Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

SFMM has got to be in a similar situation... if they don't do anything, people like you bemoan them for being lazy and not trying. Then, when they do try with what is probably one of their most ambitious dark rides to date, JL, people say it's not as good as Disney.

a BAZILLION times this. People hate on the park because its the "cool" thing to do yet I will gladly take the park as it is now over how it was 10 years ago. The park doesnt need to compete, it needs to be Magic Mountain and IMO they do a pretty good job distinguishing themselves as the thrill capital, despite the flaws it has.

Justice League was their only smart investment recently, however the fact that they didn't make it 4K is surprising since it is a DC property. The projection quality is very hit or miss with the ride. The shooting tech isn't terrible, but you do have to be very accurate with the aiming.

The one thing they seriously need to fix though is Pre-Show Room 2. I've even mentioned it to them once or twice. They've got the load-in music blasting, but the issue is... Cyborg starts talking BEFORE the music goes low & the doors close. So unless you really pay attention, you basically miss his intro. I wish the ride ops would acknowledge this issue so it can be fixed.

Also... I heard a guest one day in Pre-Show 2 ask "Is that the dude from Pacific Rim?" :chainsaw:

And JL queue is one of the few times I hope SF gets lazy and cheap. They could easily eliminate two employee positions and just have regular queue in those areas. Not only do I dislike those pre-show rooms, but each pre-show is so long. Plus, it essentially makes the single rider line pointless. It's even more frustrating when you basically know if it's a slow day, the ride is cycling empty, but you still have to wait. :/

Really, I often skip that ride simply because I don't want to sit through those pre-show rooms. Which I feel bad about, because I like the ride itself.

And JL queue is one of the few times I hope SF gets lazy and cheap. They could easily eliminate two employee positions and just have regular queue in those areas. Not only do I dislike those pre-show rooms, but each pre-show is so long. Plus, it essentially makes the single rider line pointless. It's even more frustrating when you basically know if it's a slow day, the ride is cycling empty, but you still have to wait. :/

Really, I often skip that ride simply because I don't want to sit through those pre-show rooms. Which I feel bad about, because I like the ride itself.
I agree, the ride is great but those pre-shows are what kills it. I’d like to ride it more and use the single rider line but those pre-shows unmotivate me. Maybe one day they’ll just add a switchback queue inside and add a wall you have to walk around to block out the noise from the two rooms. It’s a very similar situation to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem and The Simpsons Ride.

^all that :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm too tired from today to upload the pics... so here's a quick recap:

- Crazanity has SOME landscaping & its sign. Walls are still going up. Would say its possible for a soft open by this weekend.
- Bumper Cars should be open any day now. The walls are finally down.
- Revolution is back up and running (not sure with VR or not)
- Apocalypse will be going down on Sunday. (not sure if that means last day of operation or will be closed). So that whole are "should" be walled off by monday. Allegedly, even the candy store back there is getting demolished too. It seems like they want to basically level everything except Apocalypse.

I'll post the pics tomorrow (...today).

Alright... I finally got around to uploading those pics from yesterday...

Apocalypse Midway (actual name used in the park fyi)
pXFHa1E.jpg

k3mUnDh.jpg

Once again, as I mentioned above, this is your last week to get your last ride in on Apocalypse

"Jammin' Bumpers"
jYLZfJl.jpg

Ct9UcSS.jpg

CK3n8j1.jpg

CraZanity
3PyThye.jpg

HjJ70Zx.jpg

4Q9gO9e.jpg

Qfhl9AT.jpg

"Passholder Previews" for CraZanity start on Saturday, July 7th
- Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, & Diamond Elite - 10am-10pm

- ALL Passholders: July 8th/9th 10:30am-9pm

Yea the 100+ degree temperature is a total turn off for me... I can wait until next week to ride Crazanity. The only motivation I have to go up there anytime this weekend would be for Apocalypse... but ugh, that heat..

Alright... I finally got around to uploading those pics from yesterday...

Apocalypse Midway (actual name used in the park fyi)
pXFHa1E.jpg

k3mUnDh.jpg

Once again, as I mentioned above, this is your last week to get your last ride in on Apocalypse

"Jammin' Bumpers"
jYLZfJl.jpg

Ct9UcSS.jpg

CK3n8j1.jpg

CraZanity
3PyThye.jpg

HjJ70Zx.jpg

4Q9gO9e.jpg

Qfhl9AT.jpg

Where did you hear about the preview dates?

I figured it'd be soon when I saw them installing the ride sign and landscaping yesterday, then sure enough it was announced in the latest passholder newsletter

52aqcBt.jpg

Soooo this is interesting... while Passholders get their preview rides on CraZanity & Jammin' Bumpers this weekend. Apparently the employee TeamMember preview isn't until Tuesday, July 10th from 8AM to 10AM (2 whole hours) BEFORE the park opens that day. So nice of Six Flags, oh well... at least passholders get 100+ degree heat lol

So when can we expect an official announcement from SFMM regarding their 2019 project?

I recall they had their chain wide announcements last year in August or September. Whoa, that's just around the corner!

Soooo this is interesting... while Passholders get their preview rides on CraZanity & Jammin' Bumpers this weekend. Apparently the employee TeamMember preview isn't until Tuesday, July 10th from 8AM to 10AM (2 whole hours) BEFORE the park opens that day. So nice of Six Flags, oh well... at least passholders get 100+ degree heat lol
Employees got to preview the ride tonight (July 6th) after park closing. They ALSO, get another party in the morning like you mentioned.

Employees got to preview the ride tonight (July 6th) after park closing. They ALSO, get another party in the morning like you mentioned.
Yep. They were actually doing film shoots for the ride yesterday but the cast got too hot so they left. A little bit before the park closed, they let some of the GP ride it because they still needed nighttime shots filmed.

Here is a video from last night. (not mine.. I'm not in any hurry to go up there in this heat)

Can I just say that Cedar Point can suck it!

In this friendly round of Giant Frisbee Competition, MaXair vs CraZanity, SFMM for the win.

Just on the lighting package alone.