need to look iconic (A Giga would fit that bill). I would think they would want to save the mega coaster for that space. The former De’Ja’Vu spot is in need to liven up that spot, so they could decide to say “screw it” and just build a coaster there.

And I don't disagree that the spot where Déjà Vu needs something, but that I would think just by age alone, Viper would be the most likely to leave. Not to mention, it may have enough space for something like Time Traveler to come to the parks, if that is what Neil desires to make out of for a big splash back into Magic Mountain.