Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh god.. I completely forgot all about MaXair! haha I was at the park when it was "new", but never bothered to wait in line for it. :rolleyes:

I really do hate the color scheme of both though haha. At least with ours, the LEDs hide it at night

West Coast Racer - new coaster
Maxx Force - new flat
Whoa, how did I miss this post? I remember you said we could get an air racer flat a while back. The name seems to heavily imply that or a Zamp Endeavor. So if WCR is going to be the name for the new coaster (Maxx Force is a better suited name for the new coaster IMO), what would Apocalypse be renamed as?

With those names in mind, are we sure this is going to be a spinning coaster and not a Mack launch? I don't think the spinning would make sense for the racing theme. I would think something like this would make sense:

The rock work landscaping/tunnels were beautiful on that coaster... and interesting little dark ride preshow segment at the beginning...

As far as the new permit names go. @Freak keep in mind that just because it has the name "Racer" in the title doesn't necessarily mean it will race or be legit speed driven... This is the same park that named the stupid 4D spinning coaster for Green Lantern "First Flight", despite its lack of flying...

Considering Justice League is the ONLY legit INDOOR/dark ride in the park. They seriously need to add another one (or 3) to the park. As for Apocalypse, we have to wait and see.

Reactions: chris.g
Oh god.. I completely forgot all about MaXair! haha I was at the park when it was "new", but never bothered to wait in line for it. :rolleyes:

I really do hate the color scheme of both though haha. At least with ours, the LEDs hide it at night

Well CraZanity is also taller & faster than maXair.

Both names are questionable. Lol

The reports so far on CZ have been positive. Some even saying that it's one of their top 5 rides at the park!

CraZanity isn’t the best name choice but I don’t have too much of a problem with it. I’m just glad the chain isn’t spamming the DC comics attraction naming at Magic Mountain

Reactions: alias8703
i wish they would use that old deja vu site for something instead of the aftermath maze which won’t be coming back this year right?since the area is closed off?also they can really use the green lantern area (i don’t think they are going to fix it) i doubt they even care about it anymore get rid of that and tidal wave both a waste of space.

Apocalypse and Cyclone Bay are officially closed.
well yea, I said it'd be going down on sunday last week. :rolleyes:

i wish they would use that old deja vu site for something instead of the aftermath maze which won’t be coming back this year right? since the area is closed off? also they can really use the green lantern area (i don’t think they are going to fix it) i doubt they even care about it anymore get rid of that and tidal wave both a waste of space.
1- The Deja Vu/Aftermath site will be used for the new project.
2- Green Lantern isn't broken, it is closed due to a legal issue with that particular coaster design at another park (but i have seen them cycle a car through)
3- Tidal Wave was minimally "refreshed" & is open.

Reactions: Ron101

1- The Deja Vu/Aftermath site will be used for the new project.
2- Green Lantern isn't broken, it is closed due to a legal issue with that particular coaster design at another park (but i have seen them cycle a car through)
3- Tidal Wave was minimally "refreshed" & is open.
What about those extra trims they added to that one drop before the mid course brake run on Green Lantern?

No idea honestly. The damn thing has been closed for so long it shouldn't even factor into their coaster count against Cedar Point.

oh yea... totally forgot all about this little gem from my childhood. :look::exclap: Beware, the songs will get stuck in your head.. BUT I absolutely LOVE seeing some of the former rides and certain areas of the park. You have to watch on Youtube due to the video owner :rolleyes: (But its worth it)

Enjoy your trip back to early 90s Six Flags: Magic Mountain :popcorn:

My apologies all seeing Wesker, how ignorant of me to overlook such a statement by the magnificent oh so wise Wesker69?! Please forgive my naivety. Had it not been for the your oh so awesome foreshadows I would have never been able to believe the closure from anywhere else!

We all know SFMM LOVES to go for record-breaking coasters. In order for them to build this coaster, what do you think the title is going to be? World's tallest and fastest spinning coaster?

We all know SFMM LOVES to go for record-breaking coasters. In order for them to build this coaster, what do you think the title is going to be? World's tallest and fastest spinning coaster?

I'm thinking, if it's a spinning coaster; they will aim for breaking Time Traveller's records, "Tallest"; "Fastest"; "Most Inversions"; and "Longest" Spinning Coaster in the World, just to one-up.

I heard that this might be a hyper, capping off exactly at the 200 ft. mark. Doesnt this area of the park have some sort of height limit though?

My apologies all seeing Wesker, how ignorant of me to overlook such a statement by the magnificent oh so wise Wesker69?! Please forgive my naivety. Had it not been for the your oh so awesome foreshadows I would have never been able to believe the closure from anywhere else!

Lol

All of the above. My prediction is that this coaster will break at least 3 records, possibly more.

Tallest & fastest for sure. My money would be on longest for the third record.